Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Looking for a leb from a realiable company
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Looking for a leb from a realiable company

Hi,

I am looking for a vps for vpn usage. I am currently using Linode but I don't even use Linode 1GB package resources and paying $20 every month. My server uses 150MB ram and 550mb hdd so I won't need much resources except cpu(I am using AES 256 bit and RSA 2048 bit as encryption)

Can you recommend me a good company for that? I am the only person connecting to the server. XEN, 256mb ram, hdd doesn't matter and 250 GB traffic will be fine for me. I prefer Germany location but I'll consider other EU locations too.

Comments

• @b55 said:
    Hi,

I am looking for a vps for vpn usage. I am currently using Linode but I don't even use Linode 1GB package resources and paying $20 every month. My server uses 150MB ram and 550mb hdd so I won't need much resources except cpu(I am using AES 256 bit and RSA 2048 bit as encryption)

Can you recommend me a good company for that? I am the only person connecting to the server. XEN, 256mb ram, hdd doesn't matter and 250 GB traffic will be fine for me. I prefer Germany location but I'll consider other EU locations too.

My recommendation, ramnode at NL

• Ramnode +1

• DomainBopDomainBop Member
    edited October 2013

Germany (Dusseldorf), Xen, very reliable company:

ProviderService 512MB RAM, 10GB disk, 500GB bandwidth Xen plan for 3.90€ (3.28€ without VAT)
    https://www.providerservice.com/root-vps/?netto#XEN

• AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider

Hi b55

I can offer you a Xen 256mb VPS for €25.00 p/year in Rotterdam Netherlands if you are interested.

The coupon code is: 256425Y

Anthony.

• As DomainBop suggested, you cant go wrong with ProviderService or there KVM brand GetKVM, if you prefer.

• c0yc0y Member
    edited October 2013

EDIS is very professional and reliable and has a germany location: http://lowendbox.com/blog/edis-7-1gb-100gb-hdd-storage-vps-in-austria-germany-sweden-switzerland/

• b55b55 Member
    edited October 2013

I am currently considering xen virtualization. Do you think KVM virtualization is similar to xen? Because I read somewhere, while "masquerade iptables rule(for openvpn)" works with xen it doesn't works with Openvz.

• AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider

KVM is pretty much the same thing as Xen, a little faster in some departments and a little slower in others.

• MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran

If you think of Xen-HVM, yes, xen-pv is faster than KVM in all aspects. The advantage of Xen-HVM and KCM is that they can install from ISO so you can run bsd/Windows, even routeros, whatever.
    Both KVM and Xen run own kernel so you dont depend on host kernel like in OVZ, therefore any iptable rule will work, but you can change masquerade to snat and will work in ovz too.
    If you would like to host in Italy, let me know :)

• @Maounique said:
    If you think of Xen-HVM, yes, xen-pv is faster than KVM in all aspects. The advantage of Xen-HVM and KCM is that they can install from ISO so you can run bsd/Windows, even routeros, whatever.
    Both KVM and Xen run own kernel so you dont depend on host kernel like in OVZ, therefore any iptable rule will work, but you can change masquerade to snat and will work in ovz too.
    If you would like to host in Italy, let me know :)

For then record, he runs a very reliable company.