Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Anonymous VPS in EU (Sweden, NL, UK etc)
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Anonymous VPS in EU (Sweden, NL, UK etc)

Hi

Looking for a VPS/dedicated provider in EU providing me with anonymity.

Won't be running illegal service but still, the police wont be able to trace me (no logs or anything!)

Comments

• No, just No! This isn't hackforums! Hosts here will want you to sign-up with valid credentials so that their TOS can be enforced. If you are doing legal things, there should be no need to hide your identity from the host anyways.

Cheers!

• So, requesting anonymity is a underground thing nowadays? ohlol.. I will signup with my REAL details and such, I just want the provider to keep them safe from outsiders.

• So what exactly are you trying to do that requires you stay completely anon? Another wiki leaks? Cause if that is the case, you are in the wrong forum. If not, you are still in the wrong forum.

• I just don't like my personal information to be exploited. I guess that's rare in this industry. If I would do something fishy I have better solutions then a VPS..

• You won't find that in the EU (legally) as we have the rule of law here. At the latest from receiving a court order the provider has to provide some data if he itself won't get into trouble.

• @ska said:
    You won't find that in the EU (legally) as we have the rule of law here. At the latest from receiving a court order the provider has to provide some data if he itself won't get into trouble.

that's not correct sir..

• skaska Member
    edited September 2013

@kortproxy said:
    that's not correct sir..

Show me a case where a provider in the EU is legally allowed to withstand a court order without risking his own position.

• It is, because if you don't they just tap you in the ground, confiscate your servers, watch and account your cashflow and so on...

Not a great idea to pull off, this works nowhere really anymore - not even in Costa Rica and Malaysia.

Your data is very safe with EU providers, use a unique email to track it and you will see any leaks - Leaks are rare and customer data being given out without a legit court order with solid reasons is even more rare.

• Z0MB13Z0MB13 Member
    edited October 2013

Sent you a message.

• MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran
    edited October 2013

It is not legal to host anonymous VPS, the provider (at least in Italy) must at least provide the payment data to the authorities if presented with a court order. In US that is not necessary, many people can pose as NSA and bully providers into giving them the data and the real NSA has already access to their email account so can login in their hosting account even without asking the provider.
    So far, in EU things are more complicated, a warrant is required and there are ways to hold accountable the ones that misuse it. You can be reasonably sure, with serious providers, that your data is not only safe, but that they might try to fight illegal data mining. If you are using a free US email, all bets are off, NSA can read that and retrieve your password at any time.

• @Maounique said:
    the real NSA has already access to their email account so can login in their hosting account even without asking the provider.

That requires some skill and common sense. You are giving them way too much credit. :-)

If you are using a free US email, all bets are off, NSA can read that and retrieve your password at any time.

This is where 2-Factor Authentication becomes somewhat (not bulletproof) important. More providers should implement this.

• MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran

Wouldnt be better that you avoid free mail services or even paid mail services in US and host your own ? A leb is really cheap these days...

• jimpopjimpop Member
    edited October 2013

@Maounique said:
    Wouldnt be better that you avoid free mail services or even paid mail services in US and host your own ? A leb is really cheap these days...

Pfft. I already host email, that's how I know I'd rather not host my own. :-)

It's one thing to throw up a roundcube box, it's a whole other thing to have reliable and redundant email and scheduling always available on multiple devices.

Edit: Gmail says I have collected 7.27GB of data, plus an additional 3.03 GB of documents, and another .75 GB of photos. I challenge anyone in the NSA to dig through all that and not get bored.

-Jim P.

• @William said:

Not a great idea to pull off, this works nowhere really anymore - not even in Costa Rica and Malaysia.

Maybe Northern Cyprus...no data retention law and the only country that recognizes it as a country or recognizes its laws/court system is Turkey so the odds of the US government/police or any EU country's government/police getting a court order from a Northern Cyprus court to reveal your identity is nil. If you can find someone to host your VPS on their desktop PC in their home you just might be able to remain anonymous (unless you violate a Northern Cyprus law or the Turkish police get a court order in which case you're screwed) :P