Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

KS-01 available!
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

KS-01 available!

https://www.kimsufi.com/en/order/kimsufi.xml?reference=1801sk12

KS-1 Server - Atom D425 - 2GB DDR3 1066 MHz - 500GB SATA
€3.99 /month

https://www.kimsufi.com/us/order/kimsufi.xml?reference=1801sk12

KS-1 Server - Atom D425 - 2GB DDR3 1066 MHz - 500GB SATA
$4.99 /month

It's 1H LOW stock, but hopefully if you've been waiting you can get one :)

Comments

• edited October 2021

This is a legend VPSDEDI..

Thanked by 2chedenaz dahartigan
  • Let us know if there's any issue installing the OS. Some current KS-1 owners don't have any OS listed when they attempt to reinstall.

Thanked by 1dahartigan
  • @chedenaz said:
    Let us know if there's any issue installing the OS. Some current KS-1 owners don't have any OS listed when they attempt to reinstall.

Will do, just waiting for deployment.

Also it's out of stock again..

Thanked by 1chedenaz
  • Grabbed one, last time I used it in 2018/2019. Now I have good idea of its usage.

Thanked by 2dahartigan chedenaz
  • Thanked by 1chedenaz
  • pbxpbx Member

Do KS01 sometimes come with a bigger hard drive or is it always 500GB as advertised?

• deankdeank Member, Troll

The end must be nigh.

• @pbx said:
    Do KS01 sometimes come with a bigger hard drive or is it always 500GB as advertised?

sometimes you can get a 2T disk

Thanked by 3pbx chedenaz dahartigan
  • ahhh missed it again! :-(

• These posts seem pointless many bots like metadedi inform and even notify you when they get restocked.

• @jugganuts said:
    These posts seem pointless many bots like metadedi inform and even notify you when they get restocked.

Sorry you feel that way. I've doubled your notification.

• If there is Chinese optimization, I would like it very much

• @ajpan said:
    If there is Chinese optimization, I would like it very much

No!

• @ajpan said:
    If there is Chinese optimization, I would like it very much

Terrible for China. Mjjs should avoid like the plague..

Thanked by 1chedenaz
  • @jugganuts said:
    These posts seem pointless many bots like metadedi inform and even notify you when they get restocked.

Boasting is a valid point
    just rejoice in with the other

• out of stock, the notifications I set are not working.... how do you guys find out when it's available?

• deankdeank Member, Troll

You underestimate nerdiness of LET users.

Few of them just reload the webpage every two seconds. That's their life.

Ok, seriousness aside, here is a joke; you use bots.

Thanked by 1dahartigan
  • You can subscribe here: https://checkservers.ovh/
    Just grabed one

Thanked by 2chedenaz dahartigan
  • @Chalipa said:
    out of stock, the notifications I set are not working.... how do you guys find out when it's available?

metadedi discord bot.

• OP just forgot about describe setup fees.

• @Chalipa said:
    out of stock, the notifications I set are not working.... how do you guys find out when it's available?

You can make a simple script and run on another VPS. Script will wait until "server being restocked" message disappears then notify you. Very easym

Thanked by 1einverne
  • @farsighter said:

@Chalipa said:

You can make a simple script and run on another VPS. Script will wait until "server being restocked" message disappears then notify you. Very easym

How can this be done? Is there a script available to use

• already subscribed to https://checkservers.ovh/ it just doesn't send notifications :(

• wii747wii747 Member
    edited October 2021

@Chalipa said:

already subscribed to https://checkservers.ovh/ it just doesn't send notifications :(

Check your junk mail

• farsighterfarsighter Member
    edited October 2021

@wii747 said:

@farsighter said:

@Chalipa said:

In order to process the JS from that page in terminal you'll need to use Chromium (or Chrome) headless mode (apt-get install chromium).

The following example will fetch that URL then pipe content to grep and look for the 'restocked' message (if still appears):

me@racknerd-xxxx:~# chromium --headless --disable-gpu --dump-dom https://www.kimsufi.com/en/order/kimsufi.xml?reference=1801sk12 2>/dev/null | grep restocked
    Sorry, this server is being restocked.
    me@racknerd-xxxx:~#

If stock exists output will be empty.

In your script just assign that output to a var like this
    kim=$(the above command)
    and run it in a loop (a 'while' or 'until' bash loop is a good idea) until the var becomes empty.
    When it's empty just notify yourself through email/Telegram maybe.

• NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran

@farsighter said:

@wii747 said:

@farsighter said:

@Chalipa said:

In order to process the JS from that page in terminal you'll need Chromium (or Chrome) headless mode (apt-get install chromium).
    The following command will fetch that URL then pipe content to grep and look for the 'restocked' message (if still appears):

me@racknerd-xxxx:~# chromium --no-sandbox --headless --disable-gpu --dump-dom https://www.kimsufi.com/en/order/kimsufi.xml?reference=1801sk12 2>/dev/null | grep restocked
    Sorry, this server is being restocked.
    me@racknerd-xxxx:~#

If stock exists output will be empty.

In your script just assign that output to a var like this
    kim=$(the above command)
    and run it in a loop (a 'while' or 'until' bash loop is a good idea) until the var becomes empty.
    When it's empty just notify yourself through email/Telegram maybe.

jesus maria christ, there is a fucking json api.
    Also, OVH is famous for its fucked cache setups, doing this that way, may tell you its out of stock when its not.

Thanked by 1dahartigan
    edited October 2021

@Neoon said:
    Also, OVH is famous for its fucked cache setups, doing this that way, may tell you its out of stock when its not.

It's working. Also tested with different packages that are in stock.
    If you're too worried a custom user-agent can be added to that command like this :

--user-agent="Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; Android 11; M2002J9G) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko)"

Eventually they want our business.

• NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran

@farsighter said:

@Neoon said:

It's working. Also tested with different packages that are in stock.
    If you're too worried a custom user-agent can be added to that command like this :

--user-agent="Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; Android 11; M2002J9G) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko)"

Eventually they want our business.

I spoke about the cache, no the browser agent.

Thanked by 1dahartigan
    edited October 2021

@Neoon said:

I spoke about the cache, no the browser agent.

Chromium headless supports profiles and caching using --user-data-dir option.
    Also reasonable pauses should be added to such a loop.
    That was just a short example.

• @farsighter said: It's working

APIs are there for a reason. Running a whole chrome process, constantly fetching a 40k or so page just to get availability, is... hm.. how to put it..

You are the reason why machines will torture us when they revolt.

Thanked by 1TimboJones