Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Centriohost: lousy way to treat a repeat customer - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Centriohost: lousy way to treat a repeat customer

Comments

• @cloromorpho said:
    another prime example of unprofesional and rude people.

I'm not relevant, who (bar you) cares?

• i ment @CVPS_Chris actually... hahah

• VallVall Member
    edited October 2013

@awson said:
    I'm not relevant, who (bar you) cares?

Me, and @raza19, and @SegmentationFault, and @rldowling03, and @Infinity580, and @ihatetonyy, and... the list goes on.

I'm sorry, but it seems you (and the one or two others that seem to think that name calling and rudeness is just the "regular way of doing business") are in a very small minority here...

• So what's the purpose of this thread? For you to vent or to warn other people?

• @black said:
    So what's the purpose of this thread? For you to vent or to warn other people?

@black: why can't it be both? :-)

• @black the purpose of this thread was outshined by the response of the company itself. :D

Thanked by 2Vall Abdussamad
  • @awson said:
    Did he hurt your feelings? :(

Nope: I've been offended before, of course. But that does not mean this is "acceptable" or even "normal" as your posts seem to imply.

• @cloromorpho said:
    black the purpose of this thread was outshined by the response of the company itself. :D

Haha yeah, that was great.

@Vall if you actually read through the latest sale thread, you would've seen it coming.

• @black said:
    I completely agree. Plus, proving to sales that there is a cheaper certificate wasn't necessary at all, you could've easily purchased from someone else when they told you that there isn't a certificate < $100 when you know there is. Why not just move on?

You, like @awson, seems to miss the point. Again: price matching is NOT the issue, rudeness and lack of basic manners are.

Going on and proving sales wrong plus posting on LET. That's quite an effort.

Nope, not a large effort at all. I've benefited mighty from the posts of other folks here at LET, and I wanted to contribute something to help people chose their next provider, in this case by exposing a bad one.

Also, to paraphrase the famous quote, the only thing that is needed for bad manners, rudeness and un-profissionalism to triumph is for the considerate and professional people to do nothing.

• @cloromorpho said:
    black the purpose of this thread was outshined by the response of the company itself. :D

Fully agreed: @Centriohost's response could not be any more QED :-)

• blackblack Member
    edited October 2013

You would've already realized this if you read the latest SSL sales thread. It's like telling someone the news from a few days ago, so it seemed like it's more of a personal matter.

The only thing reason people buy those certificates is because it's cheap and it works. People willingly deal with the risk because they feel like the reward is worth it. That's it.

• VallVall Member
    edited October 2013

@AnthonySmith said:
    wait, I read this but it looks like you were expecting a $10 wildcard cert?

Nope; please read my post again: the price of the cert was just the reason for calling their support, NOT the reason for my complain here at LET. Again, I complained because they were very rude and disrespectful.

I think it was a bit rude they the way just brushed your off

Do you really think being literally told to take your business elsewhere and then getting hanged on while you are still talking is "just a bit rude"? What about being called a "c*nt" and an "*sshole"?

but the reality is they said they cant match the price,

Nope, they didn't. As the record above shows, they said literally that I should take my business elsewhere, and then hang up on me.

what is the point in beating them over the head with it?

The point is exposing how @Centriohost behaves so LET folks are better informed when the time comes for them to chose a provider. And I don't think I'm "beating" anyone "over the head".

Hope everything is clear for you now...

• AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider

:) honestly I thought this was just a complaint from someone who did not get exactly what they wanted at first (sadly it is common) But I 100% agree with you now they have shown what sort of people they are.

Thanked by 1Vall
  • spekkspekk Member
    edited October 2013

@CentrioHost has left this thread, he meant it's not "his problem", when he said "his business", and well that may be true. But calling you a cheap cunt(front) and well an asshole (back) was pretty rude and well I believe I will never do business with this company, I know it's fun for others because your problem is not very important, but imagine having a VPS, losing all your data or a major problem, it won't be very funny anymore when the owner calls you names for complaining.

Thanked by 1Vall
  • @black said:
    You would've already realized this if you read the latest SSL sales thread. It's like telling someone the news from a few days ago, so it seemed like it's more of a personal matter.

Please excuse me, but you completely missed my point: this post is not about telling people that @Centriohost sales is over, it's about exposing their bad manners and rudeness (which was completely justified by their own post here, please see above).

The only thing reason people buy those certificates is because it's cheap and it works.

See above: not only me, but lots of other LET users seem to think that basic manners and respect should be shown on every professional relationship. Seems only you and two other folks think differently... but of course you are welcome to your opinions, just don't think that they are "right" or even in the majority...

• @spekk said:
    CentrioHost has left this thread, he meant it's not "his problem", when he said "his business", and well that may be true. But calling you a cheap cunt(front) and well an asshole (back) was pretty rude and well I believe I will never do business with this company, I know it's fun for others because your problem is not very important, but imagine having a VPS, losing all your data or a major problem, it won't be very funny anymore when the owner calls you names for complaining.

Well put, I could not agree with you more. As I've said, when a company shows such a lack of professionalism when dealing with a customer, then lack of concern to other, much graver matters can't be far behind...

• @AnthonySmith said:
    :) honestly I thought this was just a complaint from someone who did not get exactly what they wanted at first (sadly it is common) But I 100% agree with you now they have shown what sort of people they are.

Thanks for getting my point, @AnthonySmith.

• VallVall Member
    edited October 2013

@raza19 said:
    Maybe name calling & swearing are acceptable as being part of business practices where you come from but for me this is a deal breaker because I know I can also be at the receiving end from the same host someday.

Very well put, @raza19. To say nothing about other possible (and, given the above, probable) future harming and deleterious behavior from them, as @spekk has said above.

• @Vall said:

@black said:
    The only thing reason people buy those certificates is because it's cheap and it works.

See above: not only me, but lots of other LET users seem to think that basic manners and respect should be shown on every professional relationship. Seems only you and two other folks think differently...

Cut that to one other folk, as @AnthonySmith just posted agreeing with my point.

• @AnthonySmith said:

That aspect of Centriohost was apparent from his first offer thread itself. But being an ssl certificate with almost no need of support, I bought two more certificates from him. But I'd not touch his hosting or vps (if he ever advertises them) with a twenty foot pole.

Thanked by 2AnthonySmith isalem
  • VallVall Member
    edited October 2013

@Infinity580 said:
    CentrioHost, your favorite asshole support Hosting Provider! ~ Since 2007

LOL! Actually, I think they just left the Hosting Provider business and started in the name-calling and bad manners business, see my post above! :-) Hope they have good luck in this next endeavor! ;-)

• @CentrioHost said:
    I just aware about that now from another customer about this thread! What a cheap cunt! We already announce that on sale thread, that the PROMOTIONAL SSL are over, we have 5K SSL on our stock, and all of them sold. Today this person wake up from grave and blaming us to give him another 2$ ssl or, what? If you can find better pricing go elsewhere. We must not give you any 2$ ssl for sure, asshole.

Cheers, clearly you love calling your customers names, I'll keep in mind to never get ANY Services from you or your company, congratulations :-)

• You have to admit that this guy is kinda a cheap c*** ... Don't event know why this thread was made.. So stupid..

• The only thing I wonder is if @Centriohost relizes this thread will soon be indexed in Google and pop up when people search for them. So @Centriohost maybe you should realize that you just stabbed your self in the back by being so rude to your customer base. Hope you enjoyed your short stay here, doubt anyone (here) will be doing business with your company in the future.

Cheers!

• @TheLinuxBug, it's pretty apparent that he doesn't give a shit, no? I'm sure he'll get on fine without your business, so stop worrying :)

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran
    edited October 2013

@ATHK said:
    You have to admit that this guy is kinda a cheap c*** ... Don't event know why this thread was made.. So stupid..

Yeah that's kinda my thought. I mean sure poor choice on a response from centriohost, because this thread only went the direction of going after him after he said it, but the truth of the matter is that this thread is all about the OP being cheap as hell and being offended by a simple suggestion that if he knows where to get the price he wants, he should go there and get it. If you know of a company selling a product for a better price and you don't want their product, perhaps that speaks for itself, does it not?

Thanked by 1awson
  • CVPS_ChrisCVPS_Chris Member, Patron Provider

That was an entertaining read. Even I couldnt bring those words to come out of my mouth to the public. All I have to say is.... wow.

• @CVPS_Chris said:
    Even I couldnt bring those words to come out of my mouth to the public. All I have to say is.... wow.

Amazing, isn't it? Hehe :)

• TheLinuxBugTheLinuxBug Member
    edited October 2013

Wait, what? Who said I am worried?? I just wanted to point out to that rude asshat that all actions have equal and opposite reactions. This being one of those. I likely would not have done business with them anyhow, but this seals the deal for good in my opinion.

Cheers!

• @TheLinuxBug said:
    Wait, what? Who said I am worried?? I just wanted to point out to that rude asshat that all actions have equal and opposite reactions. This being one of those. I likely would not have done business with them anyhow, but this seals the deal for good in my opinion.

Cheers!

You are expressing care on the matter.