Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

64 or 128mb Ram for €3.00 p/year - UK, Italy, Netherlands (Pure SSD and DDOS protected Options)
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

64 or 128mb Ram for €3.00 p/year - UK, Italy, Netherlands (Pure SSD and DDOS protected Options)

AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider
edited October 2013 in Offers

Hi Folks,

I have not posted on offer on LET for a while mainly due to stock etc, but thought I would give the lowendspirit brand a push.

http://lowendspirit.com is a non-profit project financially backed and ran by Inception Hosting, you get 5 x Native IPv6 addresses and have a shared IPv4 address.

Locations and packages:

Netherlands - i3d.net - rotterdam

1 CPU Core

64mb Ram

3 GB HDD Space

500GB @ gbit BW

5 x IPv6

1 x NAT IPv4

UK - WildcardNetworks - Newcastle Upon Tyne

1 CPU Core

128mb Ram

3 GB HDD Space

100 GB @ 100mbit BW

5 x IPv6

1 x NAT IPv4

Italy - SEflow - Milan

1 CPU Core

128mb Ram

2 GB Pure SSD HDD Space

500 GB @ 100mbit (DDOS Protected)

5 x IPv6

1 x NAT IPv4

ORDER LINKS: http://lowendspirit.com/locations.html

All servers come with IPv4 connectivity with 20 TCP and UDP ports forwarded to your local IPv4 on your VPS, think about the way your home router holds the external IP and your PC has a local e.g. 192.168.0.67 address, this works in much the same way.

If you do not have native IPv6 or an IPv6 tunnel set up at home you can simply connect via the serial console (SolusVM) update your sshd port to one of the ports assigned to you and then connect over IPv4 as normal.

So what if you want to host a website but dont want a funky URL with an odd port number like domain.com:4453 ?, not a problem, you have 2 options.

1) As haproxy runs on all lowendspirit nodes you simply need to request a reverse proxy entry, when your user asks for your domain.com haproxy reads the TCP header finds domain.com and forwards that on to your VPS look at http://forum.lowendspirit.com this sits behind haproxy on a local IP address.

2) If you use cloudflair then you can use the full IPv6 <-> IPv4 translation they offer example here: http://forum.lowendspirit.com/viewtopic.php?id=441

Common uses for these servers include:

Teamspeak 3 server

Shoutcast

irc clients and bouncers

private proxy

VPN/OpenVPN

Many people buy more than 1 and replicate the data between them for very affordable HA/DC independent websites

Retro game servers

What you cannot do:

Tor (of any type)

Open Proxies

Torrents - Yes this means via a VPN/Proxy too

Example sites hosted on this service:

http://lowendspirit.com - multi homed between UK and NL, just a static site.

http://forum.lowendspirit.com - this is a forum (obviously) running on one of the 64mb NL packages

http://noted.pw - a paste bin type site hosted on one of the Italy packages.

The DDOS protection is useful however please note due to this not being considered a commercial production grade service DDOS magnets will not be tollorated.

All packages come with SolusVM access and instant IPv6 rDNS.

Still not sure if this is right for you? ask any questions you have below or here: http://forum.lowendspirit.com/viewforum.php?id=13

Comments

• Possibility to request a range of ports?

• AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider

@taronyu

The ports are pre allocated based on your IPv4 address, so for example if you have 10.10.10.241 your ports will be: 24101 - 24120 i.e. based on the last octet.

• But you won't do port requests? E.g. I need to host something on 41144, I use ~30gb traffic/month and no cpu + disk space at all.

edited October 2013

@tr1cky that is correct.

The main reason is due to the support time and auditing it would take if 500+ people wanted custom ports and maintaining the haproxy records manually is already enough of a workload :) the primary point of it is it being a low end native IPv6 service but not exclude those that want to use it as IPv4 completely.

I completely understand it would be great to be able to do what you are suggesting and plans are in place to automate that in the long term so you will get your standard 20 ports + 5 custom of your choice (assuming someone else has not taken them already)

I am actually about 10 pages of what will probably end up as 50 pages in to a plan and technical document for the custom panel development for lowendspirit and that is part of it.

Right now.. it is what it is :)

Anthony.

• SpiritSpirit Member
    edited October 2013

lowendspirit.com is it what it is. That's why such price. Custom setup for 3€ vps/yearly? I don't think so :) It may not be suitable for everyone but that's normal to expect with those unique plans and because of that there are always slightly higher priced but still cheap "standard" Inception Hosting vps plans - that's how I see things.

• Italy - SEflow - Milan

+1 for the new location. I have a couple of servers with SeFlow and they've been excellent so far, and they're adding Level 3 which will make it even better.

Common uses for these servers include:

Teamspeak 3 server
    Shoutcast
    irc clients and bouncers
    private proxy
    VPN/OpenVPN

64MB would be perfect for a gopher server (and yes, I do still have a couple of gopher sites, although not at LES :P)

Oh, just in case anyone wondered, the templates are very much stripped of everything extra so they really are minimal, I even added a CentOS template with fully functional APT for the 64mb boxes.

• Got one of each location, just to support the initiative if nothing else, although I'm sure I'll find an interesting use for them in the not too distant future.

• @AnthonySmith said:
    tr1cky that is correct.

The main reason is due to the support time and auditing it would take if 500+ people wanted custom ports and maintaining the haproxy records manually is already enough of a workload :) the primary point of it is it being a low end native IPv6 service but not exclude those that want to use it as IPv4 completely.

I completely understand it would be great to be able to do what you are suggesting and plans are in place to automate that in the long term so you will get your standard 20 ports + 5 custom of your choice (assuming someone else has not taken them already)

I am actually about 10 pages of what will probably end up as 50 pages in to a plan and technical document for the custom panel development for lowendspirit and that is part of it.

Right now.. it is what it is :)

Anthony.

That is what I wanted to know, no problems. Worth asking. :)

• @DomainBop said:
    64MB would be perfect for a gopher server (and yes, I do still have a couple of gopher sites, although not at LES :P)

Kinda curious to hear about this - what gopher server software fits comfortably in 64MB RAM and in tyool 2013 what client do people even use for that.

Also, what the hell, why gopher?

• @texteditor said Also, what the hell, why gopher?

because I'm old and started using the Internet before the www protocol existed and I really liked gopher sites during their brief heyday. :P

what client do people even use for that.

Lynx and some other browsers still support the protocol.

what gopher server software fits comfortably in 64MB RAM

GoFish or Pygoherd

ID             owner size        command
    1065    gopher  10572 kB    /usr/bin/python /usr/sbin/pygopherd /etc/pygopherd/pygopherd.conf
    1066    root    1548 kB     startpar -f -- pygopherd

//end of derail of anthony's thread...sorry

• mikhomikho Member, Host Rep

I approve this message.

• GunterGunter Member
    edited October 2013

Anthony's LowEndSpirit is a genius service, that's remarkable on so many levels.

Just know what you're getting into with a 3 euro VPS. The fact that you don't get a dedicated IPv4 address needs to be super bolded.

• Have had an NL one for a month or so now which I use for VPN. Very good so far, no problems at all xD

• I have 3 boxes wit LES. great services :) with one I had over 120 days uptime!

btw is it possible to move a box (you can delete the content - no problem) from the UK to IT?

• You can get TCP 80 ipv4 access by doing AAAA to ipv6 address and full ipv6 support enabled in Cloudflare!

Thanked by 2ricardo Gunter

@sundaymouse said:
    You can get TCP 80 ipv4 access by doing AAAA to ipv6 address and full ipv6 support enabled in Cloudflare!

Indeed, I also run haproxy on all nodes so you can request a reverse proxy entry as well for hosting on port 80 IPv4 :)

• Cloudflare approach is interesting. I have a number of VPS for hosting small static websites and that approach sounds great for this server.

• LowEndSpirit is awesome! Highly recommended!

• RaymiiRaymii Member
    edited October 2013

@CastleServers said:
    LowEndSpirit is awesome! Highly recommended!

Agreed. So is Inception Hosting

• Also, I don't think I'll ever buy another VPS from another provider for website hosting or small tasks ever again. Cheap + awesome = perfect!

• how to pay with USD?

• @yywudi said:
    how to pay with USD?

It'll be converted if you pay with PayPal.

• Screw it. I'm buying another one.

• Since all supports are forum-based, for the UK, will it be possible to add RAM and/or space later? Or is it only possible when order? Thanks.

It can be done later under add-on options under your product in the billing area.

• ahmiqahmiq Member
    edited January 2014

got one of the LES boxes , working pretty well. There was a java client problem in solus vm but the details to connect through putty are given so no problem as of now. I wanted to run a pptp vpn but , it runs on 1723 port , i am trying to figure out how to make it work it with windows. Very much impressed with the performance. also , new US location is added so pretty excited about it.

# dd if=/dev/zero of=test_$$ bs=64k count=16k conv=fdatasync && rm -f test_$$ 6817+0 records in 6816+0 records out 446701568 bytes (447 MB) copied, 0.829344 seconds, 539 MB/s

@ahmiq you cant run pptp as windows is not capable of using any other control port for connections than 1723, this however is the solution: http://forum.lowendspirit.com/viewtopic.php?id=235