Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

KS-LE: Get IPv6 to work under Proxmox
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

KS-LE: Get IPv6 to work under Proxmox

hey guys,

I bought a KS-LE at kimsufis black week offers and installed Proxmox on it using their offered Proxmox distribution but it is not coming with IPv6 connectivity and now I'm stuck getting it to work.

I added the following to my interfaces:
iface vmbr0 inet6 static
address 2001:41d0:****:****::1
netmask 128
post-up sleep 5; /sbin/ip -family inet6 route add 2001:41d0:****:ff:ff:ff:ff:ff dev vmbr0
post-up sleep 5; /sbin/ip -family inet6 route add default via 2001:41d0:****:
ff:ff:ff:ff:ff
post-down /sbin/ip -family inet6 route del 2001:41d0:****:ff:ff:ff:ff:ff dev vmbr0
post-down /sbin/ip -family inet6 route del default via 2001:41d0:****:
ff:ff:ff:ff:ff

As soon as I reboot the system IPv4 comes back to life but IPv6 does not. SSH is also not working anymore and I have to set it to rescue mode and remove the IPv6 configuration.

Do you have any idea, whats wrong with my config ?

Thanks

Comments

• Netmask is /64 and your gw address is wrong too. I just added ipv6 address and gateway, working fine.

• I had a netmask of /64 configured but how is my gateway wrong ?

are you ok with me dm you with my IPv6 address ? I don't really know whats wrong with it ?

• Timtimo13Timtimo13 Member
    edited November 2021

I changed the netmask back to /64 and I figured out, what you meant with 'gateway is wrong'.
    I guess I just messed up with replacing actual IP with stars. I did not fuck it up, it's the LETs post editor :neutral: It uses STAR STAR text STAR STAR to bold sth

My gateway looks more like this:
    post-up /sbin/ip -family inet6 route add 2001:41d0:----:--ff:ff:ff:ff:ff dev vmbr0
    post-up /sbin/ip -family inet6 route add default via 2001:41d0:----:--ff:ff:ff:ff:ff
    post-down /sbin/ip -family inet6 route del 2001:41d0:----:--ff:ff:ff:ff:ff dev vmbr0
    post-down /sbin/ip -family inet6 route del default via 2001:41d0:----:--ff:ff:ff:ff:ff

I can add the IPv6 to an extra VMBR now but I don't get any connectivity to the internet.
    Does anyone have an idea ?

• DM me please

• I had the same issue.
    I solved it like this, I installed npd6 and configured it to my subnet.

Then i used the following network config:

iface eno3 inet6 static
        address 2001:41d0:700:xxxx::1/128
        gateway 2001:41d0:700:xxxx:ff:ff:ff:ff

auto vmbr0
    iface vmbr0 inet static
        address xx.xx.xx.xx/29
        bridge-ports none
        bridge-stp off
        bridge-fd 0

iface vmbr0 inet6 static
        address 2001:41d0:700:xxxx::2/64
        up ip -6 route add 2001:41d0:700:xxxx::/64 dev vmbr0
            down ip -6 route del 2001:41d0:700:xxxx::/64 dev vmbr0

And in my VM I used as 2001:41d0:700:xxxx:12:2/64 and as gateway 2001:41d0:700:xxxx::2

The main drawback i'm still having: I need to periodically run a traceroute to keep the IPv6 connection running.
    Maybe somebody else can solve it.

• v3ngv3ng Member, Patron Provider

Good luck with IPv6 on OVH's network.

Their implementation is so broken and rarely works.

• NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran

https://wiki.x8e.net/doku.php?id=proxmox_ipv6

Works, besides when they had a maintenance, the entire machine lost connectivity and I need to run a hard reset.

Thanked by 1derekyang