Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Hostslayer website is not working
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Hostslayer website is not working

Hello,

I did purchase a vps from hostslayer, they didn't provide it, and now the website is not working, I need to avoid charges/automatic payment/renew deduced from my bank account.
do you have a contact for them

Comments

• armandorgarmandorg Member, Host Rep

Hostslayer just got slayed, new deadpool?

Well my recommendation would be to wait it out, maybe it’s just some momentary problem. Did you try contacting them through email?

Thanked by 1chocolateshirt
  • Call your bank? Block card? Set limits?
    Remove paypal agreement?

• VPSSLIMVPSSLIM Patron Provider, Veteran
    edited September 2021

@mimihost said:
    Hello,

I did purchase a vps from hostslayer, they didn't provide it, and now the website is not working, I need to avoid charges/automatic payment/renew deduced from my bank account.

Hi! Can you please send me a PM and I will solve this for you. We are currently working on the website but I can look into your order and VPS setup and handle it for you today.

Alternatively we can cancel the order and refund and cancel the subscription.

Thanked by 1armandorg
  • @armandorg said:
    Hostslayer just got slayed, new deadpool?

Well my recommendation would be to wait it out, maybe it’s just some momentary problem. Did you try contacting them through email?

yes I tried the email is not working too

• @JabJab said:
    Call your bank? Block card? Set limits?
    Remove paypal agreement?

I pay them via my Bank card, I already contact my bank they update that I should remove the subscription from the provider

• @VPSSLIM said:

@mimihost said:
    Hello,

Hi! Can you please send me a PM and I will solve this for you. We are currently working on the website but I can look into your order and VPS setup and handle it for you today.

Alternatively we can cancel the order and refund and cancel the subscription.

Hello,

I sent you a PM, waiting for your answer

• I too am being affected by HostSlayer's website being down. Unlike the OP, I have been with HostSlayer since it was an independent American company, and I have recent content on my server I would prefer not to lose. I tried to reboot my server last week after updating some software, and when it would not reboot on its own, I went to the HostSlayer website to boot it back up, but it was not there. I have been checking every day for it to be back up, and it is still not up.

• @fduniho said:
    I too am being affected by HostSlayer's website being down. Unlike the OP, I have been with HostSlayer since it was an independent American company, and I have recent content on my server I would prefer not to lose. I tried to reboot my server last week after updating some software, and when it would not reboot on its own, I went to the HostSlayer website to boot it back up, but it was not there. I have been checking every day for it to be back up, and it is still not up.

contact @VPSSLIM . he might help you

• contact @VPSSLIM . he might help you

I have, and he hasn't.

• frogfrog Barred
    edited September 2021

@fduniho said:

contact @VPSSLIM . he might help you

I have, and he hasn't.

Contact them through their main website. Hostslayer was a part of hostslim.eu. (Same CoC: 52966887)

The "We are currently working on the website" explanation might be a bit off, because there have not been any DNS records for hostslayer.com for some time and they no longer have a WHMCS license for client.hostslayer.com.

• Contact them through their main website. Hostslayer was a part of hostslim.eu.

I created an account there with the same email address as my HostSlayer account and opened a ticket about this, but I have not gotten a response.

• I contact them on the portal Hostslim, they answered:
    We apologize for the long response time in your case. We have escalated your ticket to the highest priority in the queue. You should be receiving a reply within 24 hours.

We find fast and clear replies important and your ticket has been logged as delayed. We will discuss with our team how this could have happen.

I will ask them for the update

• @mimihost said:
    I contact them on the portal Hostslim, they answered:
    We apologize for the long response time in your case. We have escalated your ticket to the highest priority in the queue. You should be receiving a reply within 24 hours.

We find fast and clear replies important and your ticket has been logged as delayed. We will discuss with our team how this could have happen.

That's good news. It gives me hope that they will eventually pay attention to my ticket. Please let us know how it goes.

• Scam?

• @fduniho said:

@mimihost said:
    I contact them on the portal Hostslim, they answered:

That's good news. It gives me hope that they will eventually pay attention to my ticket. Please let us know how it goes.

they didn't answer me even I asked them for the update, I don't know what to do i need to stop the suscription

• @dahartigan said:
    Scam?

In the way they act, they don't answer they still make the automatic payment so yes they are a scam, I advise you to not deal with them

• @mimihost said:

In the way they act, they don't answer they still make the automatic payment so yes they are a scam, I advise you to not deal with them

I have had hosting from HostSlayer for years. So, it's not a scam. At present, I do not have the option of not dealing with them, because I want to preserve the changes to my site made after my last backup. In the past, I have had to make my payments manually. So, I'm not worried about them charging me for a service they're failing to deliver. I am bothered, though, by this unresponsiveness on their part, and as a new customer, you're probably best off finding another host.

• I need them to answer me to stop my subscription, I ordered a vps still not delivered and i pay for it monthly

• HostSlayer's website is now working again, and I have rebooted my VPS.

• bruh21bruh21 Member, Host Rep

@fduniho said:
    HostSlayer's website is now working again, and I have rebooted my VPS.

i can't believe they didn't just deadpool then and there
    wonder how their site went down for 2 weeks

• For the first time since I've had my HostSlayer account, payment was collected automatically without invoicing me first. So, I'll put off shopping around for a replacement for another year, and I'll see how well HostSlayer holds up in the meantime. If I do want to replace HostSlayer, I'll have to cancel before it's time to collect payment again. Because HostSlayer can prove unreliable at times, I got a second server with another company to make backups to, and I set up a cron job to do a daily backup. I'm also going to make sure to do reboots from the Control Panel and not from Webmin.

• yes they proceed the payment without invoice, and now still not responding, i can not change or delete my info payment card on the portal

• There is an ongoing problem with HostSlayer. While its panel did come back up in September, as I previously reported, HostSlayer's panel and client websites are both down now and have been for a while. Without the panel, I cannot reboot my server, and without being able to do that, I dare not update software on the server.