Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Dedicated Minds sudden migration
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Dedicated Minds sudden migration

perennateperennate Member, Host Rep
edited October 2013 in Providers

Hello,

>
>

We’re extremely sorry for the short notice but we will be moving our current NYC Budget VPS services within 24 hours of this email. Please hear us out before you think this is for the worst it has been a hard decision for me and Tyler to make.

>
>

This is something we hoped we could avoid, but due to the recent circumstances with our current provider and without the room to grow much further into our plans for colocation in the East Coast we are forced to move outside our current network to look for other options which will help us achieve our long terms goals as a business. Our provider couldn’t fit in with our needs; neither could it be beneficial to operate some of our Budget plans in this area. Along with that we haven’t had an exceptionally great experience with them so far and to top it off they’re network was repeatedly put on blacklists which is not something we don’t want to be a part of.

>
>

We hoped to be able to increase our presence in NYC but due to increasing costs and no real room to grow our business it is not something we are able to continue doing for our OpenVZ services.
Although this may seem a  drastic decision we have done our best to fit with our clients’ needs but as said we will need to migrate our services—It could be alarming to some we know that but we hope we can continue providing the same services as we previously did but on a much better scale!

>
>

So where are we going? NEW JERSEY!  We wanted to keep things close as possible to NYC so we can provide near enough the same connectivity on the East coast. We will be now operating in Clifton, New Jersey directly with Colo@ themselves. This gives us ample room to grow our operation without the hefty price tag NYC would bring us due to the lack of room our current provider has and the close proximity to the financial world.

>
>

Improvements you say? We certainly do have some improvements!

>
>

•  We now have Savvis, Level3, Global Crossing, Abovenet for NJ network providers.

>
>

•  Our nodes are now running Dual Xeon CPU’s (E5620) with 80GB RAM Minimum, RAID10 Storage and 1Gbps Network connectivity.

>
>

•  Cheaper IPv4 Addresses we’re now charging $0.80/Mo per IP

>
>

•  KVM Nodes will be rolling out very soon!

>
>

>
>

>
>

The not so good bits

>
>

• New IPv4 Addresses – Sadly we have to provide new IP’s to all containers

>
>

•  IPv6 isn’t available just yet, it will be after Colo@ rolls it out at Atanta.

>
>

•  The Short notice – We’ve done our best to fit it in but as a small business it would affect us to leave it off instead of letting it drain the bank.

>
>

>
>

Due to the inconvenience this may cause you we are offering all clients 5 days extra service along with a 15% discount on you next month’s service with us. 

Migration Details:
Migrations will begin of services on Friday 11th October at 20.00PM (8PM) GMT we will be moving our Managed clients over first and upon completion we will move our Budget VPS clients over. We expect the process to be done within a 2 - 4 Hours though we have to leave some room for technical problems which may occur in such events. All IP’s will be reassigned as to each VPS and new details will be provided via email individually. If you require further assistance after the migration that isn’t a problem we can help you get your services back online  we will have extra hands on board to assist with the general support to clients which may be required.

>
>

Taking the move out of the picture we see this as a fantastic opportunity to improve our current infrastructure and services our customers receive. We have a much better network in place which has more of a reach across the US and Europe which our network is now also far more cleaner. We have the perfect options for moving into Colocation within the next couple of months too which is something that limited our options within NYC.

>
>

We cannot apologise enough on the short notice which is something we won’t be repeating in the future. You can call New Jersey our new home as of now. We hope to still have you as a customer on the other side of this migration.

If you have any questions please feel free to let us know we’re here all day and night to get the migration done as quickly as possible and to assist with clients needing help.

>
>

Kindest Regards,
Dedicated Minds Management.

>
>

>
>

>
>

>
>
>
>

Comments

• perennateperennate Member, Host Rep
    edited October 2013

Well, annoying that I have about eighteen hours to move my stuff to a different provider so it doesn't go down during migration. Not sure if I want to keep the VPS. Would be okay if they at least kept the IP address for a week; guess they don't own their address space?

• perennateperennate Member, Host Rep
    edited October 2013

Also someone posted duplicate post at http://lowendtalk.com/discussion/14708/dedicated-minds-service-migrations-nyc-nj

They didn't even get the category right. :)

• Your thread was opened few minutes before the other one and technically you're correct but as people post in the other thread I hope that you don't mind for closing this one. I know, I know... I am sorry for that :)

Thanked by 1perennate
This discussion has been closed.