Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Viasky.co dedicated server review (bad)
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Viasky.co dedicated server review (bad)

afnafn Member
edited September 2021 in Reviews

Hey there,

I recently came across a company called viasky.co. They had good priced dedicated servers in France (online) and in the Netherlands.

I ordered a dedicated server: France Dedicated Server - Server- FRA 2, for €36,99EUR (comes with 32GB of ram).

I was told they offer no KVM for me to install my OS but they can install any OS I want. I asked for Window server in the checkout page, a few hours later I received login info to the server via RDP. Windows was already activated (weird? Normally I would not expect them to give free licence!) and I found a couple of unprofessional software installed already like Internet Download manager, it sounded a bit weird to me.
The CPU performance was very poor and I tried some video editing/processing and the encoding process was way too slow for what I expected from the CPU (even slower than my hetzner with i7-2600).
When I checked the server I had 64 Gigs of ram, I told their support they gave me extra 32 GB of RAM, it was literally removed in 1 minute during the chat. This was a huge a RED FLAG to me as they can’t remove physical ram from a dedicated server in 1 minute, I knew it was a VPS, I asked the person in the chat how they removed RAM this fast, she replied “sorry I can not give further details via chat please open a ticket”. I navigated a bit in the server to double check and I confirmed what was delivered is actually a VPS and not a dedicated server.

Some other red flags:
The disk is supposed to be 2TB, the server shows 1843GiB, but it's supposed to show 1862GiB, the 19migs of difference show someone did the calculation and allocated the 2TB manually from a larger drive.
Crystal disk info shows disk not found, this is a common behavior that happens with crystal disk info when trying to run through virtualization (like with VMware, etc).

When I contacted support, they admitted and said they have no dedis yet, “they’re coming soon”. They offered a refund and asked me to give them a positive review on trustedpilot.com, I refused their request for a positive review as they didn’t deserve one and told them I will be nice enough not to post any negative reviews. The service disappeared from my account and I thought the problem was solved so I honored my word and considered it just an “honest” mistake.
One month later, I was charged for renewal of the cancelled service via PayPal. Contacted their support they refused to give me a refund and claimed I had the server for a second month, but there was no invoice for the second month! Luckily, I was able to get my money back thanks to PayPal.

Tl;dr: don’t buy from them. They seem nice when you contact them for pre-sales question, but they suck after you buy.

Thanked by 2Lucifer995 JasonM

Comments

• stefemanstefeman Member
    edited September 2021

The owner is from Germany and historically has had problems understanding difference between Dedicated Server and RootServer and KVM VPS.

According to his understanding, anything is a dedicated server (Rootserver[KVM VPS]) for as long as it has equivalent resources to a complete machine. He does this in order to combat abuse so he can access the customer's machine when needed to monitor the files and processes.

Overall, the provider has horrible practices and misleading product titles. Similar how Oliver at Livingbots used to be.

Viasky used to be a known DDoS host with their NL servers before Serverius stopped spoofing at late 2020, and this owner specifically did nothing to combat the abuse, but was even advertised by instagram kids for spoof hosting. Their NL servers were constantly sold out due to this fact.

Thanked by 1afn
  • One month later, I was charged for renewal of the cancelled service via PayPal. Contacted their support they refused to give me a refund and claimed I had the server for a second month, but there was no invoice for the second month! Luckily, I was able to get my money back thanks to PayPal.

You can only be charged automatically if you had setup a subscription with them. Majority of the hosts leave the burden of cancelling subscriptions on you, keep that in mind for next time you cancel a service you setup a subscription for.

• afnafn Member
    edited September 2021

@sunnyg said: You can only be charged automatically if you had setup a subscription with them

Personally, I never had to cancel any subscriptions myself. All other hosting providers (and other services) always cancelled it automatically or at least refunded the extra payments if any.

Even if it was on me to cancel the subscription, this does not justify:
    1- the fact they refused to refund the additional month after they agreed to cancel the service (they never delivered)
    2- the fact that Angelina S. lied in the support ticket twice, first time she said "they credited the amount to my wallet" which I refused and also there was no credit in the wallet and the second lie was telling me that the service was still active for the 2nd month even though it was not (IP was not even reachable, no new invoice generated and the service was not even listed under my account).

Not cancelling the auto-payment, is called "laziness" not refunding an autopayment in such situation is called "Theft".

• So you paid a Greek dude named Davood Abid. :smiley:

• I mostly got a server from them, until this

• @frog said:
    So you paid a Greek dude named Davood Abid. :smiley:

indeed. That's the name of the owner and the name they use for their PayPal account.

• Hes banned from PayPal due to chargebacks, so he uses mule accounts and fake names anyway.

• Lucifer995Lucifer995 Member
    edited October 2021

Hi, i know this post is old but i think it's important that i share my experience with them with people who are thinking of buying their services. I was renting a cloud dedicated server from them and it was often offline, they didn't deliver promised windows license or cpanel. After cancelation of product they still charged me for another month and refused to give a refund.

• afnafn Member

same copy-pasted reply I got on my ticket from the same Angelina.

@Lucifer995 , Ctrl+P, save PDF, open a PayPal case, get your money back. Do not bother with these ugly souls at viasky, there is something inherently wrong with them and their ethics.

• @afn said:
    same copy-pasted reply I got on my ticket from the same Angelina.

@Lucifer995 , Ctrl+P, save PDF, open a PayPal case, get your money back. Do not bother with these ugly souls at viasky, there is something inherently wrong with them and their ethics.

Yeah, dispute of payment didn't go so well. I mean it's not a large amout, not that big of dael but still. it's a scam.

• afnafn Member

@Lucifer995 you probably did something wrong in the PayPal case, not providing proof, or explaining the situation clearly, you can always appeal the decision (ideally over phone)

If the service was really cancelled, and you were still charged for it, you won't have an invoice for the new month, but Paypal still sends them the money. In this case Paypal will be happy to refund you.