Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Hosthatch Response time - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Hosthatch Response time

2»

Comments

• From my observation the most cause of ticket long response is language barrier.

• brueggusbrueggus Member, IPv6 Advocate
    edited September 2021

@chocolateshirt said:
    From my observation the most cause of ticket long response is language barrier.

I wouldn't agree. That question shouldn't take a week to answer:

Bild 2021-09-12_20-18n0k9m.png auf abload.de

Most of my tickets have been responded to within minutes or few hours, but some seem to get lost in the void.

• @brueggus said:

@chocolateshirt said:
    From my observation the most cause of ticket long response is language barrier.

I wouldn't agree. That question shouldn't take a week to answer:

Bild 2021-09-12_20-18n0k9m.png auf abload.de

Most of my tickets have been responded to within minutes or few hours, but some seem to get lost in the void.

Thank you for clarifying, that your ticket definitely lost. What I mean is not responding/long response after some ticket reply.

• thuanbuithuanbui Member
    edited September 2021

I am also waiting for response from HostHatch for 6 days and don't know when someone answer my question. The VPS was down for some reason, I just want to know what happened but it seems HH don't know or maybe don't care.

• @thuanbui said:
    I am also waiting for response from HostHatch for 6 days and don't know when someone answer my question. The VPS was down for some reason, I just want to know what happened but it seems HH don't know or maybe don't care.

Most providers don't actually provide reasons for small downtime here and there unless it affected whole nodes... sometimes shit just randomly crashes.

Thanked by 2webcraft dahartigan
  • I'm a new customer of Hosthatch, but I am quite satisfied with their response time for now. I opened about three tickets last month, and they all answered very soon and my questions were solved.

• @thuanbui said:

Why so curious? I mean, what's the use of knowing what the accident is? For instance, if they say it has been an error in their router, there's nothing you can do in the feature to prevent it from happening again. This makes it just a waste of time to update effected customers of this very small downtime. Also they don't provide a SLA thus there's no obligation to share such information.
    I'm a bit surprised (negatively) with how many unjustified request HostHatchs' support is spammed und can just imagine what a queue this will cause on BF. :/

Thanked by 1chocolateshirt
  • thuanbuithuanbui Member
    edited September 2021

@webcraft said:
    Why so curious? I mean, what's the use of knowing what the accident is? For instance, if they say it has been an error in their router, there's nothing you can do in the feature to prevent it from happening again. This makes it just a waste of time to update effected customers of this very small downtime. Also they don't provide a SLA thus there's no obligation to share such information.
    I'm a bit surprised (negatively) with how many unjustified request HostHatchs' support is spammed und can just imagine what a queue this will cause on BF. :/

Why can't I ask if the node went down and my service was affected?
    How can I know if it is a random error happened on the router and nothing prevents it from happening again if the service provide don't tell me?

Thank you for the explanation. Now I know I should ignore any downtime happened and should not bother HostHatch's support again. I am still enjoy their service while it lasts

Thanked by 1nammdp
  • @thuanbui What' your vps location ? I'm in Vietnam and want to buy HH vps in Hogkong location when they offers available.
    See lots of good feedback on LET.

• PieHasBeenEatenPieHasBeenEaten Member, Host Rep

Wow I must be lucky. Never had a problem with them have 2 in Chicago and 2 in NL. All my tickets were answered in an acceptable time frame.

• @thuanbui said: Why can't I ask if the node went down and my service was affected?

How can I know if it is a random error happened on the router and nothing prevents it from happening again if the service provide don't tell me?

Because frankly, that's none of your business. It's an unmanaged server, you handle your end they handle their end.

You have to also understand that the main concern of any level 1 tech support is to get your actual issue resolved, and if there's anything that requires time intensive investigation, that's usually handled on a case-by-case basis by someone else.

Mjjs you expect too much.

Thanked by 2webcraft bulbasaur