Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

installserveros.com
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

installserveros.com

Has anyone tried installing OS via http://installserveros.com/ ?

Thanked by 1agentmishra

Comments

• agentmishraagentmishra Member, Host Rep

seems promissing, only worry is they should not create troubles with your password.

i did a reinstall just yesterday, will surely try in future

@ultimatehostings said:
    Did it work?

i mentioned, i did a reinstall just yesterday, will surely try in future

explainaiton : i didnot install via this link, will try this install in future and will update you.

• Sure, keep posted.

@ultimatehostings said:
    Sure, keep posted.

will do that :)

• We will find out here shortly, I'm testing it on a spare VPS that I have.

• I'm testing it now. :)

• Uh hum... Seems like a no go.. The website just timed out.

• @skybucks100 said:

Maybe does not work with a VPS I guess, needs to have a active system in rescue mode.

• Stole your password hahaha, one has to be pretty gullible to enter any details into that site..

Thanked by 1Mark_R
  • @ATHK said:
    Stole your password hahaha, one has to be pretty gullible to enter any details into that site..

VPS that has no use and don't plan on keeping? Having the password set to "password"? They sure stole that VPS from me!

• Why yes i will give SSH access to some random website on the internet that surely will not cause my VPS to be a spam relay or a source for DDoS attacks

Thanked by 1Mark_R
  • BrianHarrisonBrianHarrison Member, Patron Provider

"Please note, this system is in beta and may not always work correctly."

Haha! Probably not going to trust this service with any OS reloads...

I have no idea how this service would work... far too many variants between different servers.

I have a feeling that if something like this were possible, a large company like Cisco would have already deployed a solution. There would be big money in being able to re-provision servers remotely via SSH alone.

• cool idea

• Yeah, that is a neat idea.

Although no way in hell I would trust this.

• I guess this only works with KVM servers?

• GunterGunter Member
    edited October 2013

Do you know what would be cool to see?

Let's enter in the details of a Kippo honeypot, and log every single action taken within the honeypot. As simple as spinning up a 3 day DigitalOcean and sitting back.

we can see what they really do.

• c0yc0y Member

Looks like shameless self advertising and the OP owning the site...

• is this how the guy from Silk Road web site got caught ... trying to reinstall his OS? JOKE

• @skybucks100 said:
    VPS that has no use and don't plan on keeping? Having the password set to "password"? They sure stole that VPS from me!

Yep either way your a completely smart aren't you!

Next time at least way up the consciences first...

• BlazeMuisBlazeMuis Member
    edited October 2013

This is all it does:

[kippo.core.honeypot.HoneyPotSSHFactory] New connection: 209.239.114.79:50257 (xx.xxx.xx.xx:22)

[HoneyPotTransport,2,209.239.114.79] connection lost

After that i get to see a page saying the following: Login Failed!
    Please verify that the server is reachable in recovery mode and that the root password you've defined is correct.

Thanked by 1perennate
  • @Frost said:
    Looks like shameless self advertising and the OP owning the site...

I don't own that site nor I'm shamelessly advertising it. I just found it.

• @ATHK said:

Sorry? It was a VPS that I hadn't been using, with no files on it (just bare CentOS), the password was "password", and I had no intentions on keeping it.. What are the consciences exactly?

• @doughnet said:
    is this how the guy from Silk Road web site got caught ... trying to reinstall his OS? JOKE

I don't understand this joke.

• @awson said:

I think the joke is the owner of the silk road entered his info into the website, and the government got his info therefor busting him.

• @awson said:

IDK I just told you about silk road.

• aye was a dumb joke, my bad ... referencing putting information public.

• @BrianHarrison said:
    "Please note, this system is in beta and may not always work correctly."

Haha! Probably not going to trust this service with any OS reloads...

I have no idea how this service would work... far too many variants between different servers.

I have a feeling that if something like this were possible, a large company like Cisco would have already deployed a solution. There would be big money in being able to re-provision servers remotely via SSH alone.

Noc-Pc pretty much does it.