Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Luna Node - Chicago KVM, 13 IPv4 (/28) / 512 MB for $7.00/mo, PGP-encrypted email
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Luna Node - Chicago KVM, 13 IPv4 (/28) / 512 MB for $7.00/mo, PGP-encrypted email

perennateperennate Member, Host Rep
edited October 2013 in Offers

Luna Node

Luna Node provides high quality unmanaged VPS hosting at an affordable price. We exclusively use KVM on all plans for the greater control that it gives users. At the moment we're offering various plans in Chicago with 512 MB to 8192 MB memory. We take payments through PayPal (either through PayPal account or credit card) and Bitcoin.

Budget plans come with RAID10 HDD storage and 5 IPv4 addresses (or, get 13 IPv4 addresses for $3.00/mo over standard prices; note that justification is required). SSD KVM plans come with a single IPv4 address and SSD storage. SSD KVM is backed up weekly.

On Budget VPS, we offer a custom VM control panel that features the typical management options (although we're currently still using SolusVM for our SSD KVM plans). Servers are provisioned out of SingleHop's Chicago datacenter.

All plans come with a free single-domain/wildcard AlphaSSL certificate (additional certificates are $2/yr). cPanel VM licenses are available at $10/mo.

Order budget VPS or SSD KVM now! Or contact us for questions. Upload your PGP public key to our PGP web interface to receive encrypted mail from us.

SSD KVM 1024 MB

Memory: 1024 MB

SSD storage: 6 GB

Bandwidth: 2000 GB @ 1gbps

IPv4 addresses: 1

Virtual cores: 1

Price: $7.00 first quarter (three months), $20.00 per quarter thereafter

Order link.

Budget VPS 512 MB

Memory: 512 MB

Storage: 15 GB

Bandwidth: 1000 GB

IPv4 addresses: 5 (upgrade to 13 for an additional $3.00/mo with justification)

Virtual cores: 1

Price: $3.99 monthly

Order link.

Budget VPS 1024 MB

Memory: 1024 MB

Storage: 30 GB

Bandwidth: 1500 GB

IPv4 addresses: 5 (upgrade to 13 for an additional $3.00/mo with justification)

Virtual cores: 2

Price: $6.99 monthly

Order link.

Test IP: 96.127.140.146

Test download: http://96.127.140.146/100MB.bin

Thanked by 1jake

Comments

• perennateperennate Member, Host Rep

For more details on how to get PGP-encryption to work, see http://lifehacker.com/180878/how-to-encrypt-your-email

Once you have your PGP public key, you can upload it to https://lunanode.com/gpgmw/ and within a few minutes all emails sent from our mail server will be encrypted with the uploaded key.

Thanked by 1jake
  • @perennate said:
    contact [email protected] for questions. Upload your PGP public key to our PGP web interface >to receive encrypted mail from us.

encrypted sales emails meh.

Thanked by 2perennate jake
  • Why are you just throwing around IP adresses?

edited October 2013

@joodle said:
    Why are you just throwing around IP adresses?

SSD KVM plans come with a single IPv4 address. Budget VPS comes with 5 IPv4 addresses by default but you can upgrade to a \28. Since Budget VPS is provisioned with a special system that uses block for each VPS, it would be a waste of three IP addresses if we provisioned with \30.

Thanked by 1jake
    edited October 2013

@Ruchirablog said:
    encrypted sales emails meh.

You can contact us by opening a ticket on the website, which uses SSL.

Edit: updated so that OP points to the ticket page.

Thanked by 1jake
  • rm_rm_ IPv6 Advocate, Veteran

SSD KVM plans come with a single IPv4 address. Budget VPS comes with 5 IPv4 addresses by default but you can upgrade to a \28. Since Budget VPS is provisioned with a special system that uses block for each VPS, it would be a waste of three IP addresses if we provisioned with \30.

It's not \28 or \30, it's /28 or /30.

edited October 2013

@rm_ said:
    It's not \28 or \30, it's /28 or /30.

Ah. Thanks.

Thanked by 1jake
  • rm_rm_ IPv6 Advocate, Veteran
    edited October 2013

As for the offer itself, I wonder actually why is this not more popular (looking at the previous post, it haven't had any comments from non-employees). 13 IPs for $7 looks like a crazy deal. Also with the wildcard cert included, as I said on LET IRC earlier, "and on top of all those goodies you also get a VPS". :)

The PGP E-Mail integration feature is also amazing, kudos for that.

edited October 2013

We're working on FTP backup space for SSD KVM as well.

Thanked by 1jake
  • What a great offer!

Thanked by 1perennate
  • hello. possible to upload debian 6? i only see deb 7

Thanked by 2jake perennate
  • So... do you sell wildcard SSL certificates? If so, how much?

Thanked by 1perennate

@black said:
    So... do you sell wildcard SSL certificates? If so, how much?

We sell wildcard SSL certificates for $2/yr if you purchase a VPS (after the first free one). We do not sell SSL certificates without a VPS purchase at this time.

@cosmicgate said:
    hello. possible to upload debian 6? i only see deb 7

This is possible. Please open a ticket.

• @perennate said:
    We sell wildcard SSL certificates for $2/yr if you purchase a VPS (after the first free one). We do not sell SSL certificates without a VPS purchase at this time.

Let me know when / if you do.

Thanked by 1perennate
  • cosmicgatecosmicgate Member
    edited October 2013

@perrenate: why is it when i try to order the budget vps it shows different pricing than advertised here?

edit: nvm. the price is auto-adjusted after checkout

Thanked by 1perennate
  • root@chicago:~# wget freevps.us/downloads/bench.sh -O - -o /dev/null|bash CPU model : QEMU Virtual CPU version 0.14.1 Number of cores : 1 CPU frequency : 2000.068 MHz Total amount of ram : 490 MB Total amount of swap : 4095 MB System uptime : 2 min, Download speed from CacheFly: 11.2MB/s Download speed from Coloat, Atlanta GA: 11.0MB/s Download speed from Softlayer, Dallas, TX: 7.28MB/s Download speed from Linode, Tokyo, JP: 1.39MB/s Download speed from i3d.net, NL: 1.99MB/s Download speed from Leaseweb, Haarlem, NL: 1.62MB/s Download speed from Softlayer, Singapore: 903KB/s Download speed from Softlayer, Seattle, WA: 4.28MB/s Download speed from Softlayer, San Jose, CA: 3.47MB/s Download speed from Softlayer, Washington, DC: 8.32MB/s I/O speed : 153 MB/s

Thanked by 1perennate
  • I got one and seems to be good.

Thanked by 1perennate
  • hbjlee17hbjlee17 Member, Host Rep

@perennate said:
    We're working on FTP backup space for SSD KVM as well.

This is incorrect. SSDKVM already comes with automatic weekly backup.
    we are working on FTP backup for our budgetKVM packages.

@hbjlee17 said:

I mean direct access FTP backup, not automatic FTP backup.

• I am interested in the SSD KVM, but if for any reason I had to cancel, would I lose my wildcard certs?

edited October 2013

@revnja said:
    I am interested in the SSD KVM, but if for any reason I had to cancel, would I lose my wildcard certs?

You would not get a free refund if you received wildcard certificates. The certificates would not be revoked; you can purchase a VPS for a month and get a yearly certificate with the VPS.

• Okay, I was just curious. I do have a need for the VPS, but the certificate offer is really tempting as well. Would not expect a partial refund on services not used. Thanks for the response!

• Update: I signed up for their 1G budget KVM VPS. Provisioning was very fast, and so far the server is pretty damn fast, I am really impressed. I also very much like their management system built into WHMCS.

Thanked by 1hbjlee17