Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What is better Reseller Hosting or VPS Hosting?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

What is better Reseller Hosting or VPS Hosting?

Hi,
I have question about what's prefer to get best performance from the hosting,
Managed Reseller Hosting or Managed VPS Hosting.
The specs are:
Reseller Account:
100 GB NVMe Storage
2,000 GB Bandwidth
40 cPanel Accounts
Unlimited Domains
Dedicated IPv6
Daily Offsite Backup - 30 backups
1GBit Network Speed
MailChannels
Imunify AV+
Per cPanel account:
2 CPU - AMD Ryzen 9 5950X
3 GB RAM - 3200Mhz ECC DDR4
50 MB/s Disk IO
Entry Processes: 50
Processes: 200

VPS Hosting
150GB Raid-10 NVMe SSD Storage
6 CPU - Ryzen 9 5900X or Intel 2278G
6GB Dedicated RAM (Can upgrade to 8GB RAM)
6TB Premium Bandwidth
1 Dedicated IP
DirectAdmin (unlimited)
XEN Virtualization
Dedicated 1GBit Network Speed (According to hosting provider)

Both with Litespeed, Cloudlinux, Jetbackup, Softaculous.

Most of my websites are developed by Wordpress CMS.
I want the Cloudlinux in the VPS just to isolated the accounts (use the CageFS), or you have other better way to isolate accounts?
Also, what's prefer for better single CPU performance 5900X or 2278G (If I go with VPS).

Regards.

Comments

• if you want to waste money but everything is in your hands, choose VPS.
    but if you want a lot of money left to pay for dating women but it's all limited, choose a reseller.

Thanked by 1dahartigan
  • Honesty go for that shared hosting. 9/10 it's perfect. You will really know when it's time to upgrade...

• @fbmy said:
    if you want to waste money but everything is in your hands, choose VPS.
    but if you want a lot of money left to pay for dating women but it's all limited, choose a reseller.

The price for these plans not much different. (and they both under my monthly budget)

Regards.

• @ChaoscripT said:

@fbmy said:

The price for these plans not much different. (and they both under my monthly budget)

Regards.

Same price? Then go for the VPS and prepare to learn a lot :)

Thanked by 1webcraft
  • @dahartigan said:

@ChaoscripT said:

@fbmy said:

Regards.

Learn? What do you mean? :)

Regards.

• @ChaoscripT said:

@dahartigan said:

@ChaoscripT said:

@fbmy said:

Regards.

Regards.

I mean with a VPS you need to install and configure everything including the web server, security, etc etc and that will come with a learning experience..

Thanked by 1webcraft
  • @dahartigan said:

@ChaoscripT said:

@dahartigan said:

@ChaoscripT said:

@fbmy said:

Regards.

Regards.

I mean with a VPS you need to install and configure everything including the web server, security, etc etc and that will come with a learning experience..

As I mention in the thread, it's gonna be Fully Managed VPS by the hosting provider.

Regards.

• @ChaoscripT said:

@dahartigan said:

@ChaoscripT said:

@dahartigan said:

@ChaoscripT said:

@fbmy said:

Regards.

Regards.

As I mention in the thread, it's gonna be Fully Managed VPS by the hosting provider.

Regards.

True.

• nvmenvme Member
    edited September 2021

Go with managed VPS, you can easily oversell with unlimited DA accounts.

• mustafamw3mustafamw3 Member, Patron Provider
    edited September 2021

Go for reseller , it less pain to manage reseller , also more feature

• @nvme said:
    Go with managed VPS, you can easily oversell with unlimited DA accounts.

I'm not going offer webhosting for customers, it's just for my own websites.

@mustafamw3 said:
    Go for reseller , it less pain to manage reseller , also more feature

Thanks for reply,
    Like which features?
    Which pains I will have for managing VPS?

Regards.

• @ChaoscripT said:

@fbmy said:

Regards.

can i know the respective budget for reseller and vps?

• mustafamw3mustafamw3 Member, Patron Provider

Features like litespeed , jetbackup , mailchannels , you can use these features to advertise and attract clients .
    In vps , you have to do backups by yourself and you don't have cloudlinux , so you can't limit resources (cpu,ram) per user

• In the last case you still need to manage it. Do the updates and so on. The first case if something is wrong just "cry" for help. If you are willing to learn a lot then go to VPS if not go for a reseller account

Thanked by 1fbmy
  • ChaoscripTChaoscripT Member
    edited September 2021

@fbmy said:

@ChaoscripT said:

@fbmy said:

Regards.

Sure,
    Reseller Price - 95 USD
    VPS Price - 120 USD (and can't lower that and go down to 4CPU/4RAM)

@mustafamw3 said:
    Features like litespeed , jetbackup , mailchannels , you can use these features to advertise and attract clients .
    In vps , you have to do backups by yourself and you don't have cloudlinux , so you can't limit resources (cpu,ram) per user

Litespeed, Cloudlinux, Jetbackup already included in the VPS also. (Just without MailChannels).
    I'm not going host any user/customer, this hosting is just for my own websites :)
    VPS backups are taken by hosting provider and I will do backups with Jetbackup to external server.

@eris said:
    In the last case you still need to manage it. Do the updates and so on. The first case if something is wrong just "cry" for help. If you are willing to learn a lot then go to VPS if not go for a reseller account

The VPS is fully managed by the provider, then he will take care for updates etc.
    Sure I want and love to learn about hosting, linux etc.

Regards.

• Different use case.

• @ChaoscripT said:

@fbmy said:

@ChaoscripT said:

@fbmy said:

Regards.

Sure,
    Reseller Price - 95 USD

save your money and choose a custom reseller with nexusbytes @seriesn Or smallweb. ask if there is an additional price for managed. I guess less than $95 per month for that

Thanked by 1webcraft
  • @fbmy said:

@ChaoscripT said:

@fbmy said:

@ChaoscripT said:

@fbmy said:

Regards.

Sure,
    Reseller Price - 95 USD

save your money and choose a custom reseller with nexusbytes @seriesn Or smallweb. ask if there is an additional price for managed. I guess less than $95 per month for that

I assume they have lower cpu models.

I need good performance.

Regards.

• @ChaoscripT said:

I need good performance.

Regards.

Summon @seriesn
    give this person an explanation

• nvmenvme Member
    edited September 2021

@ChaoscripT said:

@fbmy said:

@ChaoscripT said:

@fbmy said:

@ChaoscripT said:

@fbmy said:

Regards.

Sure,
    Reseller Price - 95 USD

I need good performance.

Regards.

Ryzen 5900x is approx ~15% faster than 3900x.
    You can grab VPS from NexusBytes/ BuyVM, they are using Ryzen 3900x + you will get free DA license. And nexus bytes has managed add-on for VPS, which is I think ~$20 per month. You can save half of your monthly budget.

Another thing is, do you really need that many specs?

• skorupionskorupion Member, Host Rep

@nvme said:

@ChaoscripT said:

@fbmy said:

@ChaoscripT said:

@fbmy said:

@ChaoscripT said:

@fbmy said:

Regards.

Sure,
    Reseller Price - 95 USD

I need good performance.

Regards.

You can grab VPS from NexusBytes/ BuyVM, they are using Ryzen 3900x + you will get free DA license. And nexus bytes has managed add-on for VPS, which is I think ~$20 per month. You can save half of your monthly budget.

and @Francisco j think either has free management or 30 bucks per month

Thanked by 1Francisco
  • @nvme said:

What do you mean by many specs?

• how many site are you gonna host

• @cybertech said:
    how many site are you gonna host

Currently have something like 12 websites, but will be more.

Regards.

• @nvme said:

I also need other softwares licenses as well.
    NexusBytes gives shared CPU while other gives Dedicated CPU. (NexusBytes also have dedicated CPU VPS but with much higher price)

Regards.

• For wordpress sites, shared hosting is enough. 1CPU, 1GB RAM is ok for 50,000 daily user site with cache-plugin and 10-15 plugins.

IF you expect more, then you can shift your DB to another cPanel/DA account within your reseller account and allocate another 1CPU and 1 gb RAM to database.

Need more resources? Then shift your example.com/blog/wp-plugin/ files to subdomain with new shared account - you get another 1CPU and 1gb RAM for plugin.

So unless your site is big hit, its a woocommerce site with lakhs of users OR very very busy forum, you don't need a VPS.

But you want to use Angular, Node.js, or some other stuff and apps that may not be suitable for shared environment, then only get a VPS.

• @ChaoscripT said:

@nvme said:

NexusBytes gives shared CPU while other gives Dedicated CPU. (NexusBytes also have dedicated CPU VPS but with much higher price)

Regards.

I doubt you are getting dedicated cores with that $105 plan. Ryzen 5900X supports max 128 GB RAM, so for 6 dedicated CPU cores, you are getting 8 GB RAM.
    So, do you really think their host node has 16 GB RAM, since 5900X has 12 cores? 😀
    Even if those are dedicated threads, it still doesn't add up.

@ChaoscripT said:

@nvme said:

I mean for 12 WP blogs, they will be overkill. Just use LsCache and cloudflare, should be good on small VPS/ good shared hosting as well.

• JasonMJasonM Member
    edited September 2021

@nvme said: I mean for 12 WP blogs, they will be overkill. Just use LsCache and cloudflare, should be good on small VPS/ good shared hosting as well.

Indeed that is overkill for 12 WP blogs. Add opcache and apcu in PHP 7.X and/or docket-cache plugin and WP sites will run super-fast as the DB queries will get cached on disk and php pages will load faster.

• @JasonM said:
    For wordpress sites, shared hosting is enough. 1CPU, 1GB RAM is ok for 50,000 daily user site with cache-plugin and 10-15 plugins.

IF you expect more, then you can shift your DB to another cPanel/DA account within your reseller account and allocate another 1CPU and 1 gb RAM to database.

Need more resources? Then shift your example.com/blog/wp-plugin/ files to subdomain with new shared account - you get another 1CPU and 1gb RAM for plugin.

So unless your site is big hit, its a woocommerce site with lakhs of users OR very very busy forum, you don't need a VPS.

But you want to use Angular, Node.js, or some other stuff and apps that may not be suitable for shared environment, then only get a VPS.

How I can shift the DB to another cPanel account and load it from there? also for the files.

@nvme said:

@ChaoscripT said:

@nvme said:

Regards.

I doubt you are getting dedicated cores with that $105 plan. Ryzen 5900X supports max 128 GB RAM, so for 6 dedicated CPU cores, you are getting 8 GB RAM.
    So, do you really think their host node has 16 GB RAM, since 5900X has 12 cores? 😀
    Even if those are dedicated threads, it still doesn't add up.

@ChaoscripT said:

@nvme said:

I mean for 12 WP blogs, they will be overkill. Just use LsCache and cloudflare, should be good on small VPS/ good shared hosting as well.

So how I can know if I get dedicated CPU for VPS or no?
    I know that most of the providers are write "vCPU", I assume it's shared CPU.

I have some story about the hosting, as I love performance and it's very important for me, I had a hosting before the current one with old CPU, with 3 CPU and 6GB RAM per cPanel account, after I moved the website to my current reseller hosting (with just 2CPU and 3GB RAM) I cut the TTFB for 600ms. (And it's without using LSCache)

Regards.

• @JasonM said:

@nvme said: I mean for 12 WP blogs, they will be overkill. Just use LsCache and cloudflare, should be good on small VPS/ good shared hosting as well.

Indeed that is overkill for 12 WP blogs. Add opcache and apcu in PHP 7.X and/or docket-cache plugin and WP sites will run super-fast as the DB queries will get cached on disk and php pages will load faster.

I use Memcahced with SASL or Redis for DB Cache.
    Opcache is already on by default.
    Use 7.4 by default.