Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

BuyVM Blackfriday deals announced
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

BuyVM Blackfriday deals announced

@Francisco said:

@gapper said:
i think for blackfriday fran should offer 15% off recurring for yearly payments on any plan

Not on any plan, but I got some ideas for black friday :) We'll do something this year. It won't be tons of stock, but it'll be fun.

Francisco

It looks like BuyVM will introduce dedicated servers because Fran said that he has got some ideas for BF but not related to any plan (VPS).

I think this is the first time ever they will do a BF deal, I'm excited.

Comments

• FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran

Please don't do that.

I'm not getting into the dedicated server market, it's cut throat.

The deals won't be on anything ryzen based.

Francisco

• ArkasArkas Moderator

Ok... What are you releasing for us?

• I know that Fran has a "cult" here, but please, this is too much.

Thanked by 1dahartigan
  • DPDP Administrator, The Domain Guy

Thanked by 1maverickp
  • @Francisco said: The deals won't be on anything ryzen based.

I have a few ideas:
    MXroute alternative, dinner with You or/and with Karen, GRE Tunnel (with Path.net™ AntyDDoS) as service

@Hotmarer said:

@Francisco said: The deals won't be on anything ryzen based.

I have a few ideas:
    MXroute alternative, dinner with You or/and with Karen, GRE Tunnel (with Path.net™ AntyDDoS) as service

I refuse to get into the email market :)

Francisco

• edited August 2021

Will it be an amazing web hosting deal? :smiley:

@danielcardosopt said:
    Will it be an amazing web hosting deal? :smiley:

No, buyshared is done as a product offering.

Francisco

Thanked by 1danielcardosopt
  • wil you discontinue buyshared? i mean we current resellers will be forced to move to a vps in the future?

@gapper said:
    wil you discontinue buyshared? i mean we current resellers will be forced to move to a vps in the future?

We stopped selling new plans as of February.

We aren't forcing anyone off, but we'll probably offer some sweet deals to people to get them to move to VPS (50% off on some E5 based nodes?). We have the nodes spare so I think it'd be a nice use for it.

Past that we aren't going to force anyone to leave. We'll be taking away IP's in time, likely this year, but the need for dedicated IP's is long gone with us offering Mailchannels and the likes.

Francisco

• Would you mind to comment on why you stopped buyshared? Is it because of lack of demand? Low margins? Issues?

• Lifetime VPS deals!

• If you are going to offer discounted VPS for current BuyShared resellers then please try to offer only dedicated CPU plans otherwise it would not work.

For example a dedicated thread of an E5 with 3GB of RAM for $7/mo would be awesome.

@angelius said:
    Would you mind to comment on why you stopped buyshared? Is it because of lack of demand? Low margins? Issues?

It accounts for 80% of our tickets while pulling in low single digit revenue.

@gapper said:
    If you are going to offer discounted VPS for current BuyShared resellers then please try to offer only dedicated CPU plans otherwise it would not work.

For example a dedicated thread of an E5 with 3GB of RAM for $7/mo would be awesome.

This is basically why we'd do it with our older E5's that I have sitting around. We got some of the gear in the Anynode customer transfer so at this point it's just sitting in a stack in my cage.

We'd probably want to do something right around the price you mentioned.

Users would get the plan only as an exchange out for their reseller.

Francisco

Thanked by 3angelius gapper mrTom
  • jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

@Francisco said:

@angelius said:
    Would you mind to comment on why you stopped buyshared? Is it because of lack of demand? Low margins? Issues?

That's shared hosting in a nutshell.

@jar said:

@Francisco said:

@angelius said:

The original goal of BuyShared was to see people slowly float up into meaty VPS plans. Managed plans, a bit more pay, etc.

Instead it just turned into people buying more and more of the $2/month resellers and just spreading out there.

Francisco

• @Francisco said:

@jar said:

@Francisco said:

@angelius said:

The original goal of BuyShared was to see people slowly float up into meaty VPS plans. Managed plans, a bit more pay, etc.

Instead it just turned into people buying more and more of the $2/month resellers and just spreading out there.

Francisco

😂

Thanked by 2Francisco gapper
  • @Francisco said:

@angelius said:

@gapper said:
    If you are going to offer discounted VPS for current BuyShared resellers then please try to offer only dedicated CPU plans otherwise it would not work.

This is basically why we'd do it with our older E5's that I have sitting around. We got some of the gear in the Anynode customer transfer so at this point it's just sitting in a stack in my cage.

We'd probably want to do something right around the price you mentioned.

Users would get the plan only as an exchange out for their reseller.

Francisco

This is awesome man! Is this something that would have to wait until BF or perhaps in a few weeks you would mass email current resellers with an offer?

@gapper said: This is awesome man! Is this something that would have to wait until BF or perhaps in a few weeks you would mass email current resellers with an offer?

We had a meeting about it this week.

We'll see what happens :) I'd like to do something sooner rather than later.

Francisco

• @Francisco said: We aren't forcing anyone off, but we'll probably offer some sweet deals to people to get them to move to VPS (50% off on some E5 based nodes?). We have the nodes spare so I think it'd be a nice use for it.

4GB lifetime KVM B)

• vovlervovler Member
    edited August 2021

@Francisco said:

Francisco

Maybe BuyShared 2.0? HostFran.com is available to register, it was dropped 14 days ago. I'm aware that it's not that great of a business idea, I just saw the domain name and had to make some post about it

• JasonMJasonM Member
    edited August 2021

@gapper said: I think this is the first time ever they will do a BF deal, I'm excited

that's great. But sadly their normal stock ends quite quickly on regular basis due to the popularity so do the deals will end.. in few seconds to minutes, something like flash-sales :-)

@vovler said:

@Francisco said:

Francisco

Maybe BuyShared 2.0? HostFran.com is available to register, it was dropped 14 days ago. I'm aware that it's not that great of a business idea, I just saw the domain name and had to make some post about it

Thanks but no. Jarland is the mailing king.

Francisco

• So Fran are you doing something magic tomorrow? My wallet is ready >:)

• @gapper said: So Fran are you doing something magic tomorrow? My wallet is ready

Stop being a weirdo.

Thanked by 1imok
  • _MS__MS_ Member
    edited November 2021

Just close this thread. The thread title is "Fake News". @FAT32

Thanked by 1FAT32
  • On august he said that he was planning something for this black friday. It is not fake news.

• @Francisco, just wondering, wouldn't it make sense to offer something right not to resellers before they signup with other hosts on BF and move on?