Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Need Cheap Dedicated server to learn virtualization
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Need Cheap Dedicated server to learn virtualization

Hello everybody,

I need an offer like this one to learn about virtualization
http://lowendtalk.com/discussion/14608/special-offer-want-to-learn-to-manage-your-own-dedicated-server-and-play-with-virtualization-sold

your help please

Best Regards,

Comments

• Can you do $49? If so, I can offer this E3 1230 CPU, 16GB Memory, 1TB Enterprise Brand New HDD, 5TB @ 1Gbps, /29 IPv4 + /96 IPv6 in Chicago.

• AbdessamadAbdessamad Member
    edited October 2013

Thanks @serverian for your reply but 49$ isn't a cheap amount for me :(

• @Abdessamad said:
    Thanks serverian for your reply but 49$ isn't a cheap amount for me :(

Then I'd get a 25 EUR server from i3d http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showthread.php?t=1303099

• AlexanderMAlexanderM Member, Top Host, Host Rep

@Abdessamad You can also get a large KVM VPS.

• @serverian thanks for the link, hope more cheap suggestions.
    @AlexanderM can you please explain me what did you mean by "large KVM VPS"
    thanks

• @Abdessamad said:
    serverian thanks for the link, hope more cheap suggestions.
    AlexanderM can you please explain me what did you mean by "large KVM VPS"
    thanks

If you want atom you can see http://firstheberg.com/serveur-dedie-intel-atom

Note that that won't run KVM. You can only use OpenVZ in it.

If you just want to use OpenVZ then you can just get a KVM and play with it.

• volumedrive is having a sale.. just ask them if they will give you a virtual capable CPU, I believe the stock x2 4200+ that is advertised has AMD-v.. just ask to make sure.

AMD AthlonII X2 (2 cores) Blowout:

» AMD AthlonII X2 (2 cores)
    » 4 GB DDR3 1333 Memory
    » 250 GB SATA Hard Drive
    » 100 Mbps Unmetered Bandwidth (upgradable to 1 Gbps)
    » 2 IP Addresses
    » Dedicated KVM on demand
    » SSD storage available

Per Month: $19.95
    Setup Fee: $0

Order Link: volumedrive.com/vdrive/?a=dedicated

edited October 2013

@serverian i've seen some bad reviews about firstheberg here in lowendtalk, and i sent them an email about an offer they have.
    and was surprised: untill now they didn't reply

• @earl said:

thanks @earl but thay accept just paypal plus they have many problems last 2 months

• you can go with vmware.. corgitech is pretty good maybe you can buy two and ask them to combine it still only $14/mo, not sure if they take credit card thought.

http://lowendbox.com/blog/corgi-tech-50-off-promotion-back-after-a-year-8-locations-worldwide/

edited October 2013

@earl i think they have just vpses, a need i cheap dedicated server to learn virtualization

• The point they are making is that a VMWare VPS is almost the same as a dedicated server and you can use it to learn virtualization.
    A KVM VPS can also run OpenVZ inside it, so it could also be a good learning tool.

Thanked by 1earl
  • you can also install proxmox in vmware, if you want to play with that..

• What type of virtualization and what do you consider "cheap"?

• @Microlinux i will try with openvz, xen. Amount between 15$ and 20$

• @rds100 thanks for the good information. @earl can you please suggest me some providers?
    Thanks in advance

• you can get a vmware from somewhere for your desktop and do everything you can do with a dedicated server almost.

• earlearl Member
    edited October 2013

@Abdessamad said:
    earl can you please suggest me some providers?
    Thanks in advance

Well getting a dedi with a VT capable CPU for $20/mo you've probably found the only 2 company that offers it..

if you want just openvz you can try online.net it's french but they have something similar to an atom server for 9.99 euro/mo. or get one from wholesaleinternet.net they have P4 for $20/mo but think it's currently sold out..

you can also install virtualbox on your computer, then you would not have to pay anything, if it's just for learning that is.

• BrianHarrisonBrianHarrison Member, Patron Provider
    edited October 2013

We have a bunch of new inventory arriving later this week and we're gearing up for some clearance offers on some of our existing equipment.

We can offer you a dedicated server for $39 per month with a quad-core Intel Xeon L5420, 8GB memory, 500GB disk, IPMI (remote reboot, remote OS reload, etc) with 5TB bandwidth on a 100mbit port.

If you're a newbie and you want to experiment, IPMI is going to come in very handy for you.

Very limited quantity with that pricing, so get in touch soon if you're interested.

• @earl said:
    volumedrive is having a sale.. just ask them if they will give you a virtual capable CPU, I believe the stock x2 4200+ that is advertised has AMD-v.. just ask to make sure.

AMD AthlonII X2 (2 cores) Blowout:

» AMD AthlonII X2 (2 cores)
    » 4 GB DDR3 1333 Memory
    » 250 GB SATA Hard Drive
    » 100 Mbps Unmetered Bandwidth (upgradable to 1 Gbps)
    » 2 IP Addresses
    » Dedicated KVM on demand
    » SSD storage available

Order Link: volumedrive.com/vdrive/?a=dedicated

Just grabbed one of these. Quick question, do they give you a portal to log into after payment or do they just email you the server connection details? Bit worried they might have just made off with my money :O

• Thanks @Jack!

• @CastleServers said:
    Just grabbed one of these. Quick question, do they give you a portal to log into after payment or do they just email you the server connection details? Bit worried they might have just made off with my money :O

Orders take 24 - 48 hours to process. You'll receive direct root access to your server and access for billing information in our client portal. If you open a support ticket ([email protected]) we can look into expediting this for you.

• @CastleServers said:
    Thanks Jack!

Feel free to reach out to [email protected] anytime as well with any questions or concerns.

• @Abdessamad said: but thay accept just paypal plus they have many problems last 2 months

We accept CC as well. Only issues were related to our migration and have been issue/problem free since. If you have any questions or could help you in anyway, feel free to reach out to us.

• @volumedrive said:

We accept CC as well.

http://volumedrive.com/vdrive/?a=Tiy0Qqy8
    i can see just paypal

• 0xdragon0xdragon Member
    edited October 2013

@Abdessamad said:

Could be CC via. PayPal.

• @CastleServers said:

I think the client portal is still a work in progress not really much you can do there except for putting in support tickets which you don't really need the portal to do, like Jack mentioned when your server is ready they will email you the info..

I purchased two of the blowout servers and I've already received them both, and there is a few other members on here that purchased the sale and received their server just fine, so I wouldn't worry too much..

• @earl said:
    I purchased two of the blowout servers and I've already received them both, and there is a few other members on here that purchased the sale and received their server just fine, so I wouldn't worry too much..

Do the servers have AMD-v?

• earlearl Member
    edited October 2013

@CastleServers said:
    Do the servers have AMD-v?

The one I got yes.. but ask Josh just to be sure you get a CPU that's virtual capable