Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Subnetweb.com | Free VPS Review.
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Subnetweb.com | Free VPS Review.

After playing around with my free 1024MB RAM/2048MV Swap which i received free from subnetweb, here is a review for it :

First of all, let's start with the VPS spec :

CPU : Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E3-1270 V2 @ 3.50GHz | Cores : 4 - More than powerfull. Storage: 100GB - Great and more than enough for my needs, i don't think i'll go over 35GB. RAM: 1024MB - That's what i like from it, the more the coller. Swap: 2048MB - Will need that sometimes when i reach the full RAM. Bandwidth: Unlimied - First time to see it on a free VPS provider. CP: OpenVZ Web Panel. ( Will be moved to SolusVM soon, licenses are bought yesterday and they are planning to install them really soon. ) - Panel doesn't really matter for me, but everyone need it to boot and shutdown and restart the VPS. IPs: 1 IPv4 - Enough. Virtualization: OpenVZ - Easy. Location: Amsterdam, NL (The Netherlands) - Near to me, and one of the best places on EU.

Second of all, the internet speed :
Download speed from CacheFly: 11.2MB/s Download speed from Coloat, Atlanta GA: 9.75MB/s Download speed from Softlayer, Dallas, TX: 9.91MB/s Download speed from Linode, Tokyo, JP: 4.74MB/s Download speed from i3d.net, NL: 11.2MB/s Download speed from Leaseweb, Haarlem, NL: 11.2MB/s Download speed from Softlayer, Singapore: 3.80MB/s Download speed from Softlayer, Seattle, WA: 8.13MB/s Download speed from Softlayer, San Jose, CA: 8.13MB/s Download speed from Softlayer, Washington, DC: 10.3MB/s I/O speed : 96.7 MB/s I used to have better result by few MBs, but since more than 14 members have their VPS on the same node it may be abused little. but there are still more space on the node.

Speedtest.net :
http://www.speedtest.net/result/2996240237.png
100Mb line with unlimited bandwidth is really cool.

Comments

• Nice review. But you do realize these are the special introduction VPS's and the other ones have 2 cores and 215 MB RAM? (without the upgrade system in place)

• SaikuSaiku Member, Host Rep

@Tor they will come in-stock whenever the existing user change their VPS.
    Also, it's worth to mention that the master node is located in Amsterdam, NL with SoftLayer.

• @Shawni said:
    i received free from subnetweb

The forum of which you are admin off oddly enough?

http://subnetweb.com/showteam.php

• I called it @INIZ

• Luis is a mod there!! OH MY GOD!

Thanked by 1Mark_R
  • jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran
    edited September 2013

I remember them. The guy who owned it had horrible horrible English, IPs from random foreign countries, and posed as the identity of a guy from Houston who formerly worked at Microsoft. If I recall, he didn't have anything to say when I asked him to have coffee before considering any sponsorship of his product. After all, we're neighbors right?

Also at the time that I was approached about this website, it was hosted on a vps from freevps.

This little project, the last time I dug into it, had more red flags than I care to list. I wouldn't touch it with a 40 foot pole. If anyone is interested I'll pull my old research.

• 100Mb line with unlimited bandwidth is really cool.

small technicality, but a server with a 100Mbps port is only capable of a maximum of 32,101GB (about 31.34 TB) monthly traffic for the entire node. :)

google calculators:
    https://www.google.ca/search?q=100+megabits+per+second+in+gigabytes+per+month
    https://www.google.ca/search?q=100+megabits+per+second+in+terabytes+per+month

• RadiRadi Host Rep, Veteran

Who is paying for these VPS?

@FtpIt_Radi said:
    Who is paying for these VPS?

The "owner" should be more than able to. Surely someone who once worked at Microsoft isn't hurting for money.

http://www.linkedin.com/pub/blazho-dzurovski/5b/220/412

I'm just curious how a former MS employee lasted 8 years at the company with amazing communication skills like this:

"The needs are strictly for legal things.Ilegail is strictly forbiden"

Topped off with a residential IP from Macedonia.

• @INIZ :
    It doesn't change anything, i just received it like all members did. Completing the requirements.

@jarland :
    The owner already verified his identity and prooved to FreeVPS.us that he is legit, not sure about his english.

@Shawni said:
    The owner already verified his identity and prooved to FreeVPS.us that he is legit, not sure about his english.

I'll believe it when I see it. The piece that doesn't add up is simple.

• Worked at Microsoft for 8 years.
    • Can't type a sentence that is either proper or, at least, "American Proper" (what I call most of my sentences).

Ignoring the foreign IP, adding in that for every good person who wants something free there's several more shady characters, I don't like it. Anyone following LEB for any length of time knows that if it smells fishy, it probably is.

• TorTor Member
    edited September 2013

@jarland said:
    Ignoring the foreign IP, adding in that for every good person who wants something free there's several more shady characters, I don't like it. Anyone following LEB for any length of time knows that if it smells fishy, it probably is.

Hi there, my name is "Tor" or "vJds" on http://subnetweb.com/member.php?action=profile&uid=53 I'm a past, "recently fired" Voluntary Norwegian Administrator on SubnetWeb.

He had his identity verified at FreeVPS, Softlayer and SolusLabs. In some he even sent his passport over to verify.

Let's try to answer some questions shall we:

Q: Why does he talk "bad" English?
    A: He writes quickly without any spellchecking on his mobile phone.

Q: Why is he so long in Macedonia?
    A: Well, I have not asked this question but for all I know this is his home country and he’s visiting his family/having a vacation.

Q: When is he back in Houston?
    A: Depends, if he gets quickly back he will be there by 4 weeks on his regular computer writing “Proper American” like you said.

Now, stop hurting his reputation please. Let him come back to Houston and maybe take a coffee with him. I do not want to fight with you or anything; I just wanted to make things clearer.

• "It's to avoid extra cost and also because Shawni did not provide any SolusVM license."

You know you could've just told the truth instead of lying and pretending to be some active user on a forum that got a gift.

Thanked by 1Mark_R
  • @Ishaq said:
    "It's to avoid extra cost and also because Shawni did not provide any SolusVM license."

You know you could've just told the truth instead of lying and pretending to be some active user on a forum that got a gift.

You should stop that, nobody likes ass-lickers. We bought and received already the SolusVM license and we are waiting for the owner to put the license manually as he wanted to do that himself.

• @Shawni

So I'm an "ass-licker" because you got found out that you're more involved in this than you let on?

Thanked by 2jar Mark_R

@Tor said:
    Now, stop hurting his reputation please. Let him come back to Houston and maybe take a coffee with him. I do not want to fight with you or anything; I just wanted to make things clearer.

Fair enough. I said what I had to say. I don't like shady people and I will always investigate people who approach me and ask for something free. I'm a nice person, if I don't think you're being shady. I've had enough homeless people take advantage of my kindness that I am always suspicious of anyone wanting a handout now.

@Shawni said:
    You should stop that, nobody likes ass-lickers. We bought and received already the SolusVM license and we are waiting for the owner to put the license manually as he wanted to do that himself.

Nobody likes people who say "ass-lickers."

• Please, I'm just a moderator there, don't laugh at me.

I am just helping them out.

@luis12345620 said:
    Please, I'm just a moderator there, don't laugh at me.

I am just helping them out.

U give me free vps and I be op on minecraft srvr? Thx.

• @jarland said:
    U give me free vps and I be op on minecraft srvr? Thx.

Z CLAZZIC LUIS

• luis12345620luis12345620 Member
    edited September 2013

I am not like that anymore.

While I have a VPS with them, it is not mandatory, and I am having fun there. Why guys are you attacking each other.

Edit: If you want to put up a fight, I'll fight (but don't warn me or ban me). I just want to protect myself from any unwanted extra troubles. The past is the past, what I have done it's already done, well I already said all sorry's and forgot everything to begin a new life, and the day of today they are happy and so I am. But please, don't judge a site based on my sole/anybody's presence.
    BTW, they have their own Solus license, but the node hasn't been set up yet (or so I think).

All extra hassles (MC and such) are out of this place for good. I've created myself a Planet Minecraft account for such purposes. As for VPS, I create an individual account for each site I'm on. Maybe it's time to pick a new username (who thinks).

• SolusVM is now installed on our 3rd server, expect to see new VPSs with SolusVM on the next few days.

@jarland, I don't bother people. I must be smarter than you, so that makes you ridiculously retarded? Thought so.

Lol you guys are funny.

• ShawniShawni Member
    edited September 2013

@jarland, If you find it hard to laugh at yourself, I would be happy to do it for you.

@Shawni said:
    jarland, If you find it hard to laugh at yourself, I would be happy to do it for you.

By all means, the stage is yours.

• DomainBopDomainBop Member
    edited September 2013

Anyone following LEB for any length of time knows that if it smells fishy, it probably is Canal St or Grand St in the summer time.

I agree. There's nothing like the smell of unrefrigerated fish mixed with exhaust fumes on a hot humid summer day. I 3> NY!

Why guys are you attacking each other.

I'm just posting pictures of the fish. I swear I didn't attack the fish.

Free VPS Review.

Could we change the title from "Free VPS Review" to "Subnetweb admin shilling their own service." :)

• ShawniShawni Member
    edited September 2013

@DomainBop, It happens because you touch yourself at night. Level of retardness has been grown a lot. I wish you no harm but why you keep on trying to prove an invalid point, not sure why you are happy.

Is that something you are interested in? No, that's not right. I know far more than you, so that makes me out-smart. You are very astute. Wow. I would not have known about a human like you. If I tell you something good, will you buy the full version of Back Talk instead of using this limited free version? Let me try: Baby you're like a student and I'm like a math book, you solve all my problems! Now am I worth $1.99? Pretty please? Grow up and give up. Acting like a British fa**ot isn't changing anything at all.

• TorTor Member
    edited September 2013

Seriously, stop this dumb discussion.

Hmm... How to stop... Be professional now... I got it!

SubnetWeb – Linux Fish(ing) Technologies

@Shawni said:
    DomainBop, It happens because you touch yourself at night. Level of retardness has been grown a lot. I wish you no harm but why you keep on trying to prove an invalid point, not sure why you are happy.

Is that something you are interested in? No, that's not right. I know far more than you, so that makes me out-smart. You are very astute. Wow. I would not have known about a human like you. If I tell you something good, will you buy the full version of Back Talk instead of using this limited free version? Let me try: Baby you're like a student and I'm like a math book, you solve all my problems! Now am I worth $1.99? Pretty please? Grow up and give up. Acting like a British fa**ot isn't changing anything at all.

Bahahaha I just read this now. @DomainBop this should be linked in your signature. It's that funny.

• @Jarland, Busy now, will ignore you some times later.

• Mark_RMark_R Member
    edited June 2014

looks legit. /sarcasm