Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Netcup Black Friday Deals
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Netcup Black Friday Deals

so Netcup released their schedule for BF this year: https://www.netcup-news.de/2021/11/22/fahrplan-fuer-den-black-friday-2021/

quite some things they had already in between, RS 2000 G9 at 11,20 is a lot of value for instance... but also the hurricane, volacno and tornado things might become interesting, depending on what the final specs are. as usual one should be really on time for the good offers, as they are expected to sell out quickly.

I'll try to keep track and post the order links in here, as soon as I get to know them.

also keep in mind, that netcup has strict contracts, billing terms and cancellation periods. that's not everyones cup of tea, so don't bother, if you're not willing to deal with that ;-)

Comments

• @Falzo said:
    so Netcup released their schedule for BF this year: https://www.netcup-news.de/2021/11/22/fahrplan-fuer-den-black-friday-2021/

quite some things they had already in between, RS 2000 G9 at 11,20 is a lot of value for instance... but also the hurricane, volacno and tornado things might become interesting, depending on what the final specs are. as usual one should be really on time for the good offers, as they are expected to sell out quickly.

I'll try to keep track and post the order links in here, as soon as I get to know them.

also keep in mind, that netcup has strict contracts, billing terms and cancellation periods. that's not everyones cup of tea, so don't bother, if you're not willing to deal with that ;-)

I would like you entitled millennial cunts to read the part in bold several times and reply in this thread if you don’t get it. There will be no mercy afterwards.

• naja, netcup biete viel traffic ansonsten ist mir reacknerd lieber

• RS Black Flash ONLY € 9.90 / month, I hope it has 04 dedicated cores and north of 300GB SSD. Its exciting as well as bit disappointing since the specs are not public for their specials. There is no point in keeping them hidden. Making them public will help potential customers focus on what they want to order rather than ordering multiple products only to cancel later within 14 day time, which will deprive those who could benefit from the deal before it went out of stock.

• @Durs said:
    naja, netcup biete viel traffic ansonsten ist mir reacknerd lieber

English please.

Thanked by 1niceboy
  • Eich bien ein Ausländer!

Thanked by 1Unixfy
  • Contracts with an agreed term of 24 months are extended by a further 12 months if they are not terminated by a party with one month's notice to the end of the respective contract term.

• @noobjockeys said:
    Contracts with an agreed term of 24 months are extended by a further 12 months if they are not terminated by a party with one month's notice to the end of the respective contract term.

Your cell plan?

Thanked by 2webcraft BBTN
  • Rolling monthly after initial term with 30 days cancellation.

• @noobjockeys said:
    Rolling monthly after initial term with 30 days cancellation.

Brazzers subscription?

• @Nekki said: Brazzers subscription?

mmmm nope

• @noobjockeys said: mmmm nope

Reality Kings? Bang Bros? Tushy?

• @Nekki said:

@noobjockeys said: mmmm nope

Reality Kings? Bang Bros? Tushy?

fakehostel? nf busty?

• @cybertech said: fakehostel? nf busty?

Fakehostel? Brutal.

• @xetsys said: RS Black Flash ONLY € 9.90 / month, I hope it has 04 dedicated cores and north of 300GB SSD. Its exciting as well as bit disappointing since the specs are not public for their specials. There is no point in keeping them hidden. Making them public will help potential customers focus on what they want to order rather than ordering multiple products only to cancel later within 14 day time,

Totally agree. now I want that discounted RS 2000, but what if RS black is same/better for cheaper -_- ? Also will they enforce yearly billing on all of these, any idea?

Refill 1:30 p.m .: RS 2000 G9 instead of € 16.00 ONLY € 11.20 / month (maximum 222 pieces)

is that refill guaranteed ? or is it "if they still have some" don't want to miss the first one waiting for those unannounced deals and getting nothing in the end :joy:

Thanked by 1xetsys
  • Nice! But they'll likely be out of stock quickly.

• @xetsys said: RS Black Flash ONLY € 9.90 / month, I hope it has 04 dedicated cores and north of 300GB SSD.

probably not happening... here is the old specs and pricing from easter as a comparison:

VPS Ostern M (2C,4GB,40GB) 4,32€ - 500
    VPS Ostern L (2C,8GB,160GB) 4,56€ - 1000
    VPS Ostern XL (4C,10GB,240GB) 7,89€ - Volcano
    VPS Funny Bunny (6C,18GB,480GB) 12,34€ - Hurricane

RS Ostern S (2C,12GB,320GB) 10,36€ - Flash
    RS Ostern M (4C,16GB,320GB) 11,49€ - 2000
    RS Ostern L (4C,20GB,640GB) 16,61€ - Storm
    RS Ostern XL (8C,32GB,800GB) 25,52€ - 4000
    RS Ostern XXL (8C,48GB,1000GB) 30,99€ - Tornado
    RS Fast Rabbit (12C,64GB,2000GB) 39,99€ - 8000

I added what I think they'll more or less match to with the new offers... not much surprises happening - but plannable I'd say ;-) ;-)

repeat after me: I don't need another server, I don't need another server, I don't need another server...

• @afn said: Also will they enforce yearly billing on all of these, any idea?

so far they always came with a yearly contract and if I remember correctly it was 6 month billing period.

@afn said: is that refill guaranteed

afaik that's guarantued. if they announced refills, those always happened. still could be a bunch of people waiting to see, what's the BLACK offers are about and trying to wait, then go for the refill. probably going to be OOS even faster than the first round then ;-)

good luck hunting everyone ^^

• For someone that's used netcup before, does "4 dedicated cores" actually mean "4 cores, 8 threads" or "4 dedicated threads, i.e. 2 actual dedicated cores"? Just asking because it's seems a bit odd they only sell dedicated in multiples of 2 cores if they mean actual cores, but makes sense if they mean threads.

• @ralf said:
    For someone that's used netcup before, does "4 dedicated cores" actually mean "4 cores, 8 threads" or "4 dedicated threads, i.e. 2 actual dedicated cores"? Just asking because it's seems a bit odd they only sell dedicated in multiples of 2 cores if they mean actual cores, but makes sense if they mean threads.

I believe its threads

Thanked by 2ralf webcraft
  • FalzoFalzo Member
    edited November 2021

@plumberg said:

@ralf said:
    For someone that's used netcup before, does "4 dedicated cores" actually mean "4 cores, 8 threads" or "4 dedicated threads, i.e. 2 actual dedicated cores"? Just asking because it's seems a bit odd they only sell dedicated in multiples of 2 cores if they mean actual cores, but makes sense if they mean threads.

I believe its threads

+1

if you check via cpuinfo you'll see four cores for their RS whereas on baremetal servers with real HT you'd see 8 (threads).
    so, as all of it is virtualized anyway, expect these 4 virtual cores to be threads. dedicated to you and depending on the load of the hostnode, it might scale quite good from 1 to 4 cores still ;-)

• @xetsys said:
    RS Black Flash ONLY € 9.90 / month, I hope it has 04 dedicated cores and north of 300GB SSD. Its exciting as well as bit disappointing since the specs are not public for their specials. There is no point in keeping them hidden. Making them public will help potential customers focus on what they want to order rather than ordering multiple products only to cancel later within 14 day time, which will deprive those who could benefit from the deal before it went out of stock.

I feel you, hoping the same on this deal. I doubt that the deal will have more than 300GB SSD as the Easter Deal at the same price of RS2000 deal which is also featued here had 320GB SSD.

But no problem, there are other great providers willing to get my mooooney :wink:

• afnafn Member
    edited November 2021

@Falzo said: so far they always came with a yearly contract and if I remember correctly it was 6 month billing period.

Thanks for the reply, but if it is yearly:

Then see: https://www.netcup.de/bestellen/produkt.php?produkt=2623

it is no longer RS 2000 G9 **instead of € 16.00 **ONLY € 11.20 / month

But it is instead of 14€*

in that case it is still a good deal, but I don't know if I am willing to commit for a year for ~2€ off 🤔

• @afn said:

@Falzo said: so far they always came with a yearly contract and if I remember correctly it was 6 month billing period.

Thanks for the reply, but if it is yearly:

Then see: https://www.netcup.de/bestellen/produkt.php?produkt=2623

it is no longer RS 2000 G9 **instead of € 16.00 **ONLY € 11.20 / month

But it is instead of 14€*

in that case it is still a good deal, but I don't know if I am willing to commit for a year for ~2€ off 🤔

yeah, that's what they always do though. comparing the highest (monthly) price with their cheaper sale (yearly) 🤷‍♂️

that RS 2000 promo has been around a few times this year already. would be surprising, if they cut down on the contract length and make me even more want to buy it. must. resist.

• @afn said: if I am willing to commit for a year for ~2€ off

Isn't that 14€ for 1 year commitment though? It's still a 1.5 months off discount over a year.

• afnafn Member
    edited November 2021

@cadddr said: Isn't that 14€ for 1 year commitment though? It's still a 1.5 months off discount over a year.

both are 1 year commitment.

is it "fine" to grab a deal at 10AM and cancel it at 6PM if there is something better? I mean I know I have 14 days, etc so technically it is not "illegal" but is it somehow "ok"/acceptable? or is it a very unpleasant dick move to them? (I know with Hetzner auctions for example it is okay, since everything is automated so you don't really bother any humans in the process)

• Did netcup enable VT-x like PHP-friends?

• @ariq01 said:
    Did netcup enable VT-x like PHP-friends?

No. In netcup you need to pay extra 2 euro for every core with enabled nested virt.

Thanked by 3afn ariq01 webcraft
  • Netcup are great people. but the nesting fees are damn nasty

• Products and prices are almost the same as last year.

VPS Black Surprise (4 Cores, 240 GB SSD, 10GB) (BF 2020: 7,97 Euro) (now "VPS Black Volcano"??? 7,98 Euro)
    RS 2000 G9 BF20 (AMD EPYC™ 7702, 4 Core, 320 GB SSD, 16GB) (BF 2020: 11,40 Euro) (now 11,20 Euro)
    VPS 1000 G9 BF20 (2 Cores, 160GB SSD, 8GB) (BF 2020: 4,55 Euro) (now 4,99 Euro)

Thanked by 1Falzo
  • I can't remember if these are the last year deals or not https://www.netcup-sonderangebote.de/