Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

[VPSDime] - 6GB Memory / 30GB Space / 2TB Traffic / OpenVZ in Incero (Dallas, TX) for $7/month
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

[VPSDime] - 6GB Memory / 30GB Space / 2TB Traffic / OpenVZ in Incero (Dallas, TX) for $7/month

serverianserverian Member
edited September 2013 in Offers

After an closed alpha and open beta tests with 72 beta testers, we are launching our new brand and product, VPSDime.

The Website

http://vpsdime.com

The Plan

• OpenVZ Virtualization
  • 4 vCPU
  • 6GB Memory
  • 30GB HDD (RAID10 with 10K Drives)
  • 2TB Monthly Traffic Limit
  • 4Gbps Uplink (4 x 1Gbps Load Balanced)
  • 1 IPv4 Address
  • No IPv6 at the moment
  • Located in Dallas, TX in Incero's facility

The Purchase Link

https://vpsdime.com/cart.php?a=add&pid=1

The Network Tests

The Node Specs

• Dual E5 2620 CPU
  • 384GB Memory
  • 8 x 10K Drives RAID10

The AUP

We do not allow

• BitTorrent
  • TOR
  • Public VPNs/Open Proxies
  • MineCraft Servers
  • CamFrog
  • Digital Currency Mining
  • llegal activity (SPAM, Port Scanning, DoS, etc.)

We do allow

• IRC
  • Other gameservers such as steam
  • Legal Adult

Can I get more _____?

No, however, we can combine 2 plans together.

Comments

• agoldenbergagoldenberg Member, Host Rep

Site seems to be down.

• @agoldenberg said:
    Site seems to be down.

Yeah, it looks like a small DoS that's mitigated now.

• Moved to offers section.

• @Spirit said:
    Moved to offers section.

Ops, I always do this mistake. Sorry about it!

• I'm very skeptical about this. How can you profit from this?

• blackblack Member
    edited September 2013

"Node Specs - 384GB Memory" on OpenVZ

That's how.

• @kontam said:
    I'm very skeptical about this. How can you profit from this?

Memory is cheap nowadays. Please check the prices on superbiiz! :)

• wish you success

• It seems the plan made someone unhappy. We are receiving DDoS to our website (which is located in some other provider)

• @serverian said:

• 2TB Monthly Traffic Limit

Website shows "1TB Traffic Limit" what is correct?

• @LES said:
    Website shows "1TB Traffic Limit" what is correct?

2TB is correct. I've fixed the website.

• The website is down?

• Nice to see an offer from the domain picked from my domain thread.. All the best @serverian

• @dhamaniasad said:
    The website is down?

Yes, it was down. It seems things are fixed now. It's up now.

• LucashayesLucashayes Member
    edited September 2013

@serverian said:
    Yes, it was down. It seems things are fixed now. It's up now.

Yea it's up, but very very slow lol

Edit: seems good now.

• Wonder what HostDime, who also sells VPS, will think about the name VPSDime.

• c0yc0y Member
    edited September 2013

@MrObvious said:
    Wonder what HostDime, who also sells VPS, will think about the name VPSDime.

It doesn't matter what they think, but what they can legally do against it, which is... Nothing

• SpiritSpirit Member
    edited September 2013

@Frost said:
    It doesn't matter what they think, but what they can legally do against it, which is... Nothing

Unfortunately Nick didn't think that way when he recieved DMCA notice from "Rackspace" (http://www.trademarkia.com/fanatical-76659587.html) who forced him to change FanaticalVPS name into something other. It can be damn expensive for small business to fight own case against bigger players.

• Offer to sell them the domain and just buy a new one. Win/win more or less. It'd be funny to see hostdime to claim to own the word "dime" though.

• I was on the beta, this service rocks! And it's @serverian so you know it'll be good.
    Network was blisteringly fast!

• @serverian btw I got two "New VPS Information" emails 4 minutes apart (Exactly the same). Might want to check into that so you're not wasting Mandrill free credits lol.

• @Spirit said:
    Unfortunately Nick didn't think that way when he recieved DMCA notice from "Rackspace" (http://www.trademarkia.com/fanatical-76659587.html) who forced him to change FanaticalVPS name into something other. It can be damn expensive for small business to fight own case against bigger players.

Because that's trademarked, "dime" isn't trademarked (I believe "hostdime" is though)

• Really a great offer.
    I wish you sucess, too, @serverian
    For me, you have the best options to KVM and now to OPENVZ.
    :)

• Have any vswap? or can we adjust it like 3gb ram+3gb vswap?

• SpiritSpirit Member
    edited September 2013

This part is covered by UDRP. In order to prevail, the trademark owner must show that they owns a trademark (either registered or unregistered) that is the same or confusingly similar to the registered second level domain name.
    I am not a lawyer but If I remember correct from my old "domain years" trademark owner can build a stong udrp case against competitor with confusingly similar name. And now if you have money to fight case...

(I am not saying that something will actually happens. I hope not. But I disagree that competition can't open legal case and even if they lose defending case can cost a lot of money.)

• albertdbalbertdb Member
    edited September 2013

@serverian Can I get network capped to 2Mbps after using the 2TB traffic? Suspending a VPS is not nice for the customer.

• big chick lays more bigger eggs. E5 2620 wtih 384GB... lol. see you cry babies later.~

• @kyaky said:
    big chick lays more bigger eggs. E5 2620 wtih 384GB... lol. see you cry babies later.~

Wut.

• For the record, we have contacted HostDime about the name and they said it's okay for us to use it. I have it written. So, don't worry!

• GunterGunter Member
    edited September 2013

I'm curious as to how this will match up with Overzold.