Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Frantech.xyz scam
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Frantech.xyz scam

CalinCalin Member, Patron Provider

Be careful, when reading an e-mail, not to click on anything. It is very important to be careful of other scams, from what I saw a link redirects to a website to reset the password.

I did this topic, because there are many people who lose their accounts due to inattention

Comments

• DPDP Administrator, The Domain Guy

This isn't a scam.

Thanked by 1bdl
  • xyz Perfect TLD for scammers. Francisco really do that?

• Did you tried hetzner.xyz?

• cubebuildercubebuilder Member
    edited September 2021

Bytefend is the one doing this phishing scam.
    They've also been spamming emails and ddosing Francisco.

• @cubebuilder said: Bytefend

it's the one who got banned couple of weeks ago on LET?

• @jenkki said: xyz Perfect TLD for scammers.

How is xyz special in this? It costs almost the same as a .com domain. Any TLD that you don't buy for your "trademark" can be used for this.

Thanked by 1drunkendog
  • FatGrizzlyFatGrizzly Member, Host Rep

@JasonM said: it's the one who got banned couple of weeks ago on LET?

Yep

• @cadddr said:

@jenkki said: xyz Perfect TLD for scammers.

How is xyz special in this? It costs almost the same as a .com domain. Any TLD that you don't buy for your "trademark" can be used for this.

Because 6+ letter domains cost $0.99 to register. Easy to spam and throwaway. Check out 1.111B Class.

Thanked by 1jenkki
  • @JasonM said:

@cubebuilder said: Bytefend

it's the one who got banned couple of weeks ago on LET?

Yea

Thanked by 1JasonM
  • @cadddr said:

You can get. Xyz within 1bucks

• jsgjsg Member, Resident Benchmarker
    edited September 2021

Ridiculous, flagged. I don't think that @Francisco needs shady (or even criminal) tricks, he certainly has enough visibility and (well deserved) attention in the market.

@admins Shouldn't the thread title be changed?

• @Calin can you provide the email headers please?

• vovlervovler Member
    edited September 2021

@jsg said: he certainly has enough visibility

@ 3:48

Thanked by 2jsg Francisco
  • jsgjsg Member, Resident Benchmarker

@vovler said:

@jsg said: he certainly has enough visibility

@ 3:48

[Video]

Yep, good example.

• HarambeHarambe Member, Host Rep

Been tracking these in the Frantech discord. If you get a new one please share: https://buyvm.net/beware-the-moshbear/

The individual is harvesting public emails and then phishing or newsletter bombing people.

There are a number of folks helping report and take these down - the .xyz domain was terminated by Njalla yesterday and Zoho took down the phishing form in record time.

• @dosai said:

@cadddr said:

Because 6+ letter domains cost $0.99 to register. Easy to spam and throwaway. Check out 1.111B Class.

That is only for numbers

• I swear some people just have too much free time

• FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran

Yep, I’ve been very greatful to the helpers on our discord.

the domain for suspended the other day so h r moved to zoho forms. That got suspended very quickly as well.

Hopefully he sees the inside of a federal pound me in the ass prison since I’m sure we’re not the only ones.

Francisco

• @Francisco how does he have a list of customers? Just general listbombing or do you suspect something more nefarious like a data breach?

• @stevewatson301 said:
    @Francisco how does he have a list of customers? Just general listbombing or do you suspect something more nefarious like a data breach?

scraping the internet for breadcrumbs via discord etc

• FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran
    edited September 2021

@stevewatson301 said:
    @Francisco how does he have a list of customers? Just general listbombing or do you suspect something more nefarious like a data breach?

Only emails that he can dig up off public records (users shared their emails in channel, easily findable on github, etc).

There was multiple people that got the resets/newsletter bombs/etc, that aren't even clients of ours (never signed up), they're just in our Discord with their email in profile, or trackable in some way. There was a user yesterday that got a reset on his generic ASN abuse email, one that he never uses on any websites.

We've had a few people freak out swearing to Jesus himself that their email was entirely private and only used on Frantech, only to find it...in their public youtube profile, or github, or the latest, on their RIPE listings.

He's scraped for domains at times, one of my whois protection emails got added to a bunch of newsletters the other day.

Francisco

Thanked by 1adly
  • @SirFoxy said:
    scraping the internet for breadcrumbs via discord etc

@Francisco said:
    We've had a few people freak out swearing to Jesus himself that their email was entirely private and only used on Frantech, only to find it...in their public youtube profile, or github, or the latest, on their RIPE listings.

Bytefend/Limes really has a lot of time to go around reconing people individually... but then waste their investigation on a simple phishing attack.

Thanked by 1adly
  • He ddosed my kvm slice from Fran a week ago because I was talking shit about him...He really is mad

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

@stevewatson301 said:
    @Calin can you provide the email headers please?

Mostly sent from protonmail. I deleted them after making filters but they weren't overly interesting.

• My takeaway from the title of this thread is that Fran is a scammer, without even reading the post..

Thanked by 2Erisa Privacy
  • @dahartigan said:
    My takeaway from the title of this thread is that Fran is a scammer, without even reading the post..

Ban Fran?

• @Privacy said:

@dahartigan said:
    My takeaway from the title of this thread is that Fran is a scammer, without even reading the post..

Ban Fran?

Gotta bust him in a scam first..

Thanked by 1Privacy
  • DPDP Administrator, The Domain Guy

@dahartigan said:

@Privacy said:

@dahartigan said:

Ban Fran?

Or when you see him advertising BuyScam.

Thanked by 1dahartigan
  • @DP said:

@dahartigan said:

@Privacy said:

@dahartigan said:

Ban Fran?

Or when you see him advertising BuyScam.

Haha, at the rate LET is going (hotline/boomer/etc) outright scamming will be a common thing. Scams as a Service.

Thanked by 1DP