Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Mevspace (formerly Skynode) - BLACK FRIDAY OFFER [2021] - For all dedicated servers!
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Mevspace (formerly Skynode) - BLACK FRIDAY OFFER [2021] - For all dedicated servers!

MevspaceMevspace Member, Patron Provider

Hi,
Skynode is back with sales as Mevspace. ;)

Who we are?

Mevspace.com (formerly Skynode.eu) provide dedicated servers, VPS, and IT infrastructure for the whole world, including Europe, Asia, and the USA since a decade. We have built our own Data Center - it is located close to the Warsaw metropolitan area. The goal for Mevspace is the uninterrupted availability of services and the highest quality and performance at the lowest possible price.

BLACK FRIDAY OFFER:

-10% for all dedicated servers.

With code: BLACK4L2021

Our promotions add up!
If you take a server for a year, you will pay only for 10 months!

OUR CONFIGURATIONS:

CPU: AMD® Ryzen™ 5 3600
RAM: 64 GB
Storage: 2 x 500 GB NVMe / Samsung 980
Network: 1Gbps
Data center: Europe (Warsaw,Poland)
Price: $62,50 net/month.
WITH BLACK FRIDAY DISCOUNT: $56,25 net/month.

CPU: AMD® Ryzen™ 5 3600
RAM: 128 GB
Storage: 2 x 1TB NVMe / Samsung 980
Network:1Gbps
Price: $82,40 net/month.
WITH BLACK FRIDAY DISCOUNT: $74,16 net/month.

CPU: AMD® Ryzen™ 7 3700X
RAM: 64 GB
Storage: 2 x 500 GB NVMe / Samsung 980
Network: 1Gbps
Price: $85,90 net/month.
WITH BLACK FRIDAY DISCOUNT: $77,31 net/month.

CPU: AMD® Ryzen™ 7 3700X
RAM: 128 GB
Storage: 2 x 1 TB NVMe / Samsung 980
Network: 1 Gbps
Price: $108,10 net/month.
WITH BLACK FRIDAY DISCOUNT: $97,29 net/month.

MORE CONFIGS HERE: https://mevspace.com/dedicated

ADDITIONAL INFO

about Mevspace dedicated servers:
• Additional Anti-DDoS,
• Internet port: 1Gbps, network: 1 Gbps,
• You can pay using a bank transfer, PayPal, or BitPay,
• Support 24/7/365,
• Friendly stuff ^^
• We have a presence in multiple hubs and we are creating our own Internet Exchange - MEVIX,
• No set up fee and predictable fixed monthly fees,
• Choice of billing period 1, 3, 6 or 12 months,
• 10 years on the market,
• 99.99 SLA,
• IPv4/ IPv6 one for each dedicated server.

Dedicated servers with Ryzen 9 5950X are NOW available on our website!
The delivery time for this server may be longer (we are waiting for the processors to arrive), but if you buy it during the promotion, you will get the Ryzen 9 5950 servers at Black Friday price.
On our page you can also find configurations with Intel Xeon CPU.

Black Friday Promotion runs till the end of month.
Once used, the discount remains until you resign from the server (how long you want).
We have released new configurations with faster disks and more RAM capacity.

For more configurations and information about them, check here: Mevspace.com

OUR REBRANDING

We would also like to inform you about our rebranding from Skynode to Mevspace.
Now you can find us at mevspace.com
What it means to you?
After this rebranding Mevspace will have new configurations of dedicated servers and in future also VPS.

Mevspace is also implementing the official MEVPartner affiliation program for companies and resellers by offering discounts, including a program to sell dedicated server services on special terms. So, feel free to contact us any time at [email protected] :)

The new Mevspace brand is setting itself a goal to give customers access to an even better dedicated servers infrastructure, that's why we were expanding our Data Center in terms of not only size but also security and Network & power infrastructure.
Our rebranding and the end of developing the DC also means that we will be contributing more often on the LET forum :).

Thanked by 3mcgree AlbaHost _Nic

Comments

• DPDP Administrator, The Domain Guy

Where da VPS dealz attttttt?

Thanked by 1AXYZE
  • MevspaceMevspace Member, Patron Provider

@DP said:
    Where da VPS dealz attttttt?

Sorry, not this time;( it will be next year.

• AndrewsAndrews Member
    edited November 2021
    1. your debut offer on LET
    2. company rebranding
    3. BF/CM

...and everything what you can offer for LET members is 10% off only for dedis??? really?

• Does your servers have IPMI ?

• iKeyZiKeyZ Veteran
    edited November 2021

Had one for a while in the past, good service & support. Nothing to complain about really. :smile:

@Andrews said:
    1. your debut offer on LET
    2. company rebranding
    3. BF/CM

...and everything what you can offer for LET members is 10% off only for dedis??? really?

They are already good prices, it's better than nothing.

Thanked by 1Mevspace
  • This might not be everyone's cup of tea, but for my needs this is a great fit so I got one.

My experience:
    Creating an account took like an hour (looks like it's a manual process - not necessarily a bad thing) and then I struggled to order a server AND an additional IPv4 at the same time (unknown error). I needed to order the server first and then order the additional IPv4 from the control panel.

Speaking of the control panel, it's basic but functional. rDNS / custom hostname seems to be missing sadly, the rest is your standard power/reboot/reinstall.

The SSDs installed in my server are 512 GB Intel 660p NVMe QLC drives with a TBW-rating of 100TB. That's the lowest value I have ever seen for any SSD. The primary disk is around 1 year old and has 150 TB written (so it's already beyond spec), the 2nd disk is also 1 year old and has only seen 9 TBW. Let's see how long that first disks lasts.

YABS:

# ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## #
    #              Yet-Another-Bench-Script              #
    #                     v2021-10-09                    #
    # https://github.com/masonr/yet-another-bench-script #
    # ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## #

Thu Nov 25 18:17:05 UTC 2021

Basic System Information:
    ---------------------------------
    Processor  : AMD Ryzen 5 3600 6-Core Processor
    CPU cores  : 12 @ 3583.950 MHz
    AES-NI     : ✔ Enabled
    VM-x/AMD-V : ✔ Enabled
    RAM        : 62.8 GiB
    Swap       : 15.3 GiB
    Disk       : 452.8 GiB

fio Disk Speed Tests (Mixed R/W 50/50):
    Block Size | 4k            (IOPS) | 64k           (IOPS)
      ------   | ---            ----  | ----           ----
    Read       | 112.71 MB/s  (28.1k) | 170.12 MB/s   (2.6k)
    Write      | 113.01 MB/s  (28.2k) | 171.01 MB/s   (2.6k)
    Total      | 225.73 MB/s  (56.4k) | 341.13 MB/s   (5.3k)
               |                      |
    Block Size | 512k          (IOPS) | 1m            (IOPS)
      ------   | ---            ----  | ----           ----
    Read       | 341.61 MB/s    (667) | 427.54 MB/s    (417)
    Write      | 359.76 MB/s    (702) | 456.02 MB/s    (445)
    Total      | 701.38 MB/s   (1.3k) | 883.56 MB/s    (862)

iperf3 Network Speed Tests (IPv4):
    Provider        | Location (Link)           | Send Speed      | Recv Speed
                    |                           |                 |
    Clouvider       | London, UK (10G)          | 928 Mbits/sec   | 930 Mbits/sec
    Online.net      | Paris, FR (10G)           | busy            | 927 Mbits/sec
    WorldStream     | The Netherlands (10G)     | 929 Mbits/sec   | 933 Mbits/sec
    WebHorizon      | Singapore (1G)            | 575 Mbits/sec   | 703 Mbits/sec
    Clouvider       | NYC, NY, US (10G)         | 118 Mbits/sec   | 547 Mbits/sec
    Velocity Online | Tallahassee, FL, US (10G) | 22.2 Mbits/sec  | 132 Mbits/sec
    Clouvider       | Los Angeles, CA, US (10G) | 823 Mbits/sec   | 399 Mbits/sec
    Iveloz Telecom  | Sao Paulo, BR (2G)        | 770 Mbits/sec   | 214 Mbits/sec

iperf3 Network Speed Tests (IPv6):
    Provider        | Location (Link)           | Send Speed      | Recv Speed
                    |                           |                 |
    Clouvider       | London, UK (10G)          | 916 Mbits/sec   | 915 Mbits/sec
    Online.net      | Paris, FR (10G)           | busy            | 917 Mbits/sec
    WorldStream     | The Netherlands (10G)     | busy            | 913 Mbits/sec
    WebHorizon      | Singapore (1G)            | 283 Mbits/sec   | 775 Mbits/sec
    Clouvider       | NYC, NY, US (10G)         | 868 Mbits/sec   | 443 Mbits/sec
    Clouvider       | Los Angeles, CA, US (10G) | 814 Mbits/sec   | 287 Mbits/sec

Geekbench 5 Benchmark Test:
    Test            | Value
                    |
    Single Core     | 1336
    Multi Core      | 7750
    Full Test       | https://browser.geekbench.com/v5/cpu/11208169

• @icebeer871 said:
    The SSDs installed in my server are 512 GB Intel 660p NVMe QLC drives with a TBW-rating of 100TB. That's the lowest value I have ever seen for any SSD. The primary disk is around 1 year old and has 150 TB written (so it's already beyond spec), the 2nd disk is also 1 year old and has only seen 9 TBW. Let's see how long that first disks lasts.

OP spec mentions Samsung 980 NVME drives which have at least doubled IOPS and peek transfers comparing to brand new Intel 660p (for such EOL Intel drives that difference will be even bigger...)

Thanked by 1icebeer871
  • icebeer871icebeer871 Member
    edited November 2021

@Andrews said:
    OP spec mentions Samsung 980 NVME drives

Good catch! I did some further digging...

The mainboard used in my server is a Gigabyte AB350M-DS3H V2-CF. Looking into it's manual reveals that it only has one m.2 slot (PCIe 3.0 x4). So the 2nd drive has to be in one of the PCIe slots, right? I wonder if that slows it down:

primary drive:

/dev/nvme0n1:
     Timing cached reads:   26516 MB in  2.00 seconds = 13273.80 MB/sec
     Timing buffered disk reads: 4366 MB in  3.00 seconds = 1455.04 MB/sec

secondary drive:

/dev/nvme1n1:
     Timing cached reads:   25864 MB in  2.00 seconds = 12946.31 MB/sec
     Timing buffered disk reads: 2874 MB in  3.00 seconds = 957.94 MB/sec

I re-did those tests a couple of times and the 2nd drive always scored between 930 and 960 MB/sec. In contrast, the primary drive achieved close to its 1.5 GB/s claim every time.

I guess whoever assembled the server didn't think it was a good idea to install the 2nd m.2 drive in the top PCIe slot (which is waaaay faster and directly connected to the CPU). What a great way to bottleneck any kind of RAID setup, which is offered when installing the server (RAID-0, RAID-1 or no RAID)!

But why did anyone configure a server that way? Is there - by any chance - a GPU installed in the top PCIe x16 slot?

lshw -C display
      *-display
           description: VGA compatible controller
           product: GK208B [GeForce GT 710]
           vendor: NVIDIA Corporation
           physical id: 0
           bus info: pci@0000:07:00.0
           version: a1
           width: 64 bits
           clock: 33MHz
           capabilities: pm msi pciexpress vga_controller bus_master cap_list rom
           configuration: driver=nouveau latency=0
           resources: irq:82 memory:f6000000-f6ffffff memory:e8000000-efffffff memory:f0000000-f1ffffff ioport:e000(size=128) memory:c0000-dffff

Yep! Behold the mighty GT 710. Not sure why it isn't swapped with the 2nd SSD to the chipset slot. Maybe the GPU doesn't work when it is installed in any of the chipset slots, but most likely this is just human error.

Conclusion:
    Not only are these not Samsung 980s, putting two 980s into this motherboard in this configuration doesn't make much sense. Only the m.2 slot on the mainboard is PCIe 3.0 x4 while the 2nd slot appears to be only PCIe 2.0 x2. The x16 slot is occupied by a GPU for whatever reason.

@Mevspace should fix the listing and at least remove the reference to the Samsung 980s.

Thanked by 1OhJohn
  • @Mevspace Do you offer free ipv6?
    Do you still have a lot of DDoS attacks, including IP spoofed attacks from your network?

• @Andrews said: ...and everything what you can offer for LET members is 10% off only for dedis??? really?

That discount is not only for LET members ...

• @Mevspace I am a bit hesitating between you and getting an AX from hetzner (they remain a bit cheaper after adding an extra drive)... can I get an additional HDD for a reasonable price (just an extra 2TB HDD) or can I simply replace one of the 480GB SSDs by a 2TB drive? 🙄

• @Hotmarer said:

@Andrews said: ...and everything what you can offer for LET members is 10% off only for dedis??? really?

That discount is not only for LET members ...

I've never said that it is LET exclusive

• AXYZEAXYZE Member
    edited November 2021

@icebeer871 said:

@Andrews said:
    OP spec mentions Samsung 980 NVME drives

Good catch! I did some further digging...

The mainboard used in my server is a Gigabyte AB350M-DS3H V2-CF. Looking into it's manual reveals that it only has one m.2 slot (PCIe 3.0 x4). So the 2nd drive has to be in one of the PCIe slots, right? I wonder if that slows it down:

primary drive:

/dev/nvme0n1:
     Timing cached reads:   26516 MB in  2.00 seconds = 13273.80 MB/sec
     Timing buffered disk reads: 4366 MB in  3.00 seconds = 1455.04 MB/sec

secondary drive:

/dev/nvme1n1:
     Timing cached reads:   25864 MB in  2.00 seconds = 12946.31 MB/sec
     Timing buffered disk reads: 2874 MB in  3.00 seconds = 957.94 MB/sec

I re-did those tests a couple of times and the 2nd drive always scored between 930 and 960 MB/sec. In contrast, the primary drive achieved close to its 1.5 GB/s claim every time.

I guess whoever assembled the server didn't think it was a good idea to install the 2nd m.2 drive in the top PCIe slot (which is waaaay faster and directly connected to the CPU). What a great way to bottleneck any kind of RAID setup, which is offered when installing the server (RAID-0, RAID-1 or no RAID)!

But why did anyone configure a server that way? Is there - by any chance - a GPU installed in the top PCIe x16 slot?

lshw -C display
      *-display
           description: VGA compatible controller
           product: GK208B [GeForce GT 710]
           vendor: NVIDIA Corporation
           physical id: 0
           bus info: pci@0000:07:00.0
           version: a1
           width: 64 bits
           clock: 33MHz
           capabilities: pm msi pciexpress vga_controller bus_master cap_list rom
           configuration: driver=nouveau latency=0
           resources: irq:82 memory:f6000000-f6ffffff memory:e8000000-efffffff memory:f0000000-f1ffffff ioport:e000(size=128) memory:c0000-dffff

Yep! Behold the mighty GT 710. Not sure why it isn't swapped with the 2nd SSD to the chipset slot. Maybe the GPU doesn't work when it is installed in any of the chipset slots, but most likely this is just human error.

Conclusion:
    Not only are these not Samsung 980s, putting two 980s into this motherboard in this configuration doesn't make much sense. Only the m.2 slot on the mainboard is PCIe 3.0 x4 while the 2nd slot appears to be only PCIe 2.0 x2. The x16 slot is occupied by a GPU for whatever reason.

@Mevspace should fix the listing and at least remove the reference to the Samsung 980s.

This Gigabyte mobo cant run headless, it needs GPU so thats why you have GT710 and AFAIK it needs to sit in first slot in this mobo. Its just $50 generic board.

• @AXYZE said:
    This Gigabyte consumer-grade mobo cant run headless, it needs GPU so thats why you have GT710.

are you sure about this specific mobo? for example, MSI consumer-grade mobos can run headless without problems (dedicated BIOS option to ignore lack of GPU)

• @Andrews said:

@AXYZE said:
    This Gigabyte consumer-grade mobo cant run headless, it needs GPU so thats why you have GT710.

are you sure about this specific mobo? for example, MSI consumer-grade mobos can run headless without problems (dedicated BIOS option to ignore lack of GPU)

Yes, this motherboard 100% wont post without GPU.

• @AXYZE said: Yes, this motherboard 100% wont post without GPU.

Does the GPU have to be in the top slot though? My homeserver used to a run ~100 EUR Gigabyte B450 board and I put my GT730 in a chipset slot. I used the top slot for fast networking instead. Never had an issue.

• @icebeer871 said:

@AXYZE said: Yes, this motherboard 100% wont post without GPU.

Does the GPU have to be in the top slot though? My homeserver used to a run ~100 EUR Gigabyte B450 board and I put my GT730 in a chipset slot. I used the top slot for fast networking instead. Never had an issue.

I dont have this exact mobo on hand to check, but it doesnt support CrossFire which B350 supports... which suggests that there can be problem with GPU in second slot.

@403_Forbidden said:
    Does your servers have IPMI ?

No, we don't. We connect KVM free of charge on request.

@icebeer871 said:
    This might not be everyone's cup of tea, but for my needs this is a great fit so I got one.

My experience:
    Creating an account took like an hour (looks like it's a manual process - not necessarily a bad thing) and then I struggled to order a server AND an additional IPv4 at the same time (unknown error).

After the account is created, the automat verifies the correctness of the given data, and you know how the automat works - if something does not fit into its algorithm it sends such account to manual verification, hence the extended time for account activation.

As for the second sentence, it should not be like that, I have forwarded it to the admins :) Thanks for the comment!

@Hotmarer said:
    @Mevspace Do you offer free ipv6?
    Do you still have a lot of DDoS attacks, including IP spoofed attacks from your network?

We have only set up fee - 24$.
    We have implemented Anti-DDoS, we have also implemented mechanisms to protect against IP spoofing.

@afn said:
    @Mevspace I am a bit hesitating between you and getting an AX from hetzner (they remain a bit cheaper after adding an extra drive)... can I get an additional HDD for a reasonable price (just an extra 2TB HDD) or can I simply replace one of the 480GB SSDs by a 2TB drive? 🙄

Hi, we can give you extra 2TB HDD for half price due to BF $7, how about that?

Thanked by 1afn
  • @Mevspace said:
    Hi, we can give you extra 2TB HDD for half price due to BF $7, how about that?

Fine, you win... I am buying a dedi, wanted to try your services since a while anyway. I will shoot you a PM or a support ticket.

Any idea what GPUs to expect ? ( I know it may vary upon delivery ofc)

Thanked by 1Mevspace
  • afnafn Member
    edited November 2021

Wtf... How/why the hell did google translate the domain name mevspace to skynode!!

• SteveMCSteveMC Member
    edited November 2021

Wtf... How/why the hell did google translate the domain name mevspace to skynode!!

AI

• @afn said:

Thanked by 1Mevspace
  • Just bought Ryzen 7 server. Fast deployed. I ordered Ryzen 9 also. Cheers!!

Thanked by 1Mevspace