Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In honor of a falling comrade, 25% off all MXroute subscriptions (recurring, no limit)
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

In honor of a falling comrade, 25% off all MXroute subscriptions (recurring, no limit)

jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

I needed a break from data entry, which has been a constant task since migrating from WHMCS to HostBill. Loving HB so far, but it's a lot of work :smile:

My friends, a comrade in our industry is falling and you hate to see it: https://www.tuffmail.com/

Out of respect for what they've done and their success, we're looking to give a home to customers that may be looking for a new one. With promo code "TUFFMAIL" you can get 25% off of all MXroute services, even the lifetime promo. If you're not coming from Tuffmail, feel free to cash in one it as well. It's a recurring promo for as long as you keep the package.

If you're not familiar with MXroute, let's get to the introduction:

MXroute is an email provider where customers bring their own domains. Our customers range from well funded startups to that guy in the corner over there trying to hack all of your cell phones while you read this, just to see if he can do it. We provide all of the universal standards you should expect: IMAP, SMTP, POP3. We have a DirectAdmin-based control panel and while it isn't everything you've dreamed of for managing email it does a pretty damn good job, and it's not really our selling point. We offer the finest webmail you've ever laid eyes upon called Crossbox, both for your browser and with our native branded apps for both iOS and Android. We're still rocking Roundcube and Rainloop because you've gotta have those time tested standbys (and personally I use Roundcube more than anything, just habit). We use rspamd for our inbound filtering system, and frequently update custom rules based on identified trends. Yeah we know it's not Google's anti-spam system, but we're trying to challenge the market not mirror it ;)

We've also just added a new webmail option recently: Afterlogic Pro. That's right, not the free version you might be used to. We took your money and put it right back into your service. Afterlogic Pro includes CalDAV and CardDAV, which have been significant feature requests for a long time.

But what really sets us apart? We believe we have the secret sauce for outbound delivery. The reason the answer is no to your question of "Do you offer dedicated IP addresses" is because what we offer could take 1500 dumps on your dedicated IP address by the time you finished writing your email. If we can't get your email to your recipient, either your recipient doesn't want it or you typed the wrong email address. If an email is rejected for IP reputation we shuffle the deck and send it from another IP. We do this repeatedly, and from different ranges, until it's either delivered or we're absolutely certain they're not going to accept it. We do this all while rejecting FAR less of your outbound emails than the outbound service we used a few years ago did (back before we completed our in-house relays). We keep you safe from bad neighbors, and you can see for yourself what they think of us: https://www.trustpilot.com/users/5d9dc082d5e7683c5227754c

We're focusing on our normal packages this time instead of adding new promo packages. Here's what we've got:

And...

While the code applies for others, we're sticking to the shared hosting pricing rules as that seems most comparable to our service model.

Peace, love, and fuck the police.

Comments

• [reserved] B)

Thanked by 1add_iT
  • FoulFoul Member
    edited August 2021

I'm so happy for your success @jar

You never cease to amaze me.

You've bought MXR so far, and I can't wait to see it take over the bigger entities out there.

Thanked by 1jar
  • AbdAbd Member, Patron Provider

If you're not familiar with MXroute, let's get to the introduction:

Awesome introduction B) , though I'm familiar very well.

Thanks for adding Afterlogic Pro!

Thanked by 1jar
  • Happy customer for years now. Thanks for the great service, @jar . It just works how it's supposed to.

Thanked by 1jar
  • cpsdcpsd Member

One of the best threads. I have enjoyed the reading.

Thanked by 1jar
  • LeeLee Veteran

1st class service, the owner is a bit a dick but you cant' have everything.

Thanked by 1jar
  • darwdarw Member

bought

• DPDP Administrator, The Domain Guy

Thanked by 1chocolateshirt
  • vovlervovler Member
    edited August 2021

@Lee said:

Also may randomly audit the payments and think of CoinPayments payments as exploited payments because they got labeled as a PayPal payment. Refer to "Jarland is stupid" (by Jarland) :D
    But that won't make me get rid of my bi-annual subscription.

Thanked by 1jar
  • jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

@Lee said:

Unless you like dick, then you can have it all.

Thanked by 4Lee miu vovler mrTom
  • JioJio Member

@vovler said: Also may randomly audit the payments and think of CoinPayments payments as exploited payments because they got labeled as a PayPal payment. Refer to "Jarland is stupid" (by Jarland) :D

Yeah, but at least jarland admits he is stupid rather than doubling down and angrily suspending everyone to not admit fault ;)

Thanked by 2jar vovler
  • LeeLee Veteran

@jar said: Unless you like dick, then you can have it all.

I feel that given the way the world is going and for fear of being cancelled, I am unable to say I don't like dick. So, therefore, I can indeed have it all.

Thanked by 3vovler jar bulbasaur
  • @Lee said:

@jar said: Unless you like dick, then you can have it all.

I feel that given the way the world is going and for fear of being cancelled, I am unable to say I don't like dick. So, therefore, I can indeed have it all.

Peer pressured into becoming gay. That's rough man person.

• HarambeHarambe Member, Host Rep

@jar said: Peace, love, and fuck the police.

Where's my ACAB promo code?

Thanked by 1jar
  • yoursunnyyoursunny Member, IPv6 Advocate
    edited August 2021

SPAM PLAN $300/year

With 25% off, it's only $225/year.
    See testimonials of MXroute spam plan.

• @yoursunny said: With 25% off, it's only $225/year.

That's a steal! Gotta grab it rn

Thanked by 1yoursunny
  • I get my email hosting from nexus bytes and it’s much cheaper than this and appears to come from mxroute. Idk I’m not an email guy.

Thanked by 1jar

@redcat said:
    I get my email hosting from nexus bytes and it’s much cheaper than this and appears to come from mxroute. Idk I’m not an email guy.

You’ve chosen well

• ArkasArkas Moderator

Fascinating post! Whatever they are paying you to write it, it's too little!

Thanked by 2jar yoursunny
  • Oh wow, Tuffmail was my first paid email service. It's sad to see them bite the dust.

• @jar is Afterlogic Pro available on all servers? I cannot find it on "friday"

@Chalipa said:
    @jar is Afterlogic Pro available on all servers? I cannot find it on "friday"

All non reseller DirectAdmin servers currently.

• MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran

Nice spin, mate :) I wish everyone would do similar things instead of "refugee", "rescue" offers and shitting on the threads about problems with a competitor.

Thanked by 3jar dahartigan notarobo
  • raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

I came here expecting a story about Chinese gymnasts and balance beams.

Thanked by 1jar
  • LeviLevi Member

Mxroute shines on delivery, but fails (often) on spam control. Simple inability to block spammers by domain! Also, whitelist by domain only.

Tuffmail also failed on this regard. Spamassasin can't hold against advanced spammers without significantly impacting legit emails.

Sad, when business with good intentions fall :( . But hey, we still can dance on a grave with discount code :D

Thanked by 1jar
  • premium

• does TUFFMAIL promo work with my Black Friday 2019 deal? ;)

• @jar Thanks for nice service.

1. Inside client area, there is no auto login to DirectAdmin feature! please enable it.

2. Will be great to know your experience on whmcs to blesta migration. Please do if you get some free time.

Thanked by 1jar
  • adlyadly Veteran

@niceboy said:
    @jar Thanks for nice service.

1. Inside client area, there is no auto login to DirectAdmin feature! please enable it.

2. Will be great to know your experience on whmcs to blesta migration. Please do if you get some free time.

1. @jar has switched to HostBill, not Blesta.

Thanked by 1niceboy

@LTniger said:
    Mxroute shines on delivery, but fails (often) on spam control. Simple inability to block spammers by domain! Also, whitelist by domain only.

Tuffmail also failed on this regard. Spamassasin can't hold against advanced spammers without significantly impacting legit emails.

Sad, when business with good intentions fall :( . But hey, we still can dance on a grave with discount code :D

You can block by domain but it has to be the envelope from, which might differ from the actual from header.