Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Need Cheap Dedicated server to learn virtualization - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Need Cheap Dedicated server to learn virtualization

2»

Comments

• @earl said:
    The one I got yes.. but ask Josh just to be sure you get a CPU that's virtual capable

Thanks @earl. I have asked him :)

• earlearl Member
    edited October 2013

@CastleServers said:
    Thanks @earl. I have asked him :)

No Problem..

incase one server is not enough they also have this offer which I think is a better deal for an extra $10/mo, if anyone is interested..

`

CPU: AMD Athlon X4 620 (4 cores)
    RAM: 8 GB DDR3 Memory
    HD: 2x 500 GB Hard Drives
    BW: 100 Mbps Unmetered*
    IP: 2 Public IP Addresses
    KVM On Demand Available
    Linux / Windows / BSD / XEN
    $29.95/mo  http://volumedrive.com/vdrive/?a=imCCs72o

`

I just tallied my paypal for the month, it seems I've spent $270 for servers/domains this month lol! These darn sales are killing me!!

• @earl said:
    The one I got yes.. but ask Josh just to be sure you get a CPU that's virtual capable

Yep, not a problem, just include in the order memo AMD-V and we'll be sure to provision a V capable server.

• @earl said:
    I think the client portal is still a work in progress not really much you can do there except for putting in support tickets which you don't really need the portal to do, like Jack mentioned when your server is ready they will email you the info..

You can also view invoices/pay invoices from the client portal. ;)

Thanked by 1earl
  • earlearl Member
    edited October 2013

i did not know that.. i guess cause i have not got invoiced yet..

• @earl said:
    volumedrive is having a sale.. just ask them if they will give you a virtual capable CPU, I believe the stock x2 4200+ that is advertised has AMD-v.. just ask to make sure.

AMD AthlonII X2 (2 cores) Blowout:

» AMD AthlonII X2 (2 cores)
    » 4 GB DDR3 1333 Memory
    » 250 GB SATA Hard Drive
    » 100 Mbps Unmetered Bandwidth (upgradable to 1 Gbps)
    » 2 IP Addresses
    » Dedicated KVM on demand
    » SSD storage available

Per Month: $19.95
    Setup Fee: $0

Order Link: volumedrive.com/vdrive/?a=dedicated

The sad thing is I have one of those suckers sitting in my closet acting as my router (less ram and bandwidth, more disk).

• @Abdessamad said:
    Microlinux i will try with openvz, xen. Amount between 15$ and 20$

OpenVZ you can do inside KVM, I'm not sure about Xen.

• @Rallias said:
    The sad thing is I have one of those suckers sitting in my closet acting as my router (less ram and bandwidth, more disk).

that thing must chew alot of electricity? I remeber using a pentum 75 for NAT back when routers was still expensive..

• @earl said:
    that thing must chew alot of electricity? I remeber using a pentum 75 for NAT back when routers was still expensive..

Electricity is cheap.

• BrianHarrisonBrianHarrison Member, Patron Provider
    edited October 2013

@Rallias said:
    Electricity is cheap.

Most datacenters run anywhere from $12 to $18 per amp at 120V. It ain't that cheap!

• thuvienvpsthuvienvps Member
    edited October 2013

@BrianHarrison said:
    We have a bunch of new inventory arriving later this week and we're gearing up for some clearance offers on some of our existing equipment.

We can offer you a dedicated server for $39 per month with a quad-core Intel Xeon L5420, 8GB memory, 500GB disk, IPMI (remote reboot, remote OS reload, etc) with 5TB bandwidth on a 100mbit port.

If you're a newbie and you want to experiment, IPMI is going to come in very handy for you.

Very limited quantity with that pricing, so get in touch soon if you're interested.

Looks interesting, anyone try this? Can i find better deal with 39$?

• What is the cheapest dedi you could possibly get? Don't care how bad specs are or location etc.

• BrianHarrisonBrianHarrison Member, Patron Provider

@CastleServers said:
    What is the cheapest dedi you could possibly get? Don't care how bad specs are or location etc.

I'm not sure if you're asking me, but the $39 promo on the server above is the lowest cost server we currently have to offer.

• @BrianHarrison said:
    I'm not sure if you're asking me, but the $39 promo on the server above is the lowest cost server we currently have to offer.

Asking everyone. :)

• earlearl Member
    edited October 2013

@Rallias said:
    Electricity is cheap.

Would be even cheaper if you used one of these

It uses around 15 watts/h of power, I bought a used one and they're pretty fun to play around with, I upgraded the memory to 1 gb and replaced the 128mb DOM with a 2.5" 5400rpm drive. I actually installed MikroTik but never got around to testing after I installed it..

• trewqtrewq Administrator, Patron Provider

http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showthread.php?t=1311625

Turnkey has some good deals going except you have to pay yearly.

• Great until I saw yearly :(

• @CastleServers said:
    Great until I saw yearly :(

Next to OVH's $3.99 dedi which is sold out.. this is probably the next best thing..

http://www.online.net/fr/serveur-dedie/comparatif-serveur-dedie-perso

but the CPU would be pretty lousy..

• @earl said:

Not available to people outside of EU

• @CastleServers said:
    Not available to people outside of EU

Hmm.. did they close it again? I thought they were open for international orders now. anyways I think it's sold out, there was alot couple days ago..

• @earl said:
    It uses around 15 watts/h of power, I bought a used one and they're pretty fun to play around with, I upgraded the memory to 1 gb and replaced the 128mb DOM with a 2.5" 5400rpm drive. I actually installed MikroTik but never got around to testing after I installed it..

I do other shit with that machine than just routing. That thing wouldn't even handle my connection to the BlueVM VPN.

• @volumedrive said:

"NYC Dedicated VPS $4.95 | X4 Quad,8GB,1TB,1GBPS $29.95 promo“
    Now is 100MBPS.?

• @woochun said:
    Now is 100MBPS.?

We still offer gigabit burstable service on these servers.

• Check out reliablesite.net dedicated plan they are offering at 30$ .
    Contact them via ticket .