Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2021 Black Friday / Cyber Monday Official Megathread + Flash Deals ⚡ - Page 81
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

2021 Black Friday / Cyber Monday Official Megathread + Flash Deals ⚡

Comments

• @DeadlyChemist said:

@FAT32 said: Hostodo: $14.99/yr 1GB KVM VPS in Washington, Spokane

i bet as soon as ill go do something else there will be stuff i actually want xD 🙄

Then go, let us have it, why are you being so selfish? :smiley:

• just curious, does FAT32 ever sleep today?> @FAT32 said:

@pan21 said:
    just curious, did FAT32 ever sleep today? or will he?

I am really planning to have a nice sleep... just taking short nap here and there and average out only 1-2 hours a day.

My daily life is a mess this past few days as well, thanks for asking :)

take care, you deserve a nice and warm rest, thanks bro

• @pan21 said:
    just curious, does FAT32 ever sleep today?> @FAT32 said:

@pan21 said:

I am really planning to have a nice sleep... just taking short nap here and there and average out only 1-2 hours a day.

yeah gimme the deals i'll take care of them :joy:

Thanked by 1suyadi92
  • defaultdefault Veteran
    edited November 2021

@pan21 said:
    just curious, does FAT32 ever sleep today?> @FAT32 said:

@pan21 said:

Computer is in bot mode. Everything is done automatically. Right now he makes passionate love with 3 beautiful women as we enjoy Black Friday. Everything is perfect.

Thanked by 1PulsedMedia
  • @default said: Then go, let us have it, why are you being so selfish?

cuz i got not a single flash one xD

Thanked by 1Nekki
  • @DeadlyChemist said:

@FAT32 said: Hostodo: $14.99/yr 1GB KVM VPS in Washington, Spokane

i bet as soon as ill go do something else there will be stuff i actually want xD 🙄

you may also want to take a look at VirMach
    https://lowendtalk.com/discussion/175489/virmach-2021-black-friday-maybe-cyber-monday-spin-the-wheel-check-inside-for-offers/p1

Thanked by 1netomx
  • @DeadlyChemist said:

@default said: Then go, let us have it, why are you being so selfish?

cuz i got not a single flash one xD

OK, then join the club. We are all in this... together.

• @DeadlyChemist said:

@Hayashima said: I thought about buying a new laptop, but when I see the prices even after discounts. I realized how poor am I.

i make a list all year of stuff i want but not need NOW

then i check on BF/CB
    if it's even 2% off, ill buy it, worst case i just buy it week after or so

I think I will do that too.

• qinmmqinmm Member
    edited November 2021

According to incomplete statistics

Hazi.ro/Hostshield/IncogNET/Mikasa/PulsedMedia

Currently,Doesn't seem to show up yet

• @pbx said:

@Hayashima said: buying a new laptop

Get a second hand one? There are some at very good bang for the buck.

Nah, I always travel around with my laptop so if the laptop it doesn't has warranty... I don't think it is a good idea.

• tjntjn Member
    edited November 2021

@Daniel15 said:
    I have never heard of backups not being allowed to be incremental for any sort of compliance purposes. Is that actually a thing?

Unfortunately, yes. There is some data that cannot be deduped - namely databases, Filemaker systems, legacy EPOS/inventory software (but usually the data sets are smaller), etc...

Also, anything that requires a legal hold, tax/financial, medical, I don't dedup that... too complicated.

Also what about Borgbackup? It's not incremental; it just uses deduplication so each unique block is only stored once.

I love Borgbackup and use it where I can! However, even its "append-only-mode" isn't fully immutable. Which is becoming more and more of a requirement to deal with ransomware and quick DR recovery.

@MeAtExampleDotCom said:
    Depends on backup method and the data retention/purging requirements of any regulatory environment you might be in. Incremental backups in the form used by many database systems (full, diffs, logs) can drag out the length of time data is held because you can only easily purge further back than your last full (if a full is dropped the diffs/logs until the next full are useless).

This.

Though there might be bone-headed regulations or bone-headed interpretations of decent regulations (in DayJob we get audited by 3rd parties on behalf of clients, sometimes the clients and/or the auditors can be quite hard of understanding and while this hasn't been a big issue for us I have seen it be for others) that might still be problematical.

This too.

Thanked by 2Daniel15 yoursunny
  • @pan21 said: you may also want to take a look at VirMach

just looked
    i sadly need something (preferably windows) i can run desktop on
    already have many maany linux servers and webhosting...

won't be sad if i dont get it, too high expectations

• You guys should also check out itldc.com, they have 50% off with annual billing. You may know they are the upstream of many eastern Europe providers.

• pbxpbx Member
    edited November 2021

@DeadlyChemist said: i bet as soon as ill go do something else there will be stuff i actually want xD 🙄

Could be. But @hosthatch potentially have you covered, and they'll have stock for a few days: no need to rush to grab a deal, even though it might be a few $/y cheaper than what you can easily find with another provider.

@Hayashima said: if the laptop it doesn't has warranty... I don't think it is a good idea

If it's good quality / well built (like the stuff lenovo does for professionals, probably there are some good laptops from dell as well), warrantee isn't needed. Warrantee is good for crap. But you don't want to buy crap, be it new or used.

Get a good second hand quality laptop, put in a new ssd if needed and you're all set for several years... better - and more durable, safer, etc. - than a cheap new model.

• FAT32FAT32 Administrator, Deal Compiler Extraordinaire

26/11 18:15 - Surprise

SmallWeb: 69% any plans

63V3HOQDHP

Specifications

• 69% site-wide recurring discount (Shared, Reseller or Email Hosting)
    • Promo code: BlackFridaySW

Terms

Next up is a little offer from SmallWeb & NexusBytes, get yourself a 1GB VPS for 69.9% off for the first year. But can you find the discount code? It could be hidden on NexusBytes Website or SmallWebs. But which one? Or it could be hidden on LET.

You can use the code once and it's only available in the following locations NL/MEL/NYC. But be quick there are only 9 uses.

@Jord

Thanked by 4Jord equalz dosai Ganonk
  • jmgcaguiclajmgcaguicla Member
    edited November 2021

@FAT32 said:
    69%

Nice

Thanked by 1PulsedMedia
  • JordJord Moderator, Host Rep
    edited November 2021

But can anyone find the discount code for a prem NexusBytes VPS? ;) don't ruin it for anyone though, find it checkout.

Thanked by 2FAT32 diasporg
  • @tjn said:
    I love Borgbackup and use it where I can! However, even its "append-only-mode" isn't fully immutable. Which is becoming more and more of a requirement to deal with ransomware and quick DR recovery.

I've just started experimenting with borgbackup this week. I really don't understand the rationale for the non-immutable stuff. Well, actually from a technical perspective, I can because unless the data is pruned regularly, the client cache will just keep growing forever, and if anything happens to the local cache, the entire history needs to be re-downloaded. But from a user perspective, I think this could be improved a lot... Which is annoying as I've spent the last 2 days working out how I could do that... rather than actually getting on with the work I'm supposed to be doing!

• PulsedMediaPulsedMedia Member, Patron Provider

@FAT32 said: I am really planning to have a nice sleep... just taking short nap here and there and average out only 1-2 hours a day.

My daily life is a mess this past few days as well, thanks for asking

Ouch! Gonna be tough couple days ahead on you.
    If we'd be on the same continent i'd say beers on me.

Thanked by 1FAT32
  • Providers, more offers please! You can do it.

• JordJord Moderator, Host Rep

@default said:

Providers, more offers please! You can do it.

One was just posted, can you find the discount code though ;)

• HayashimaHayashima Member
    edited November 2021

@pbx said: If it's good quality / well built (like the stuff lenovo does for professionals, probably there are some good laptops from dell as well), warrantee isn't needed. Warrantee is good for crap. But you don't want to buy crap, be it new or used.

Get a good second hand quality laptop, put in a new ssd if needed and you're all set for several years... better - and more durable, safer, etc. - than a cheap new model.

You are right, but I need something that I can play games too. Everyone know gaming laptops are easy to break...

Thanked by 1pbx
  • I highly recommend SmallWeb email plans. They are from MXRoute, so with that 69% coupon makes it really something to grab.

• @MeAtExampleDotCom said:

@foitin said:
    Not gonna subject myself to this stupidly again. Totally a waste of time.

What else were you expecting with such a deal and only 3 available?

Well. At least being able to open it, instead of enjoying the error page for more than half an hour.
    It’s the second time so they should’ve expected it.

@Nekki said:

@foitin said:

Bye, fuck off.

Save it, twat. It’s a bit of fucking text.

Well. I just came up with three more suitable names as a farewell gift in traditional Japanese way for you weeb uchibenkei.
    Tanki, kyōki and byōki, instead of meaningless nekki which only dumb weebs think cool.
    Seriously. Consider changing it.

• @ralf said:
    I've just started experimenting with borgbackup this week. I really don't understand the rationale for the non-immutable stuff. Well, actually from a technical perspective, I can because unless the data is pruned regularly, the client cache will just keep growing forever, and if anything happens to the local cache, the entire history needs to be re-downloaded. But from a user perspective, I think this could be improved a lot... Which is annoying as I've spent the last 2 days working out how I could do that... rather than actually getting on with the work I'm supposed to be doing!

ZFS is the way. I love it.

• @foitin said:

@MeAtExampleDotCom said:

@foitin said:
    Not gonna subject myself to this stupidly again. Totally a waste of time.

What else were you expecting with such a deal and only 3 available?

Well. At least being able to open it, instead of enjoying the error page for more than half an hour.
    It’s the second time so they should’ve expected it.

@Nekki said:

@foitin said:

Bye, fuck off.

Save it, twat. It’s a bit of fucking text.

Well. I just came up with three more suitable names as a farewell gift in traditional Japanese way for you weeb uchibenkei.
    Tanki, kyōki and byōki, instead of meaningless nekki which only dumb weebs think cool.
    Seriously. Consider changing it.

Ok, fuck off now.

• @Hayashima said: You guys should also check out itldc.com

Interesting, but not recurring.

26/11 18:30

IncogNET: 50% site-wide VPS (VPS $10+/yr) in Netherlands

Specifications

• 50% off ANY VPS plan
    • Any payment methods are eligible for this discount
    • Quantity: 10
    • Promo code: BF2021x10

@MannDude

• This is a really good offer from Smallweb.

Email Hosting 5GB by MXRoute
    £0.31 per month, recurring
    Unlimited domains and all

It's just awesome.

Thanked by 3Jord PulsedMedia vyas11

If only @PulsedMedia can do 69% recurring as well :wink:

This discussion has been closed.