Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Introducing Singapore - deploy fast, consistently performing NVMe KVM servers - Page 5
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Introducing Singapore - deploy fast, consistently performing NVMe KVM servers

Comments

• @codelock said:

@mrlongshen said:
    Please sold to me who use it for idling. LoL

Sell*

Thanks. Sorry. 🥲

• @rattlecattle said:

@dosai said: I assigned one of the ipv6 and clicked reconfigure. Internet is cut off entirely, opened a ticket.

You should be able to access it from the VNC Console.

Anyway, the IPv6 management buttons on the HH panel seems to be buggy in the sense not all IPv6 address from the assigned subnet can be added. The "Add" button gets deactivated. Was able to get around the issue by manually editing the HTML and removing the offending code.

Yeah, can access only via vnc console. It was all fine before ipv6 was assigned.

@stvna said:

@dosai said:

@stvna said:

@add_iT said:
    IPv6 has been assigned, but still not working yet

maybe misconfiguration interfaces?

@brueggus said:

I also can't reach the IPv6 gateway mentioned in their panel from my VM.

Does IPv4 work for you? I get weird ICMP Redirect messages to some external IP from their router which break IPv4 connectivity as well.

Yeah same here, IPv6 still not working yet

Not sure regarding the IPv4. I can try it though if you show me how do you test it

I assigned one of the ipv6 and clicked reconfigure. Internet is cut off entirely, opened a ticket.

Ohh I did clicked on reconfigure as well, failed message pop up afterwards couldn't remember exactly what it was but i still have my IPv4 connection.

Lost ipv4 as well, waiting for ticket response.

• DPDP Administrator, The Domain Guy

I think I might have found the problem here with the IPv6 in SG.

I'm not sure about everyone else but it seems like I've been assigned the wrong subnet.

2406:ef80:1::/48 is the subnet for HK whereas the subnet for SG seems to be 2406:ef80:2::/48 and also where you have the corresponding gateway details from that range as seen in the panel.

Thanked by 2dosai xms
  • wishing for low end specs, say 256mb ram and same bw half the price of 1 GB and with double everything if paid biennially

• @drakula said:
    wishing for low end specs, say 256mb ram and same bw half the price of 1 GB and with double everything if paid biennially

Keep wishing; won't happen per previous comments.

• @drakula said:
    wishing for low end specs, say 256mb ram and same bw half the price of 1 GB and with double everything if paid biennially

You could buy a NAT VPS for that price, or maybe Gullo OVZ7 in Singapore, 512 MB ram for less than $15 per yr if I am not mistake

@DP said:
    I think I might have found the problem here with the IPv6 in SG.

I'm not sure about everyone else but it seems like I've been assigned the wrong subnet.

2406:ef80:1::/48 is the subnet for HK whereas the subnet for SG seems to be 2406:ef80:2::/48 and also where you have the corresponding gateway details from that range as seen in the panel.

# ping6 google.com
    PING google.com(si-in-f138.1e100.net (2404:6800:4003:c04::8a)) 56 data bytes
    64 bytes from si-in-f138.1e100.net (2404:6800:4003:c04::8a): icmp_seq=1 ttl=106 time=1.35 ms
    64 bytes from si-in-f138.1e100.net (2404:6800:4003:c04::8a): icmp_seq=2 ttl=106 time=1.39 ms
    64 bytes from si-in-f138.1e100.net (2404:6800:4003:c04::8a): icmp_seq=3 ttl=106 time=1.55 ms

Voila.

Thanked by 1xms
  • cybertechcybertech Member
    edited August 2021

this is OOT but good for reference, made a ticket just now for IPv6 on LAX, got assigned in 5 minutes.

thats 5 minutes yall.

Thanked by 1the_doctor
  • @cybertech said:
    this is OOT but good for reference, made a ticket just now for IPv6 on LAX, got assigned in 5 minutes.

thats 5 minutes yall.

Yeah @hosthatch are quite good. V. v. happy with my Black Friday VPS's.

Thanked by 1cybertech
  • @dosai said:

@rattlecattle said:

@dosai said: I assigned one of the ipv6 and clicked reconfigure. Internet is cut off entirely, opened a ticket.

Anyway, the IPv6 management buttons on the HH panel seems to be buggy in the sense not all IPv6 address from the assigned subnet can be added. The "Add" button gets deactivated. Was able to get around the issue by manually editing the HTML and removing the offending code.

Yeah, can access only via vnc console. It was all fine before ipv6 was assigned.

@stvna said:

@dosai said:

@stvna said:

@add_iT said:

@brueggus said:

Does IPv4 work for you? I get weird ICMP Redirect messages to some external IP from their router which break IPv4 connectivity as well.

Not sure regarding the IPv4. I can try it though if you show me how do you test it

I assigned one of the ipv6 and clicked reconfigure. Internet is cut off entirely, opened a ticket.

Ohh I did clicked on reconfigure as well, failed message pop up afterwards couldn't remember exactly what it was but i still have my IPv4 connection.

This was fixed by using dhcp, thanks to @DP

Thanked by 1DP

@dosai said:

@dosai said:

@rattlecattle said:

@stvna said:

@dosai said:

@stvna said:

@add_iT said:

@brueggus said:

This was fixed by using dhcp, thanks to @DP

You're most welcome.

I hope your confidence has been doubled.

Thanked by 1dosai
  • Is it possible to get a Singapore server now? The promo seems to be over and I can't choose Singapore in the web.

Thanks

• @echo09 said:
    Is it possible to get a Singapore server now? The promo seems to be over and I can't choose Singapore in the web.

Thanks

Did you read the first post?

Thanked by 1dosai
  • @chocolateshirt said:

@echo09 said:
    Is it possible to get a Singapore server now? The promo seems to be over and I can't choose Singapore in the web.

Thanks

Did you read the first post?

Scold him pls 😄

Thanked by 1chocolateshirt
  • jon617jon617 Veteran
    edited August 2021

I have a ticket open with HH. Similar network issues others experienced.

@DP said: I think I might have found the problem here with the IPv6 in SG.

Once IPv6 was assigned, all networking died shortly after boot. Was obvious the assigned v6 subnet was wrong, but IPv4 also died.

IPv4 works for about 10 min after each boot, then dies. Behaves as if there's a an IP conflict on the switch. Hosthatch tech support re-assigned a correct IPv6 subnet, but, still network problems.

@dosai said: This was fixed by using dhcp

DHCP... just tried switching the OS from static to DHCP, but no help. IPv4 works for about 10 minutes after boot, then dies. Just like static IP. IPv6 is fully disabled in the OS. All problems started after IPv6 was assigned.

@jon617 said: switching from static to DHCP, but that was no help. IPv4 works for about 10 minutes after boot, then dies

Is this a freshly installed server?

Mind sharing with us the contents of your /etc/network/interfaces file?

You can mask/exclude the last IP octet.

• jon617jon617 Veteran
    edited August 2021

@DP said: Mind sharing with us the contents of your

Sure. /etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/ifcfg-eth0 file, CentOS 7

TYPE=Ethernet
    PROXY_METHOD=none
    BROWSER_ONLY=no
    BOOTPROTO=dhcp
    IPV4_FAILURE_FATAL=no
    NAME=eth0
    DEVICE=eth0
    UUID="redacted"
    ONBOOT=yes
    IPV6INIT=no
    IPV6_AUTOCONF=no
    IPV6_FAILURE_FATAL=no

DHCP assigns the IPv4 address, gateway, and DNS that match the assigned address in the Hosthatch control panel. Networking works for up to 10 min after boot, then completely dies. This is a fresh install of CentOS 7. Re-installed twice, same behavior. I might try re-installing again, this time keeping the IPv4 at DHCP and never enabling IPv6 in the OS.

Thanked by 1DP

@jon617 - Looks alright.

Have you tried other templates just for the sake of trying?

• Congratulations on the expansion. If any one plan in India. Kindly let me know.

Thanked by 1dosai
  • jon617jon617 Veteran
    edited August 2021

@DP said: Have you tried other templates just for the sake of trying

I only tried the CentOS template, same template I use in other HH datacenters. HH support confirmed a switch issue in Singapore, and working on it. For me, the issue starts when I put consistent light traffic on the interface, like pinging somewhere every second, and letting it run. The network dies within 15 minutes. Shutdown and restart fixes it, until the next occurrence.

• Whoosh. Looks like I took a week long break at the wrong time.
    Meanwhile, let's deposit some cash anyway for upcoming HH invoices.

• @vimalware said:
    Whoosh. Looks like I took a week long break at the wrong time.
    Meanwhile, let's deposit some cash anyway for upcoming HH invoices.

Ohh yes, if they start in Japan and provide a good amount of RAM and computing power (at least 3 vCores, 100%) along with low bandwidth (to keep price low) I'll join the party too.

• BBTNBBTN Member

@hosthatch: Do you feel some love for a potential POP in Denmark? <3

• @BBTN said:

Why not choose Stockholm, Oslo or Netherlands? It's quite close and atleast Stockholm (GlySE) has good peers to Europe.

• Have you fixed your ubuntu ISO?
    My 250G storage plan become 1.8G storage after reinstalled.

• xkxxkx Member
    edited August 2021

Congratulations! happy user for years
    It would be better, some Tokyo expansion.

• edited August 2021

@Xratzh said:
    Have you fixed your ubuntu ISO?
    My 250G storage plan become 1.8G storage after reinstalled.

You need to resize your partition or reinstall from your uploaded iso

Thanked by 1webcraft
  • BBTNBBTN Member

@webcraft said:

@BBTN said:

Why not choose Stockholm, Oslo or Netherlands? It's quite close and atleast Stockholm (GlySE) has good peers to Europe.

I already got Hosthatch-VMs in Stockholm, Oslo und Amsterdam, buy thank you.

• @BBTN said:

@webcraft said:

@BBTN said:

I already got Hosthatch-VMs in Stockholm, Oslo und Amsterdam, buy thank you.

Nice try but, Sweden and Denmark can never be agree on something

Source : PewDiePie

• cybertechcybertech Member
    edited August 2021

got a bad feeling wont be able to resist many HH locations this BF.

Thanked by 2BBTN ariq01