Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Oracle Cloud Free Tier - Page 32
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Oracle Cloud Free Tier

Comments

• @dragon1993 said:
    Two account in one family, it's not an abuse.

I'm diagnosed with multiple personality disorder, does that qualify me for multiple accounts?

• @dragon1993 said:

This is why we can't have nice things.

Thanked by 1bulbasaur
  • tetechtetech Member
    edited October 2021

@dragon1993 said:
    I got a horrible message from the oracle.

I think, I never use this address, with oracle cloud.
    I check my two oracle cloud account, every account in free tier, and cost analysis show $0.

Oracle cloud költség túllépés => Oracle cloud cost overrun

Get ready for the bailiffs!

Thanked by 1bulbasaur
  • TimboJonesTimboJones Member
    edited October 2021

@dragon1993 said:

You said "I check my two oracle cloud account".

There are no "family accounts". The only time one name can be used on different accounts is when your name is Darryl and so is your brother.

• @TimboJones said:

@dragon1993 said:

You said "I check my two oracle cloud account".

There are no "family accounts". The only time one name can be used on different accounts is when your name is Darryl and so is your brother.

Long story.
    My little brother want a minecraft server, he register too a account and I help with the basic setup. I have a own account that use Grafana and another non important project.
    We live different place, we use different card.
    I think it's not abuse.
    I have two account => I ever logged in to two accounts.
    Bad wording.

• I also got same mail!

• skorupionskorupion Member, Host Rep

got 4 vc 24gb ram 200 GB disk arm instance first try in AMS

• I have an arm instance with ubuntu.
    I try set ipv6 with this guide, but not work.
    What could be the problem?

root@vps:/# ping6 google.com
    PING google.com(zrh04s14-in-x0e.1e100.net (2a00:1450:400a:802::200e)) 56 data bytes

root@vps:/# ip a
    1: lo:  mtu 65536 qdisc noqueue state UNKNOWN group default qlen 1000
        link/loopback 00:00:00:00:00:00 brd 00:00:00:00:00:00
        inet 127.0.0.1/8 scope host lo
           valid_lft forever preferred_lft forever
        inet6 ::1/128 scope host 
    2: enp0s3:  mtu 9000 qdisc mq state UP group default qlen 1000
        link/ether 02:00:17:00:11:1e brd ff:ff:ff:ff:ff:ff
        inet 10.0.0.91/24 brd 10.0.0.255 scope global enp0s3
        inet6 fe80::17ff:fe00:111e/64 scope link 

• @dragon1993 said:
    I have an arm instance with ubuntu.
    I try set ipv6 with this guide, but not work.
    What could be the problem?

> root@vps:/# ping6 google.com
    > PING google.com(zrh04s14-in-x0e.1e100.net (2a00:1450:400a:802::200e)) 56 data bytes
    > 
    > root@vps:/# ip a
    > 1: lo:  mtu 65536 qdisc noqueue state UNKNOWN group default qlen 1000
    >     link/loopback 00:00:00:00:00:00 brd 00:00:00:00:00:00
    >     inet 127.0.0.1/8 scope host lo
    >        valid_lft forever preferred_lft forever
    >     inet6 ::1/128 scope host 
    > 2: enp0s3:  mtu 9000 qdisc mq state UP group default qlen 1000
    >     link/ether 02:00:17:00:11:1e brd ff:ff:ff:ff:ff:ff
    >     inet 10.0.0.91/24 brd 10.0.0.255 scope global enp0s3
    >     inet6 fe80::17ff:fe00:111e/64 scope link 
    > 

Your NIC doesn't have the public IPv6 assigned. The instructions said to use DHCP but I think you should look up instructions for setting static IPv6 on Ubuntu instead of following incorrect Centos instructions.

Thanked by 2AXYZE dragon1993
  • dragon1993dragon1993 Member
    edited October 2021

@TimboJones said:
    Your NIC doesn't have the public IPv6 assigned. The instructions said to use DHCP but I think you should look up instructions for setting static IPv6 on Ubuntu instead of following incorrect Centos instructions.

dhclient -6 enp0s3

command never ending.

• After the 30-day trial will Arm-Ampere still be deleted? If so, is there a certain measure for not being delete?

OCI:
    2 AMD based Compute VMs with 1/8 OCPU** and 1 GB memory each.

4 Arm-based Ampere A1 cores and 24 GB of memory usable as one VM or up to 4 VMs.

2 Block Volumes Storage, 200 GB total.

10 GB Object Storage.

10 GB Archive Storage.

Resource Manager: managed Terraform.

5 OCI Bastions.

• @jonatha said:
    After the 30-day trial will Arm-Ampere still be deleted? If so, is there a certain measure for not being delete?

OCI:
    2 AMD based Compute VMs with 1/8 OCPU** and 1 GB memory each.

4 Arm-based Ampere A1 cores and 24 GB of memory usable as one VM or up to 4 VMs.

2 Block Volumes Storage, 200 GB total.

10 GB Object Storage.

10 GB Archive Storage.

Resource Manager: managed Terraform.

5 OCI Bastions.

https://docs.oracle.com/en-us/iaas/Content/FreeTier/freetier.htm
    "Ampere A1 Compute instances are disabled when your trial ends and then deleted (terminated) after 30 days, unless you upgrade to a paid account. "

It was soooooo difficult to find :/// first result from Google..

• @dragon1993 said:

@TimboJones said:

> dhclient -6 enp0s3
    > 

command never ending.

So what did you conclude from that and my quoted advice?

• BTW is there a way to reset your oracle account. Say I created too many firewall rules and subnets and whatnot to mess around, and now I want to restart from a clean state to build to my liking.

• @Excalibur said: BTW is there a way to reset your oracle account. Say I created too many firewall rules and subnets and whatnot to mess around, and now I want to restart from a clean state to build to my liking.

Visit: Governance & Administration > Tenancy Explorer

Delete resources from here & recreate as needed. You can't delete some resources unless you delete sub/tied resources first.

Thanked by 2Excalibur AXYZE
  • Disk IO is limited to 100MB/s, and network speed is limited. UDP seems to be banned!

• rm_rm_ IPv6 Advocate, Veteran

@m247 said: Disk IO is limited to 100MB/s, and network speed is limited.

Demand a refound.

@m247 said: UDP seems to be banned!

Works for me.

• AXYZEAXYZE Member
    edited October 2021

@m247 said:
    Disk IO is limited to 100MB/s, and network speed is limited. UDP seems to be banned!

Meanwhile paid services like Contabo have 4K IO 5.3MB/s and a lot of people says that its fast enough. You have 24GB RAM for free in Ampere instance, just put I/O heavy things on RAM. Network speed on Ampere 2/3/4 cores is 1Gbit... you call that limited?

Also learn to make firewall rules for UDP as many people have Minecraft servers etc. without any problem. Its not blocked.

• @AXYZE said:

@m247 said:
    Disk IO is limited to 100MB/s, and network speed is limited. UDP seems to be banned!

Meanwhile paid services like Contabo have 4K IO 5.3MB/s and a lot of people says that its fast enough. You have 24GB RAM for free in Ampere instance, just put I/O heavy things on RAM. Network speed on Ampere 2/3/4 cores is 1Gbit... you call that limited?

Also learn to make firewall rules for UDP as many people have Minecraft servers etc. without any problem. Its not blocked.

I didn't read Oracle notice when signed up. Chose Tokyo as Home region (Best connection to Vietnam), and never have a chance to use Ampere instance :(

• @giang said:

@AXYZE said:

@m247 said:

I didn't read Oracle notice when signed up. Chose Tokyo as Home region (Best connection to Vietnam), and never have a chance to use Ampere instance :(

Yea... in Asia its nearly impossible to get Ampere :(
    4 cores, 24gb of ram, 1Gbit and 10TB of traffic in Tokyo is soooooo expensive so a lot of people are trying to get it.

Btw I love Vietnam and hopefully will travel there next year (South Korea -> Taiwan -> Vietnam) ♥️
    Vietnamese food is sooo good and I saw a lot of awesome places on YouTube videos. Here in Poland we even have very famous science YouTuber from Vietnam https://youtube.com/c/emcekwadrat which learned us some basic Vietnamese among other things haha

Thanked by 2giang Hotmarer
  • I finally managed to deploy a 4 core 24gig arm VM in us-east with the free. First time resources have been available. #dontreboot

• @lanefu said:
    I finally managed to deploy a 4 core 24gig arm VM in us-east with the free. First time resources have been available. #dontreboot

I think rebooting is fine, just don't delete it as the capacity will go back to pool and will be grabbed even before you can attempt to recreate it.

• @AXYZE said:

@m247 said:

There should be a problem with the route from South Korea to China. UDP is often empty route.

• The resource pools of free accounts and paid accounts are different. Paid accounts can easily get Ampere resources. I just launched two Arm instances in South Korea!

• rm_rm_ IPv6 Advocate, Veteran

@contactwajeeh said: I think rebooting is fine, just don't delete it as the capacity will go back to pool and will be grabbed even before you can attempt to recreate it.

From the VM itself it should be, but better not reboot from the panel.

• wpyogawpyoga Member
    edited October 2021

@dragon1993 said: dhclient -6 enp0s3
    command never ending.

@TimboJones said: Your NIC doesn't have the public IPv6 assigned. The instructions said to use DHCP but I think you should look up instructions for setting static IPv6 on Ubuntu instead of following incorrect Centos instructions.

Actually, the CentOS instructions aren't incorrect but they are a bad pattern :smile:

I've managed to do it the Right Way (TM) a few days ago, and now I've documented it on my blog: https://wpyoga.github.io/blog/2021/10/30/oracle-cloud-instance-ipv6#oracle-linux

The key is to add DHCPv6 service to the firewall:

$ sudo firewall-cmd --add-service=dhcpv6-client

After it works, don't forget to make it permanent.

• @wpyoga said:

@dragon1993 said: dhclient -6 enp0s3
    command never ending.

@TimboJones said: Your NIC doesn't have the public IPv6 assigned. The instructions said to use DHCP but I think you should look up instructions for setting static IPv6 on Ubuntu instead of following incorrect Centos instructions.

Actually, the CentOS instructions aren't incorrect but they are a bad pattern :smile:

I've managed to do it the Right Way (TM) a few days ago, and now I've documented it on my blog: https://wpyoga.github.io/blog/2021/10/30/oracle-cloud-instance-ipv6#oracle-linux

The key is to add DHCPv6 service to the firewall:

$ sudo firewall-cmd --add-service=dhcpv6-client

After it works, don't forget to make it permanent.

I reinstalled the Ubuntut from the older image, then ipv6 works.

• @dragon1993 said:
    I reinstalled the Ubuntut from the older image, then ipv6 works.

I installed the latest Ubuntu 20.04, it works without fiddling with the firewall settings.

• @lanefu said:
    I finally managed to deploy a 4 core 24gig arm VM in us-east with the free. First time resources have been available. #dontreboot

how is maximum boot volume can be deployed?