Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Looking for personal use VPS to track share prices
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Looking for personal use VPS to track share prices

I'm looking for a VPS for my personal use to track multiple share prices. Currently I'm running in a free tier version in AWS, it has only one core so to run any analysis on multiple shares it takes close to 1-2 minute. Which is huge. If I've multiple cores I can parallelize in Python.
I'm not planning to run any algo trading or website or earn money out of it, it is for my personal data analysis .
The process will be running only during market hours, data volume perday will be maintained at less than 1 GB.
Any good suggestion where I can try and test performance without committing to any billing.

Comments

• Hetznercloud with hourly billing or get a hetzner dedi, they have a promotion right now with no setup fees on most AMD servers and you can cancel before the 14 day period and you dont have to pay anything.

Thanked by 1magesh07
  • I've purchased Alphavps for one month. Lets see how it goes .

• hostcram with i9 world leading speeds at the moment. $3 monthly for an LXC if it suits your needs, especially since it can work in AWS free tier.

Thanked by 1magesh07
  • @magesh07 said:
    The process will be running only during market hours, data volume perday will be maintained at less than 1 GB.
    Any good suggestion where I can try and test performance without committing to any billing.

I am using Racknerd VPS (Chicago location) for streaming chart during trading hours.

Consider any Ryzen based VPS with at least 2 vCPU. Check with @dustinc if they offer any trial VPS.

Thanked by 1magesh07