Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

OVH SC: KS-1 Available
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

OVH SC: KS-1 Available

mcgreemcgree Member
edited September 2021 in General

Dear user,

Available OVH Servers NOW:

KS-01 Atom™ N2800 [2c / 4t] (1.86 GHz+) / 2 GB DDR3 1066 MHz / 500 GB SATA - Setup/€9.99 - Monthly/€3.99 - Available :) RBX (1H LOW)

CheckServers.OVH / Unsubscribe :(

https://kimsufi.com/en/order/kimsufi.xml?reference=1801sk12

Thanked by 1layc

Comments

• it's only good for seedbox thing.

• N2800? I think it is an Atom D425

• ArkasArkas Moderator

@creep said: it's only good for seedbox thing.

That's what I use mine for.

• Gone

• Thanked by 1citrix
  • @Warkos said:
    N2800? I think it is an Atom D425

It is N2800

• @chocolateshirt said:

@Warkos said:

It is N2800

the KS IPv6 is actually /64 and routable.

Thanked by 1chocolateshirt
  • @Warkos said:

It is "at least" a D425. Sometimes you get the better CPU, possibly more often than not, but D425 is what is listed on the mail availability page. Sometimes you get a drive bigger then the quoted 500GB also. When the drive in mine had difficulty it got replaced by a 2T unit, so aside from the lower RAM mine is now nearly a KS-3!

Thanked by 1Warkos
  • Nice offer, but it's gone.

• @creep said:
    seedbox thing.

Nothing wrong with that, though for only seedbox use you might find other options more cost effective or less limiting if you want to keep hundreds of GB actively seeded.

it's only good for seedbox thing.

Or static web hosting (or mostly static web hosting), personal file sharing (OwnCloud/NextCloud claim to run OK in 512MB RAM and there are lighter-weight options), DNS, basic mail services (it'll not run chunky middle-ware like Zimbra but there are many options that will be happy in a machine like that), ..., and many other useful things if you find those things useful.

Mine is mainly a shared file host for friends/family, and secondary DNS. It has been called upon to do other bits & bobs too, including a little seedboxiness.

You won't want to run a popular dynamic e-commerce site or a game server off one, but there are many things they can do quite acceptably.

• Got bench?

• Damn.. I missed it 😞

• In the time it took you to write all that, they were gone. Unless you had the text all ready to be copied and pasted!

• @scooke said:
    In the time it took you to write all that, they were gone. Unless you had the text all ready to be copied and pasted!

Wasn't even looking for one ATM, though I nearly got one from the knee-jerk reaction (there were some when I first clicked). I need to decide which bits of infrastructure to drop ATM, not buy more!

Other than that, just passing by the thread and responding to a couple of questions/statements.