Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Huge Packet Loss on this IP - What could be the reason?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Huge Packet Loss on this IP - What could be the reason?

JasonMJasonM Member
edited September 2021 in General

What can be the reason the ping test are returning/showing heavy packet loss on this particular IP of Hetzner? Can anybody please shed some light on this?

http://ping.pe/157.90.5.181

https://ping.sx/ping?t=157.90.5.181

It's @MikePT shared/reseller hosting node in EU.
@vyas11 @bikegremlin - you both have hosting can here, can you please confirm?

Comments

• AbdAbd Member, Patron Provider
    edited September 2021

(that is a Directadmin server I guess ?) It's the CSF firewall limiting pings. Nothing wrong with that.

• @WebHorizon said: (that is a Directadmin server I guess ?) It's the CSF firewall limiting pings. Nothing wrong with that.

yup, its DA.

• edited September 2021

They have BitNinja installed there. Those ping IPs usually greylisted on BitNinja. I have same issue, I though my server were down, but I can still access it from my mobile network. It just that my home IPs greylisted on BitNinja. I ask Miguel to whitelist it and I can aceess my web again from home network.

Thanked by 1JasonM
  • @chocolateshirt said: They have BitNinja installed there. Those ping IPs usually greylisted on BitNinja.

I suppose cloudflare/google/bing IPs are not blacklisted over by bitninja.

• edited September 2021

@JasonM said:

@chocolateshirt said: They have BitNinja installed there. Those ping IPs usually greylisted on BitNinja.

I suppose cloudflare/google/bing IPs are not blacklisted over by bitninja.

It should not be blocked.

Thanked by 1JasonM