Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Suggestions for a US-based host that offers MANAGED VPS and/or Dedicated servers?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Suggestions for a US-based host that offers MANAGED VPS and/or Dedicated servers?

I've just started developing my first website using the BuddyBoss Platform and various other plugins for WordPress, and have been on Vultr HF with RunCloud for a few months now. But I just discovered this world of smaller, more powerful, more affordable hosts through this enormously informative article (https://www.webwhim.co.uk/how-to-select-a-wordpress-hosting-provider/) and am starting to explore the options.

They make a very strong case for MechanicWeb, but I'm curious as to which other hosts are comparable.

It is crucial for me that they will provide sysadmin/server management services for me, as I don't have the skill or time to figure these things out. I've come across all sorts of hosts (RackNerd, HostCram, Nexus Bytes, etc...) by looking through the forums here as well as the LowEndBox "Best" articles. But it appears that most of these simply offer the hardware.

The bulk of my audience will be in Latin America, and perhaps Asia and Africa in the future, so I'd like to have the data center in Los Angeles or Dallas.

I'm currently developing the site, so don't need anything beyond a small shared plan right now. But I'd probably launch the site with a full VPS and I expect I'll need to scale it up to a full dedicated server eventually to handle a large user base and a lot of dynamic data. It seems like AMD Ryzen is the best bet, with 5950X being the top processor at the moment, but I'd be open to other options if the performance/price is good.

Can anyone recommend any other hosts that meet these criteria?

Feel free to ask any questions if I have overlooked anything important. Thanks!

Comments

• What exactly are the criteria, in summary? Maybe they were buried in the large amount of text.

Thanked by 1nickc
  • @tetech said:
    What exactly are the criteria, in summary? Maybe they were buried in the large amount of text.

• Provide server management services (whatever that might entail )
    • Offer a range of plans, from Shared (while I develop my site) to VPS and/or Dedicated Server
    • Ryzen processors - ideally 5950X
  • Why you need a beast for your small shared hosting?

• Highly Recommended - https://www.knownhost.com/

• AbdAbd Member, Patron Provider
    edited September 2021

We can set you up at Los Angeles location on a Ryzen node and scale up resources as per requirements, only except we are not registered in the US.
    Hit me up in PM if this works! :)

• @chocolateshirt said:
    Why you need a beast for your small shared hosting?

I think there's been a miscommunication. I dont need much right now, but will need performance later when the site actually launches. I'd like to get set up with a host now that will allow me to easily expand later. Or, at the very least, know where I'd like to move my hosting to when it comes time to launch.

• @wa44io4 said:
    Highly Recommended - https://www.knownhost.com/

Thank you very much. That does, indeed, look like a good fit for my needs. Their hardware seems much older than MechanicWeb, however.

Are there any other similar ones that you can mention/recommend for me to look into?

• @WebHorizon said:
    We can set you up at Los Angeles location on a Ryzen node and scale up resources as per requirements, only except we are not registered in the US.
    Hit me up in PM if this works! :)

Thanks very much! I'll include you guys in my search/review!