Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Looking for KVM VPS in Montreal (not OVH)
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Looking for KVM VPS in Montreal (not OVH)

brueggusbrueggus Member, IPv6 Advocate

My Hosterlabs VPS hosted at Hive Data Center, Montreal went offline earlier today and even though it might come back, I've decided to move things due to their recent shenanigans.

Therefore, I'm looking for a replacement hosted in Montreal. I'm not interested in anything hosted at OVH BHS.

Specs:
1 CPU
1 GB RAM
10 GB SSD
500 GB Traffic/mo
1 IPv4, /64 IPv6
~20 USD / year

Thanks!

Comments

• kugyokugyo Member
    edited September 2021

HeavyNode

https://heavynode.com/vps/ryzen-game

However, It is too expensive...

• Maybe @servarica_hani can do something for u. They are in Montreal as well iirc

Thanked by 1servarica_hani
  • https://dedimax.com/en/vps

They do have servers in Beauharnois but I have never used them, maybe someone have experience with them. Also their servers are 2.9 EUR per month.

• @msallak1 said:
    They do have servers in Beauharnois but I have never used them, maybe someone have experience with them. Also their servers are 2.9 EUR per month.

Beauharnois = OVH datacenter, in all likelihood

Thanked by 1msallak1
  • servarica_haniservarica_hani Member, Patron Provider

We are in Montreal and we are not in OVH (we manage our own network and have our own datacenter suite that only have our own racks (no other customers allowed in our suite) )

But the offer here is very hard to match due to it having IPv4
    We usually can do much better resources per $ but we only offer ipv4 with min 4$/m if paid yearly

without IPv4 the offer here can be matched easily

• @Hosterlabs you guys out of business? My VM is down as well as OPs, and ... not looking great :-/

• stdeynastdeyna Member
    edited September 2021

@NobodyInteresting said:
    @Hosterlabs you guys out of business? My VM is down as well as OPs, and ... not looking great :-/

mine down as well, are they deadpooled ?

• @stdeyna said:

@NobodyInteresting said:
    @Hosterlabs you guys out of business? My VM is down as well as OPs, and ... not looking great :-/

mine down as well, are they deadpooled ?

Summer almost ended :)

• Maybe @perennate can come up with something.

• brueggusbrueggus Member, IPv6 Advocate

@servarica_hani said:

We are in Montreal and we are not in OVH (we manage our own network and have our own datacenter suite that only have our own racks (no other customers allowed in our suite) )

I run my backup server with you and I'm very happy with it so far. I'd like to keep my backups separate from all other stuff though.

Thanked by 1servarica_hani
  • Considering the total and complete silence coming from @Hosterlabs - and the fact that it seems like all of their products are down - perhaps @Mods might consider removing their provider tag?

@NobodyInteresting said:
    Considering the total and complete silence coming from @Hosterlabs - and the fact that it seems like all of their products are down - perhaps @Mods might consider removing their provider tag?

We might have an issue here...

Device xxxxxx.brueggus.de recovered from Devices up/down
    Severity: critical
      Time elapsed: 4d 19h 14m 58s
      Timestamp: 2021-09-15 10:14:08
    Unique-ID: 461509
    Rule:   Devices up/down  

Thanked by 1NobodyInteresting
  • @brueggus said:

@NobodyInteresting said:
    Considering the total and complete silence coming from @Hosterlabs - and the fact that it seems like all of their products are down - perhaps @Mods might consider removing their provider tag?

We might have an issue here...

Device xxxxxx.brueggus.de recovered from Devices up/down
    Severity: critical
      Time elapsed: 4d 19h 14m 58s
      Timestamp: 2021-09-15 10:14:08
    Unique-ID: 461509
    Rule:   Devices up/down  

Yup, mine came back as well. Ticket closed with no arguments or replies. Perhaps they don't wanna lose that precious LET tag after all :-)

Although obviously - people need to be wary of such behavior. Not replying to tickets and being absent overall when the host node goes down for a good few days - it is not a great look for the provider at all.

• FAT32FAT32 Administrator, Deal Compiler Extraordinaire

Provider tag removed temporary until they rectify all the issues

@NobodyInteresting said: Yup, mine came back as well. Ticket closed with no arguments or replies.

Same here. And about an hour ago another one went down:

An error occurred processing your request. The host is currently unavailable. Please try again later

Did you notice that "Hosterlabs" yields "Hostsolutions" if you slightly change the order of the letters.

Thanked by 1Falzo
  • and its down again 🙄

Thanked by 1NobodyInteresting
  • @stdeyna said:
    and its down again 🙄

Yup, mine went down as well :neutral:

• bruh21bruh21 Member, Host Rep

is this the unofficial hosterlabs thread?

Thanked by 1yoursunny

@NobodyInteresting said:

@stdeyna said:
    and its down again 🙄

Yup, mine went down as well :neutral:

...aaaaand up!

• Scam.

• @brueggus said:

@NobodyInteresting said:

@stdeyna said:
    and its down again 🙄