Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2021 Black Friday / Cyber Monday Official Megathread + Flash Deals ⚡ - Page 96
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

2021 Black Friday / Cyber Monday Official Megathread + Flash Deals ⚡

Comments

• MS said:
    Now, people are finding faults in forum usernames.

It’s pretty insane to think that a username I chose whilst slightly drunk about 10 years ago has caused someone so much upset years later.

• JabJabJabJab Member
    edited November 2021

@ferefient said: New idea for next year's BF: let users compile a list and get it put into a DB. Providers get read-only access to the DB, and can send off offers if they meet their requirements, etc. This would stop most of the botting.

New idea for this year: You start your own forum, with your own rules and spam.
    kthxbye >:D

• @Nekki said:

So you’re not fun to have at parties because of the turd you stepped on after you left the party?

I'd say both. Disappointing party makes you feel stupid joining it in the first place while the sticky dog turd makes you more annoyed.

• AlexBarakovAlexBarakov Patron Provider, Veteran

AlphaVPS Flash Sale !!!

€18.74/y - 15 available - 2GB Intel KVM in EU
    https://alphavps.com/clients/cart.php?a=add&pid=389&promocode=IN8UQ21IIQA

NOTE: Click 'Continue' to view discounted price! If price shows up higher OR it says coupon is no longer valid - this means you've missed it and someone else already used up all the codes!

Write "Double my BW" in order notes for double bandwidth! Applies to this flash sale ONLY.

• @foitin said:

@Nekki said:

So you’re not fun to have at parties because of the turd you stepped on after you left the party?

I'd say both. Disappointing party makes you feel stupid joining it in the first place while the sticky dog turd makes you more annoyed.

Easily solved by a) not going to parties at all and b) wearing carrier bags on your feet at all times, so should you step on the turd, you simply remove the bags, dispose of them, and continue on with your day.

• @AlexBarakov said:

AlphaVPS Flash Sale !!!

NOTE: Click 'Continue' to view discounted price! If price shows up higher OR it says coupon is no longer valid - this means you've missed it and someone else already used up all the codes!

Write "Double my BW" in order notes for double bandwidth! Applies to this flash sale ONLY.

HOW IS THIS DEAL STILL
    AVAILABLE?

• @PulsedMedia said:

@JabJab said:

@PulsedMedia said: but got to give them that 30minutes time at least.

GET YOUR F5 READY, THERE WILL BE TWO MORE.

What is the transfer policy? Can I buy it and then resell to someone else, I never had that many Linux ISOs in my life? /s

Yea you can transfer it, just open a ticket with their client id # OR email to whom to transfer it.

@Nekki said:

I see the fucking scum ruined the PulseMedia offer….

5 went to actual buyers at the time. From this round 3. So not completely, partially.

Almost all of which were from China. Either fake western name, china address, or vice-versa. Did not bother to check IP location.

So 2 more once again! Just cancelled+banned those 2 unpaid, again chinese.

So head over to get it: https://pulsedmedia.com/clients/cart.php?a=add&pid=231&billingcycle=quarterly&promocode=2021bf-FAT32-SuperSpecialV1000-8TBRecurring

Recap:

• 8TB RAID-0 Storage
    • 8GB RAM
    • Unmetered* @ 1Gbps
    • Seedbox with rTorrent & Deluge, rclone, fuse, syncthing etc etc.

I'm sure you also have some real Chinese or China based customers. The fact is that there are too many internet users in China. Some are good and some maybe hard to deal with. Anyway, it maybe not be a bad idea to add a special term into the order page, for example, for flash sale only, refund can be made to account credit only.

• Dirt cheap dedi still wanted, OVH KS-LE level, providers be brave, you can go lower! ;)

• @pan21 said:

@PulsedMedia said:

@JabJab said:

What is the transfer policy? Can I buy it and then resell to someone else, I never had that many Linux ISOs in my life? /s

Yea you can transfer it, just open a ticket with their client id # OR email to whom to transfer it.

@Nekki said:

5 went to actual buyers at the time. From this round 3. So not completely, partially.

Almost all of which were from China. Either fake western name, china address, or vice-versa. Did not bother to check IP location.

So head over to get it: https://pulsedmedia.com/clients/cart.php?a=add&pid=231&billingcycle=quarterly&promocode=2021bf-FAT32-SuperSpecialV1000-8TBRecurring

Recap:

• 8TB RAID-0 Storage
    • 8GB RAM
    • Unmetered* @ 1Gbps

I'm sure you also have some real Chinese or China based customers. The fact is that there are too many internet users in China. Some are good and some maybe hard to deal with. Anyway, it maybe not be a bad idea to add a special term into the order page, for example, for flash sale only, refund can be made to account credit only.

Why should providers have to make allowances to stop people behaving like absolute cunts? Can’t people just not be cunts?

• @Nekki said:

@AlexBarakov said:

AlphaVPS Flash Sale !!!

HOW IS THIS DEAL STILL
    AVAILABLE?

Intel.

• HayashimaHayashima Member
    edited November 2021

@PulsedMedia said:

@Hayashima said:
    Their website is really good, no lags this time. Responsive and fast.

Thanks. We've made an effort to optimize things as there is a tendency for DOS every time we launch something. About every single time. Funny enough, we are planning to roughly double, maybe a bit more the processing power behind during next maintenance cycle.

Hi, so after taking your deal from yesterday, I went to sleep. But now I just got an email says I got banned and order cancelled. I paid the invoice with bank account linked with PayPal, then I opened a ticket to ask if I can get the seedbox activated first because I know it will take some time for PayPal to complete the ACH.

I mean, if you don't want to activate the seedbox first, you can just tell me and then I will wait for the payment get through. Why did you bann me, cancell the order and thinking I was frauding? I don't see what I did wrong here.

• @raynor said:
    Dirt cheap dedi still wanted, OVH KS-LE level, providers be brave, you can go lower! ;)

KS-Legend was the dedi deal of BF/CM. If anyone beats that it will be so low stocked you ain’t getting one I’m afraid.

• @Nekki said:

@pan21 said:

@PulsedMedia said:

@JabJab said:

@Nekki said:

Recap:

• 8TB RAID-0 Storage
    • 8GB RAM
    • Unmetered* @ 1Gbps

Why should providers have to make allowances to stop people behaving like absolute cunts? Can’t people just not be cunts?

You never know who is behind the other end of internet.
    It's fair to add a few lines such as flash sale are only for serious customers, refund can only be made to account credit only

• @pan21 said:

@Nekki said:

@pan21 said:

@PulsedMedia said:

@JabJab said:

@Nekki said:

Recap:

• 8TB RAID-0 Storage
    • 8GB RAM
    • Unmetered* @ 1Gbps

You never know who is behind the other end of internet.
    It's fair to add a few lines such as flash sale are only for serious customers, refund can only be made to account credit only

What’s odd is this used to be extremely rare on BF - I’ve been around for a bunch of these and this is the first time I remember it being such a problem. Probably just entitled fucking millennial scum.

• raynorraynor Member
    edited November 2021

@Nekki said: KS-Legend was the dedi deal of BF/CM. If anyone beats that it will be so low stocked you ain’t getting one I’m afraid.

I can miss it, but it will be legendary memory for all of us, love ;)

• qingxiqingxi Member
    edited November 2021

:D

• @raynor said:

@Nekki said: KS-Legend was the dedi deal of BF/CM. If anyone beats that it will be so low stocked you ain’t getting one I’m afraid.

I can miss it, but it will be legendary memory for all of us, love ;)

The one that everyone has will be the talk of legend, no-one remembers the super cheap dedi that only 2 people got.

Thanked by 2raynor PulsedMedia
  • @qingxi said:
    Maybe people just afraid to get the flash plan they want?
    So they have to do this, of course, this will bring confusion to the providers. However, please understand.

Entitled bullshit.

• What’s odd is this used to be extremely rare on BF - I’ve been around for a bunch of these and this is the first time I remember it being such a problem. Probably just entitled fucking millennial scum.

Back to old days, people are more honest and simple. Unfortunately we can't do time travel

Thanked by 1Nekki
  • @Nekki said:

Easily solved by a) not going to parties at all

Well. That's exactly what I was saying.

b) wearing carrier bags on your feet at all times, so should you step on the turd, you simply remove the bags, dispose of them, and continue on with your day.

Probably what I'll learning to do in the future.
    Easy said than done though, just like there's no trash can on the street where I'm from.

• FAT32FAT32 Administrator, Deal Compiler Extraordinaire

27/11 06:00

Myroot.pw: €40+/m 32GB w/ 1TB SSD Xeon Dedicated Server in US/Austria

Specifications

MR11

• Xeon E-2124 (4c,4t)
    • 32GB ECC RAM
    • 2 x 500 GB SSD
    • 15TB Traffic on 250Mbit/s Port (1 x IPV4)
    • IPMI/HTML5 Console Available
    • Promo code: BF2021Servers
    • €40/m (Usual €50/m)

MR9

• Xeon E3-1230v3 (4c,8t)
    • 32GB ECC RAM
    • 2 x 1TB HDD (CMR)
    • 10TB Traffic on 100Mbit/s Port (1 x IPV4)
    • IPMI/HTML5 Console Available
    • €48/m (Usual €60/m)

MR1

• C3558 (4c,4t)
    • 32GB ECC RAM
    • 2 x 4TB HDD (CMR) + 1 x 120GB NVME
    • 10TB Traffic on 100Mbit/s Port (1 x IPV4)
    • €44/m (Usual €55/m)

@SGraf

• PulsedMediaPulsedMedia Member, Patron Provider
    edited November 2021

@pan21 said:

@PulsedMedia said:

@JabJab said:

@Nekki said:

Recap:

• 8TB RAID-0 Storage
    • 8GB RAM
    • Unmetered* @ 1Gbps

Special terms always cause a shit storm later on. People will simply ignore them.

Yes we have real users from China too, suprisingly few tho, probably due to us being blocked by the Great Chinese Firewall.

@Nekki said: Why should providers have to make allowances to stop people behaving like absolute cunts? Can’t people just not be cunts?

That'd be something! :) There are always people who will abuse anything. If that stops, perhaps world peace is achieved then too? :)

@Hayashima said:

@PulsedMedia said:

@Hayashima said:

Thanks. We've made an effort to optimize things as there is a tendency for DOS every time we launch something. About every single time. Funny enough, we are planning to roughly double, maybe a bit more the processing power behind during next maintenance cycle.

Hi, so after taking your deal from yesterday, I went to sleep. But now I just got an email says I got banned and order cancelled. I paid the invoice with bank account linked with PayPal, then I opened a ticket to ask if I can get the seedbox activated first because I know it will take some time for PayPal to complete the ACH.

I mean, if you don't want to activate the seedbox first, you can just tell me and then I will wait for the payment get through. Why did you bann me, cancell the order and thinking I was frauding? I don't see what I did wrong here.

You yourself just mentioned many of the red flags you triggered. There was others too.

I also told you that once payment is processed and received, reply to that ticket. But asking for service to be activated before payment you almost even missed that. Most scammers don't bother opening a ticket and then submitting a transaction ID, it would be a new con we've not seen yet.

As a rule of thumb; NEVER deliver a service without upfront payment.

So just update the ticket once payment has been processed, we'd be happy to reverse course and come to conclusion that for once we've had false positive on fraud identification.

• @foitin said:

b) wearing carrier bags on your feet at all times, so should you step on the turd, you simply remove the bags, dispose of them, and continue on with your day.

Probably what I'll learning to do in the future.
    Easy said than done though, just like there's no trash can on the street where I'm from.

Maybe just bring a lighter and set fire to the bag and let it and the poop burn away? Or, for added fun, you can set the bag on fire, put the bag on someone’s doorstep, ring the doorbell, then run away. Then the occupant will stamp out the fire, inadvertently covering their on shoes in shit.

Thanked by 1scorcher9
  • @FAT32 said: 20Q2QGJN0F

@PulsedMedia said:

@pan21 said:

@PulsedMedia said:

@JabJab said:

@Nekki said:

Recap:

• 8TB RAID-0 Storage
    • 8GB RAM
    • Unmetered* @ 1Gbps

Special terms always cause a shit storm later on. People will simply ignore them.

Yes we have real users from China too, suprisingly few tho, probably due to us being blocked by the Great Chinese Firewall.

@Nekki said: Why should providers have to make allowances to stop people behaving like absolute cunts? Can’t people just not be cunts?

That'd be something! :) There are always people who will abuse anything. If that stops, perhaps world peace is achieved then too? :)

@Hayashima said:

@PulsedMedia said:

@Hayashima said:

You yourself just mentioned many of the red flags you triggered. There was others too.

I also told you that once payment is processed and received, reply to that ticket. But asking for service to be activated before payment you almost even missed that. Most scammers don't bother opening a ticket and then submitting a transaction ID, it would be a new con we've not seen yet.

As a rule of thumb; NEVER deliver a service without upfront payment.

So just update the ticket once payment has been processed, we'd be happy to reverse course and come to conclusion that for once we've had false positive on fraud identification.

so they want to re-sell this product for a higher price? anyways that's a decent offer

• Disclaimer: I'm chinese and these reserve-and-resell things are pretty common here
  • naranjatechnaranjatech Member, Patron Provider

FLASH SALE - 6GB NVMe VPS - 45 €/year recurring

• 6 GB RAM
    • 3 CPU Cores (AMD EPYC 7452)
    • 90 GB NVMe
    • 15 TB Traffic
    • 1 Gbps port speed
    • 1 IPv4
    • /64 IPv6
    • KVM
    • Dronten - The Netherlands

45 €/year (+vat if applicable)

Coupon Code: 1IYRSF6Y1Z

Quantity: 10 (First to pay will get the VPS)

ORDER HERE

• @ferefient said:
    New idea for next year's BF: let users compile a list and get it put into a DB. Providers get read-only access to the DB, and can send off offers if they meet their requirements, etc. This would stop most of the botting.

That's a good idea; I wanted to get a 8GB RAM VPS with 4 decent vCPUs and a 200GB SSD or NVMe, with a 90USD budget, but couldn't see anything decent coming up yesterday and today.

• @makertroots said:

@ferefient said:
    New idea for next year's BF: let users compile a list and get it put into a DB. Providers get read-only access to the DB, and can send off offers if they meet their requirements, etc. This would stop most of the botting.

That's a good idea; I wanted to get a 8GB RAM VPS with 4 decent vCPUs and a 200GB SSD or NVMe, with a 90USD budget, but couldn't see anything decent coming up yesterday and today.

We tried something like that a couple of years ago. Most providers weren’t really interested.

• @naranjatech said:

• 6 GB RAM
    • 90 GB NVMe
    • 15 TB Traffic
    • 1 Gbps port speed
    • 1 IPv4
    • /64 IPv6
    • KVM

ORDER HERE

€45 is the discount for me, not the actual price/year

• @naranjatech said:

• 6 GB RAM
    • 90 GB NVMe
    • 15 TB Traffic
    • 1 Gbps port speed
    • 1 IPv4
    • /64 IPv6
    • KVM

ORDER HERE

Consider buying one for 30 €/y

• Too much so much Euro stuff where are the obtainable US and APAC deals at??

Thanked by 1pullangcubo
This discussion has been closed.