Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

IncogNET - Account credit contest giveaway, spicy deals, new plans. KVM in Finland, Netherlands 🔥
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

IncogNET - Account credit contest giveaway, spicy deals, new plans. KVM in Finland, Netherlands 🔥

MannDudeMannDude Host Rep, Veteran

IncogNET here, happy to offer some great deals for the month of September as well as a fun new contest! We're currently running two active promotions this month, the details which are below, with the contest details right below the promotions:

🔥 SPICY DEALS BELOW 🔥

Deal #1: Save 30% on anything, site-wide when you pay using crypto. This includes our Shared Hosting, our new KVM plans, old plans, whatever. We accept BTC, BCH, DASH, DOGE, ETC, ETH, LTC, OXEN, THETA/TFUEL, XMR and the offer is good for life, recurring for as long as you renew the service.

Just make sure you use the coupon code SEPTCRYPTO when you order through the "Pay with crypto" gateway.

Deal #2: Get a FREE YEAR OF SERVICE when you pay the regular price of any annual service. Most services when paid annually are billed at the monthly rate X10, so you by default you're getting a great deal (two months free). Just contact our sales team or respond to this thread with your order ID and we'll take care of you. (Offer only available for regular price. We will not honor it combined with the above 30% coupon or any other coupon, sorry)

🔥 CONTEST 🔥

After the success of our last contest we've been eager to do something for LET again. This time we've come up with the following prizes to give away:

THE PRIZES
5X lucky winners will win $20 account credit.
2X lucky winners will win $25 account credit
1X lucky winner will win $50 account credit

HOW TO ENTER
Just respond to this thread and tell us why you think about the future of online privacy. It doesn't have to be a long response, even a few words will do. Your response enters you to win.

WANT TO DOUBLE YOUR CHANCE TO WIN? Then have an active service with us, either via a new order (see promotions above) or from a previous order. PM me with your user ID / email we may have on file with you and I'll put you on the list for drawing twice, instead of once.

CONTEST TERMS
Winner is chosen at random. Contest ends in 10 days on 09/14/2021 @ 4:00PM EST and the winners will be announced after that and contacted via PM.

With account credit, you can use it as you see fit. We think you'll be happy with our service so this way you can choose the product or plan that you want.

Our KVM VPS Plans

We have plans ranging from 128MB of RAM up to 20GB. Per the rules we can only list the plans that are $7/mo, $21/qtr, or $84/yr or less so that is all that is shown below. View all of our plans here: https://incognet.io/kvm-vps

KVM-128 KVM-256 KVM-384
vCPU: 1/2 core @ 3.8Ghz vCPU: 1/2 core @ 3.8Ghz vCPU: 1/2 core @ 3.8Ghz
RAM: 128MB RAM: 256MB RAM: 384MB
Disk: 8GB NVMe Disk: 10GB NVMe Disk: 12GB NVMe
IPv4: 1 IP IPv4: 1 IP IPv4: 1 IP
IPv6: /64 block included IPv6: /64 block included IPv6: /64 block included
BW: 1TB/mo @ 1Gbps BW: 1TB/mo @ 1Gbps BW: 1TB/mo @ 1Gbps
50Gbps DDoS Protection 50Gbps DDoS Protection 50Gbps DDoS Protection
Normal Price: $20.00/YR Normal Price: $25.00/YR Normal Price: $30.00/YR
30% Discount: $14.00/YR 30% Discount: $17.50/YR 30% Discount: $21.00/YR
[ORDER WITH CRYPTO] [ORDER WITH CRYPTO] [ORDER WITH CRYPTO]
[ORDER WITH PAYPAL/CARD] [ORDER WITH PAYPAL/CARD] [ORDER WITH PAYPAL/CARD]
KVM-512 KVM-1024
vCPU: 1 cores @ 3.8Ghz vCPU: 1 cores @ 3.8Ghz
RAM: 512MB (0.5GB) RAM: 1024MB (1GB)
Disk: 20GB NVMe Disk: 25GB NVMe
IPv4: 1 IP IPv4: 1 IP
IPv6: /64 block included IPv6: /64 block included
10TB/mo @ 1Gbps 10TB/mo @ 1Gbps
50Gbps DDoS Protection 50Gbps DDoS Protection
Normal Price: $5.00/mo Normal Price: $9.00/mo
Normal Price: $50.00/yr Normal Price: $--.-/YR
30% Discount: $3.50/mo 30% Discount: $6.30/mo
30% Discount: $35.00/YR 30% Discount: $63.00/YR
[ORDER WITH CRYPTO] [ORDER WITH CRYPTO]
[ORDER WITH PAYPAL/CARD] [ORDER WITH PAYPAL/CARD]

Need more resources? Check out the rest of the plans on our site here: https://incognet.io/kvm-vps

Note: Finland is only available as an option on VPS plans with 4GB of RAM or more for the time being.

Looking Glass, Network Info, and FAQ

Netherlands Finland
Worldstream – Naaldwijk, Netherlands Hetzner - Helseinki, Finland
Test IPv4: 23.184.48.5 Test IPv4: 95.216.109.10
Test IPv6: 2602:fd92:509:93da:1:2:3:4 Test IPv6: Unavailable, sorry.
Speed Test: https://lg-nl.incognet.io/100MB.test Speed Test: https://lg-fin.incognet.io/100MB.test
Looking glass: https://lg-nl.incognet.io/ Looking glass: https://lg-fin.incognet.io/

Frequently Asked Questions:

• Refunds? - First 48 hours only, and not for crypto. Sorry.
  • Can I host adult content? - Legal adult content is fine.
  • Can I host a Tor Exit? - Sure, just have a strict exit policy and follow our guidelines here: https://incognet.io/tor-exits
  • Can I host an I2P Router? - Yeah, of course. We love I2P. We recommend I2P+ and here is a guide: https://incognet.io/i2p-routers (But Vanilla I2P or any variation is cool)
  • What crypto do you accept? - BTC, BCH, DASH, DOGE, ETC, ETH, LTC, OXEN, THETA/TFUEL, XMR. We prefer BTC, XMR, and LTC but we'll take whatever of the above is convenient for you.
  • Can I do ____ or use a server for ____? - Review our Terms: https://incognet.io/legalstuff We have zero tolerance on network abuse or spam. Just because we respect your privacy doesn't mean we let you do whatever you want.
  • Hetzner - Yeah yeah, we know. Already seeking a new Finnish based upstream to grow our presence there. For now we'll focus on Netherlands and the USA expansion.

About IncogNET LLC

• Business Legal Name: IncogNET LLC (docs)
  • Registration Date: 04/21/2021 (I got the 'all clear' to post annual deals first)
  • Business Address: 30 N. Gould Street, STE 4000, Sheridan, WY 82801
  • Business Phone: 1-307-201-2591
  • Business Email: company[AT]incognet[dot]io (Public PGP key)

What should I choose you over anyone else?

This is where I usually ramble on, but to put it plainly: We respect your privacy and wish to normalize privacy for the masses. We sponsor a handful of privacy related projects ( Some can be viewed here: https://incognet.io/privacyprojects ).

We don't require Personal Identifiable Information because we don't need it. We're not going to write you a handwritten letter on your birthday or give you a phone call on Christmas. We don't want that information. Companies as big as Google, Facebook, T-mobile and more have all suffered breaches where your information is made public. Hosting providers, big and small, have suffered similar situations. Do you even know how many people have access to your private information? How many hosting providers do you do business with? How many employees or staff, outsourced or in-house can review your data?

With us, you can register with an alias and any email address of your choosing. Our unofficial motto is, "We can't share what we do not know" and that's something we think is important in this day and age. We have a strong commitment for supporting and promoting privacy and believe freedom of expression is a right that should be available to everyone.

Company Roadmap / Future Plans

• We're currently testing a Dallas, TX based provider and hope to offer KVM Virtual Servers out of Texas as well as our Shared Hosting service by the end of the year.

• Due to major IPv4 price increase via Hetzner, we're looking for a new upstream in Finland. Existing stock in Finland is limited only to larger plans as a result. We'll be seeking a DC where we can colocate owned gear directly. No ETA on this.

• We'll be adding Yggdrasil Network mirroring as part of the opt-in offering to have shared hosting websites mirrored through Tor and I2P. I've done some limited testing and it works, but want to test it more.

• Updates to our anycast DNS over Tor setup that the VPN network uses. This is to increase the capacity and capability of the setup.

• Domain names with built-in DNS management through WHMCS. Private registration with DNS management under one roof. ETA, end of year.

Thanked by 2ChrisMiller default

Comments

• MannDudeMannDude Host Rep, Veteran

To kick off the contest:

What do you think about the future of online privacy?

It's a vague question with the intention of encouraging some discussion. Let's see what you all come up with.

• @MannDude said: It's a vague question with the intention of encouraging some discussion. Let's see what you all come up with.

Online privacy is already a huge pain in the ass - any attempt to not be covered in marketing, ads, and spam gets you banned. Turning on Firefox's resistFingerprinting blocks you from most major sites, and virtually all big merchants will flag you for fraud simply for doing this.

I really fucking hate that I can't buy from target or walmart with adblock on (easyprivacy list), because it blocks their extremely abusive trackers that fingerprint you, port scan your network, try to load flash, vlc, and enumerate plugins.

It's probably only going to get worse, especially since an ad company controls the vast majority of the browser world. I don't care so much if you're strictly processing my stuff for business purposes, but this is clearly not business purposes. If you buy a ticket from ticketmaster, or a used item from dailysteals, your data gets sent to hundreds of third parties on the final checkout/confirmation page purely for ad purposes. There's no opt out.

Thanked by 1MannDude
  • @MannDude said:

Briefly, I think the future of online privacy is in serious jeopardy. We basically have none now, as everyone's every online actions are being tracked all the time.

Thanked by 1MannDude
  • I'm happy to see some true potato KVM's around (under 256MB). I might buy one to idle.

Thanked by 1dimqua

@Privacy said:
    I'm happy to see some true potato KVM's around (under 256MB). I might buy one to idle.

Most people wwwaaayyy overestimate their needs. For those who know you don't need a 2GB box to run a LEMP stack or Wireguard, they're the perfect match.

• @MannDude said: Most people wwwaaayyy overestimate their needs. For those who know you don't need a 2GB box to run a LEMP stack or Wireguard, they're the perfect match.

You're right, that's why I'm glad to see some true potato KVM offerings. It's hard to find a KVM under 512MB these days. The kernel doesn't use that much RAM...

Thanked by 1MannDude
  • ArkasArkas Moderator

What online privacy? Haven seen that since the late 90s...

Thanked by 1MannDude
  • HarambeHarambe Member, Host Rep

@MannDude said: What do you think about the future of online privacy?

All your communication will be secure and remain private between you, the person/service you're connecting to, and the NSA. Just how god intended.

Thanked by 2adly MannDude

@Harambe said:

@MannDude said: What do you think about the future of online privacy?

All your communication will be secure and remain private between you, the person/service you're connecting to, and the NSA. Just how god intended.

Considering what all was revealed in the Snowden days, makes you wonder what their capabilities are now.

• dimquadimqua Member
    edited September 2021

The majority of people do not care about online privacy much, they are completely fine with being tracked. For them the future is fine as they literally have "nothing to hide" on the Internet. But if you aren't one of those people, you should probably prepare for the worst. It's possible that in the future no one will be able to get any online privacy whatsoever... Today users who want it hard enough still can have at least some level of online privacy. Privacy isn't an absolute state, it's a degree.

Thanked by 1MannDude
  • PrivacyPrivacy Member
    edited September 2021

@dimqua said: The majority of people do not care about online privacy much, they are completely fine with being tracked. For them the future is fine as they literally have "nothing to hide" on the Internet. But if you aren't one of those people, you should probably prepare for the worst. It's possible that in the future no one will be able to get any online privacy whatsoever... Today users who want it hard enough still can have at least some level of online privacy. Privacy isn't an absolute state, it's a degree.

Privacy doesn't exist online. You could use Qubes+Whonix but at the end of the day, you're still entrusting your data with a Tor exit operator or a VPN provider and your data is only as cryptographically secure as the protocol it was originally being sent over. Security, is another matter.

Thanked by 1MannDude
  • @Privacy said:
    Privacy doesn't exist online.

It all depends on your needs. If you don't do illegal things, you probably have no reason to be completely private (or even anonymous) on the Internet. But it doesn't mean that you want to be tracked. It's not all or nothing IMHO.

Thanked by 1MannDude
  • skorupionskorupion Member, Host Rep

future of online privacy is going to be split in two:
    Those who want privacy will use special operating systems, apps, things like tor. And the ly are going to get their privacy.

And those who simply don't care. They won't have to get or use anything special.

Thanked by 1MannDude
  • zhizhi Member
    edited September 2021

I have some cryptocurrencies, such as BTC, ETH, XMR.
    I used eth to recharge porkbun for the first time.
    But their prices are too unstable. After one or two months of payment, eth price has doubled.

If the transaction fee is reduced, I would be happy to use cryptocurrency.

@dimqua said:

@Privacy said:
    Privacy doesn't exist online.

It all depends on your needs. If you don't do illegal things, you probably have no reason to be completely private (or even anonymous) on the Internet. But it doesn't mean that you want to be tracked. It's not all or nothing IMHO.

Exactly. At the end of the day it's all about risk assessment. Are you trying to stay anonymous online because you don't want to feed useful data to algorithms that exist to help developers increase your engagement on social media or to increase advertising relevancy? Are you wanting to stay private because you're at work, and you're goofing off online instead of working on that report? Are you some dude who posts spicy political memes? Or an activist who is fed up and wanting to organize an event? A journalist with a hot-source who is ready to spill something big? A citizen of a government who assigns a rank/score to your worth?

There are a ton of reasons why someone may want to be anonymous online, and not all have to do with anything criminal.

@zhi said: If the transaction fee is reduced, I would be happy to use cryptocurrency.

Network fees or fees placed by the crypto merchant account that the providers use? We also accept off-the-record crypto payments for those who request it, but it'd likely turn into some sort of a bookkeeping nightmare if we did it for everyone.

Thanked by 1zhi
  • Online privacy is a myth

Thanked by 1MannDude
  • There is no privacy - imagine publicly posting your order/invoice numbers for double bandwidth that you will never use. Oh wait /s

@JabJab said:
    There is no privacy - imagine publicly posting your order/invoice numbers for double bandwidth that you will never use. Oh wait /s

Your privacy has been doubled.

Thanked by 3plumberg JabJab taizi
  • JioJio Member
    edited September 2021

@JabJab said: There is no privacy - imagine publicly posting your order/invoice numbers for double bandwidth that you will never use. Oh wait /s

which is why this is one of the few that offer same deal: "Just contact our sales team or respond to this thread with your order ID" if you do not post your order id :)

i'm not customer but i do appreciate that you allow the option to just submit a ticket instead of publicly posting it

Thanked by 2MannDude bulbasaur

The purpose of other providers asking for invoice or customer ID in public is to bump their sales thread. I figured it'd be better to ask for discussion instead.

Plus you can determine sales numbers and growth, to a degree, from such info... and quite frankly thats no ones business.

• @MannDude said: and quite frankly thats no ones business

Some might say, it is private information. B)

Thanked by 1MannDude
  • extreme conspiracy theory time

man dude is asking for discussion here and doubling your chances of winning if you provide invoice id so that they can worry less about not asking for personal information and troublesome customers, because they can just see if you are a terrible poster on LET and constantly asking for warez and pirated windows and can fire you as a bad customer

Thanked by 2MannDude ChrisMiller
  • @MannDude said:
    To kick off the contest:

It's a vague question with the intention of encouraging some discussion. Let's see what you all come up with.

Everyone collects too much information just because they can and it’s the done thing. Providers here and in the industry in general are just guilty as the big data guzzlers, just indirectly so.

I mean why are most providers collecting phone numbers? I’ve never once received a call from a provider. 90% of the time it’s because it’s on the WHMCS/billing system form. At no point have they analysed what data they require and can justify it.

Personally, as a provider, I’d look at the minimum data set that can be collected to achieve what is required by law. That way I minimise the risk of personal data being leaked, and I reduce compliance costs. 🤷‍♂️

Thanked by 1MannDude

@Jio said:
    extreme conspiracy theory time

man dude is asking for discussion here and doubling your chances of winning if you provide invoice id so that they can worry less about not asking for personal information and troublesome customers, because they can just see if you are a terrible poster on LET and constantly asking for warez and pirated windows and can fire you as a bad customer

That's just the ivermectin talking. 🐴

• @MannDude said: The purpose of other providers asking for invoice or customer ID in public is to bump their sales thread. I figured it'd be better to ask for discussion instead.

Plus you can determine sales numbers and growth, to a degree, from such info... and quite frankly thats no ones business.

Ahem... Boomer-...

• Online privacy is like the American dream.

Thanked by 1MannDude
  • I feel that most people do not care about privacy

Thanked by 1MannDude
    edited September 2021

@adly said:

@MannDude said:
    To kick off the contest:

Everyone collects too much information just because they can and it’s the done thing. Providers here and in the industry in general are just guilty as the big data guzzlers, just indirectly so.

I mean why are most providers collecting phone numbers? I’ve never once received a call from a provider. 90% of the time it’s because it’s on the WHMCS/billing system form. At no point have they analysed what data they require and can justify it.

Personally, as a provider, I’d look at the minimum data set that can be collected to achieve what is required by law. That way I minimise the risk of personal data being leaked, and I reduce compliance costs. 🤷‍♂️

This is the information we require during user registration. This screenshot is from our portal:

As far as fraudulent charges go, we only accept crypto and PayPal / cards through PayPal and PayPal has their own systems in place to protect against fraud. I don't really see a need or a point to collect anything else. I already get complaints because of the email requirement, but until WHMCS can reliably send you Jabber/XMPP/I2PChat/ZeroMail/obscure-thing-no-one-uses-often notifications to let you know you have a due invoice or something then that feature is sort of going to stick. Can always use a throwaway. I don't consider email to be PII since you can create one in many different places without PII verification.

Thanked by 1adly
  • yoursunnyyoursunny Member, IPv6 Advocate

the future of online privacy

Online privacy cannot be assured.
    Most users do not have the capability to understand the crypto protocols and their implementations.
    They look for the buzzword "end to end encryption" without thinking about how the keys were generated and distributed.
    They get the impression of privacy, not real privacy.

Thanked by 1MannDude