Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Introducing Singapore - deploy fast, consistently performing NVMe KVM servers - Page 3
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Introducing Singapore - deploy fast, consistently performing NVMe KVM servers

Comments

• @chocolateshirt said:

@explicit said:
    I am buying KVM SSD — Promotional Package NVMe 4G.

Do you have ubuntu 20.04 LTS?

Yee they have. You can reinstall from their panel or upload your own iso..

Thank you. Purchased.

Invoice 244700 & 244702.

4G & 8G.

• @dahartigan said:
    Block China, they create the bulk of the problems. They respond to criticism about this topic with accusations of trying to shame them.

It's actually one of the few stereotypes that are actually true.

Of courese you can,If it can help you change your stereotype of the Chinese.But if you want me paid as you paid , provide me with a service not good as yours.I am happy to be blocked.This time u can block Chinese,next time who will be blocked?

In this thread,I don't think I've done anything wrong.I just tell the truth.

• @explicit said:
    I am buying KVM SSD — Promotional Package NVMe 4G.

Do you have ubuntu 20.04 LTS?

https://hosthatch.com/acceptable-use-policy is broken.

https://hosthatch.com/use-policy

• xianggexiangge Member
    edited August 2021

Can Netflix service be unlocked in Singapore?

• @xiangge said:

Tested

It can't

• @Erick said:

@xiangge said:

Tested

It can't

okay, thank you

• @Franzkafka said:

@dahartigan said:
    Block China, they create the bulk of the problems. They respond to criticism about this topic with accusations of trying to shame them.

Of courese you can,If it can help you change your stereotype of the Chinese.But if you want me paid as you paid , provide me with a service not good as yours.I am happy to be blocked.This time u can block Chinese,next time who will be blocked?

No, dude, there is something wrong with "China" itself.
    *The very limited bandwidth to EU, Japan, SG, USA, for EU users they can easily get high-speed unmeasured VPS, within EU at a low price. You can NOT do this with East Asia.
    To achieve the "same" services, price goes high, you won't like.
    *GFW, the rest of the world don't have this.

A deal is a deal, if can't accept 300ms+, don't buy. people select with each sides, nobody force you use their VM

• 10G in SG for that price is.......priceless

• ErickErick Member
    edited August 2021

@Hikari said:

@Franzkafka said:

@dahartigan said:

*The very limited bandwidth to EU, Japan, SG, USA, for EU users they can easily get high-speed unmeasured VPS, within EU at a low price. You can NOT do this with East Asia.

A deal is a deal, if can't accept 300ms+, don't buy. people select with each sides, nobody force you use their VM

Dude, take a closer look at this post
    hosthatch promises to optimize routing :
    We're still making some optimizations to our routes as we go along, but we're always happy to get requests for network optimization in case you see better throughput/latency from other providers in the same area (some common sense exceptions apply) :)

So, we want SG to be better, right?

• FranzkafkaFranzkafka Member
    edited August 2021

@Hikari said:

@Franzkafka said:

@dahartigan said:

You know I am not referring to this situation.And I totally accept that different places have different prices because the cost is not consistent in different places.Just mark it,let customer know.It's OK.What I really care about is there are always some guys who equate Chinese with abusers,spammers or defrauders etc.Personally I buy VPSes just for learning Linux,running my Blog website and setup proxy for Google/Youtube/Netflix and so on(these services are blocked in China Mainland because of the fucking GFW).I always obey every provider's TOS and appreciate their efforts.In this thread I just point out the latency is higher than GreenCloud and I have no malice for Hosthatch(Actually I have a server from HH in HK).And I do konw some chinese guys are very bad because their greedy or ignorance.But not all Chinese are bad.Americans,Indians,Japanese etc they all can be bad guys.Maybe you need check comments before and figure it out what happened on earth.

• @Franzkafka said:

@Hikari said:

@Franzkafka said:

@dahartigan said:

You know I am not referring to this situation.And I totally accept that different places have different prices because the cost is not consistent in different places.Just mark it,let customer know.It's OK.What I really care about is there are always some guys who equate Chinese with abusers,spammers or defrauders etc.Personally I buy VPSes just for learning Linux,running my Blog website and setup proxy for Google/Youtube/Netflix and so on(these services are blocked in China Mainland because of the fucking GFW).I always obey every provider's TOS and appreciate their efforts.In this thread I just point out the latency is higher than GreenCloud
    and I have no malice for Hosthatch(Actually I have a server from HH in HK).And I do konw some chines guys are very bad because their greedy or ignorance.But not all Chinese.Americans,Indians,Japanese etc can be bad guys.

Noboday says " All Chinese are absuers " " All Chinese are bad" ...

It's just you are doing business, you want to avoid potential craps, money loss. And you know China is a very poor country with many MJJ, buying a VM without reading TOS, and asking refund BY opening Paypal abuse...

You can't ingore them unless 1.block them alongside with good Chinese customers
    2. make the routing to CN bad, travelling through the pacific Ocean would be a good idea
    3.level up the price and deal with specfic Chinese mostly. In this case. You will spend lots of time on Chinese side. If I were a provider, I just suggest you guys buy high price Cn2 GIA direct routing VM from others, there are good providers doing this.
    Pay 169.9 USD for 1 year from Bandwagong
    https://bwh88.net/cart.php?a=confproduct&i=0
    And how you feel this 20$ generous offer?
    How do you avoid Chinese MJJ?

GreenCloud has lower latency, yeah, why not choose GreenCloud instead.
    They offers you with good price and lower latency, you choose them, win-win.

A better solution is you find a low-latency VM in HongKong, redrict HH VM' traffics via HongHong.

You are not wrong with something, you are just unlucky-- born in China.
    Still better than born in North Korea, no customers from there.

Want to get rid of all those shits? Try to leave and migrate to SG, latency witnin 1ms.

• @Erick said:

@Hikari said:

@Franzkafka said:

@dahartigan said:

Dude, take a closer look at this post
    hosthatch promises to optimize routing :
    We're still making some optimizations to our routes as we go along, but we're always happy to get requests for network optimization in case you see better throughput/latency from other providers in the same area (some common sense exceptions apply) :)

So, we want SG to be better, right?

I guess HH didn't mean specficly routing to China. And you can look back, HH seems to have never made routing to CN direct. They keep good price, they accept Chinese customers, they definitly respect all customers including Chinese, it's just Chinese ones are not lucky domesticly.

But, hey, all this can be solved by adding more money. Just choose .

• which provider promises good connectivity to China? alibaba cloud has VPS why not take them?

• @cybertech said:
    which provider promises good connectivity to China? alibaba cloud has VPS why not take them?

I donn't require good connectivity.I refer to the latency because Hosthatch's statement:

And as always - we promise you the best-in-class network performance, and equal or better than any other competitor in the region. We're still making some optimizations to our routes as we go along, but we're always happy to get requests for network optimization in case you see better throughput/latency from other providers in the same area (some common sense exceptions apply) :)

• @Franzkafka said:

@cybertech said:
    which provider promises good connectivity to China? alibaba cloud has VPS why not take them?

I donn't require good connectivity.I refer to the latency because Hosthatch's statement:

And as always - we promise you the best-in-class network performance, and equal or better than any other competitor in the region. We're still making some optimizations to our routes as we go along, but we're always happy to get requests for network optimization in case you see better throughput/latency from other providers in the same area (some common sense exceptions apply) :)

erm....ok

• dahartigandahartigan Member
    edited August 2021

@Franzkafka said:

@cybertech said:

Are you a Chinese MJJ?

• "some common sense exceptions apply" means except China because of the firewall and the MJJs

• NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran
    edited August 2021

Guys, in all seriousness, you ain't get China direct connectivity for that price.
    I got a Hong Kong VPS right, costs me 7$ (53 HKD) per month, actually the cheapest I found with direct PREMIUM connectivity to china.

a 20$/y Server with 500GB traffic ain't going to give you what you are looking for.
    Its to cheap for that direct route.

And that VPS has only 400GB traffic monthly for that price, which I already consider expensive, given the prices on LET here.

Yes they are cheap HK options like for 2.5€ but they also have zero direct connectivity.
    Plus the connectivity to Europe is actual dogshit.

Thanked by 1chocolateshirt
  • @Neoon said:
    Guys, in all seriousness, you ain't get China direct connectivity for that price.
    I got a Hong Kong VPS right, costs me 7$ (53 HKD) per month, actually the cheapest I found with direct PREMIUM connectivity to china.

a 20$/y Server with 500GB traffic ain't going to give you what you are looking for.

And that VPS has only 400GB traffic monthly for that price, which I already consider expensive, given the prices on LET here.

Yes they are cheap HK options like for 2.5€ but they also have zero direct connectivity.

i will let @Franzkafka prove you wrong.

• NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran
    edited August 2021

@cybertech said:

@Neoon said:

i will let @Franzkafka prove you wrong.

Yes please, so I can pay less, my wallet will thank you.

edit: 38ms from SG to HK and another 21ms to Shenzhen.

• I got a page not found while trying to confirm email.

• K4Y5K4Y5 Member

@Franzkafka said:

@cybertech said:

China != rest of the world. Deal with it and get on with your life. :neutral:

• ---------------------------------------------------------------------------
     OS           : Debian GNU/Linux 11 (64 Bit)
     Virt/Kernel  : KVM / 5.10.0-8-amd64
     CPU Model    : Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E5-2690 v2 @ 3.00GHz
     CPU Cores    : 2 @ 2999.998 MHz x86_64 16384 KB Cache
     CPU Flags    : AES-NI Enabled & VM-x/AMD-V Disabled
     Load Average : 0.23, 0.11, 0.04
     Total Space  : 39G (1.6G ~5% used)
     Total RAM    : 7957 MB (71 MB + 416 MB Buff in use)
     Total SWAP   : 1023 MB (0 MB in use)
     Uptime       : 0 days 0:4
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------
     ASN & ISP    : , Prinode AB
     Organization : Prinode AB
     Location     : Malmo, Sweden / SE
     Region       : Skåne County

## Geekbench v4 CPU Benchmark:

Single Core : 2945  (GOOD)
       Multi Core : 5493

## IO Test

CPU Speed:
        bzip2     : 110 MB/s
       sha256     : 173 MB/s
       md5sum     : 423 MB/s

RAM Speed:
       Avg. write : 1945.6 MB/s
       Avg. read  : 5051.7 MB/s

Disk Speed:
       1st run    : 978 MB/s
       2nd run    : 833 MB/s
       3rd run    : 863 MB/s
       -----------------------
       Average    : 891.3 MB/s

## Asia Speedtest.net

Location                         Upload           Download         Ping   
     Nearby                           81.05 Mbit/s     113.74 Mbit/s   * 192.028 ms
     India, New Delhi (Weebo)         201.01 Mbit/s    210.03 Mbit/s    71.847 ms
     India, Mumbai (SevenStar)        240.96 Mbit/s    323.32 Mbit/s    54.042 ms
     India, Bengaluru (I-ON)          233.45 Mbit/s    506.52 Mbit/s    40.051 ms
     Sri Lanka, Colombo (Telecom PLC) 292.08 Mbit/s    597.42 Mbit/s    41.134 ms
     Pakistan, Islamabad (Telenor)    108.83 Mbit/s    430.16 Mbit/s   106.007 ms
     Bangladesh, Dhaka (Skytel)       103.70 Mbit/s    157.10 Mbit/s    48.704 ms
     Bhutan, Thimphu (Bhutan Telecom) 180.70 Mbit/s    450.01 Mbit/s    79.091 ms
     Myanmar, Mandalay (Ooredoo)      256.60 Mbit/s    641.67 Mbit/s    52.840 ms
     Laos, Vientaine (Mangkone)       177.10 Mbit/s    211.81 Mbit/s    35.688 ms
     Thailand, Bangkok (CAT Telecom)  273.16 Mbit/s    1436.31 Mbit/s   28.308 ms
     Cambodia, Phnom Penh (Smart)     121.98 Mbit/s    1027.37 Mbit/s   36.120 ms
     Vietnam, Hanoi (Viettel)         197.67 Mbit/s    13.51 Mbit/s     52.619 ms
     Malaysia, Kuala Lumpur (Extreme) 623.60 Mbit/s    593.00 Mbit/s     8.543 ms
     Singapore (PT FirstMedia)        2286.17 Mbit/s   2573.23 Mbit/s    0.933 ms
     Indonesia, Jakarta (Desnet)      379.76 Mbit/s    66.80 Mbit/s     12.785 ms
     Philippines, Manila (Globe Tel)  208.43 Mbit/s    4.69 Mbit/s      40.969 ms
     Hong Kong (fdcservers)           456.17 Mbit/s    26.47 Mbit/s     36.276 ms
     Taiwan, Taipei (TAIFO)           251.63 Mbit/s    19.49 Mbit/s     48.744 ms
     Japan, Tsukuba (SoftEther)       218.98 Mbit/s    250.49 Mbit/s    88.199 ms

Finished in : 10 min 39 sec
     Timestamp   : 2021-08-24 14:14:56 GMT

edited August 2021

@K4Y5 said:

@Franzkafka said:

@cybertech said:

China != rest of the world. Deal with it and get on with your life. :neutral:

Thank you,stranger.
    Arguing with people is a tiring business.
    Trying to get people to change their prejudices is more tiring.
    Thanks for your consideration.

edited August 2021

@dahartigan said:
    "some common sense exceptions apply" means except China because of the firewall and the MJJs

Mabye you are right,I just compared Greencloud with Hosthatch.No more.

• Yes, price = service.
    But I hate region discrimination.

Thanked by 1Franzkafka
  • @xiangge said:

Yes you can actually. I don't see why not?

• Too many MJJ here.. requesting a lot of feature only to pay a penny...

Thanked by 2ariq01 dahartigan
  • stvnastvna Member
    edited August 2021

@xiangge said:

Netflix region is currently still Sweden.

Google is also Sweden, hopefully Google’s region can be updated soon.

• @stvna said:

@hosthatch said:

@DP said:
    What about IPv6?

It's available in Singapore.

@hosthatch i have ordered and opened ticket regarding IPv6 address however i got the following reply

Currently, we do not have IPv6 subnet in SG location. We will update you once its available.

I got the same reply.