Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Who would you go to space with?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Who would you go to space with?

Ian_Dot_TechIan_Dot_Tech Member, Patron Provider
edited July 2021 in General

There has been a lot of news recently with billionaires going to space, Jeff Bezos and Richard Branson specifically. Both opening their businesses up for space tourism. A story I just read said that the media coverage has lacked any mention of the SpaceX flight this fall. SpaceX is taking billionaire Jared Isaacman, CEO of Shift4 Payments to space. SpaceX will take him and the other Dragon spacecraft crew to an orbit higher than the ISS for a period of 3 days for a charity event.

Seeing the design of each companies spacecraft, who would you choose to fly with?

Does the owner of the company overall decide your choice or purely the design?

Personally, I like the design of the Virgin Galactics spacecraft over the rocket Blue Origin uses. It reminds me more of the former shuttle days.

Space - the final frontier where no man has gone before
  1. Which company would you go to space with75 votes
    1. Blue Origin / Jeff Bezos (sub 10 minute weightless low orbit)
        2.67%
    2. Virgin Galactic / Richard Branson (sub 10 minute weightless low orbit)
        4.00%
    3. SpaceX / Elon Musk (Orbit higher than ISS for longer durations)
      53.33%
    4. None, no one cares about space!
      40.00%

Comments

• imokimok Member

The real question is how much I'm going to be charged. $7? Then, probably Musk.

• gappergapper Member

With @cociu

Thanked by 1tjn
  • With LowEndRocket of course. It comes with unlimited fuel but the engines may not be used continuously.

Thanked by 1Ian_Dot_Tech
  • MannDudeMannDude Host Rep, Veteran

If I'm going, I want to go all in and stay a bit. (Real) Astronauts who spend any noteworthy amount of time in space seemingly always report a giant shift in their world perspective when looking down on the earth day-in-day-out.

Thanked by 1yoursunny
  • skorupionskorupion Member, Host Rep

no one trusting jeff bezos :lol:

• SpaceX. Because "Orbit higher than ISS for longer durations".
    Don't care much about the design. It would be funny to be launched into space in that Blue Origin penis rocket tho, but I really don't like Bezos. And out of those 3 I respect and like Musk the most (although it seems he can also be an unempathic ass sometimes). Branson seems cool too, but I don't know that much about him.

• ploxhostploxhost Member, Patron Provider

@Ian_Dot_Tech said:
    There has been a lot of news recently with billionaires going to space, Jeff Bezos and Richard Branson specifically. Both opening their businesses up for space tourism. A story I just read said that the media coverage has lacked any mention of the SpaceX flight this fall. SpaceX is taking billionaire Jared Isaacman, CEO of Shift4 Payments to space. SpaceX will take him and the other Dragon spacecraft crew to an orbit higher than the ISS for a period of 3 days for a charity event.

Seeing the design of each companies spacecraft, who would you choose to fly with?

Does the owner of the company overall decide your choice or purely the design?

Personally, I like the design of the Virgin Galactics spacecraft over the rocket Blue Origin uses. It reminds me more of the former shuttle days.

If LevelOneSpace is opening up soon, I'll be on the first flight!

• yoursunnyyoursunny Member, IPv6 Advocate

I go to space on USS Enterprise.
    It travels faster than SpaceX et al, and each traveler has an actual room instead of just a seat.

I'm building a datacenter on Jupiter.
    I'll have a migration special: if you sign up for South Pole colocation before 2029, you'll get an opportunity to colo on Jupiter when my datacenter is ready.
    The estimated timeline is between 2040 and 2060.

I'll be sending out surveys on what other locations are wanted.
    If at least 10 customers requests a particular planet or star, we'll expand there if costs are reasonable for us.

• tomazutomazu Member, Host Rep

@yoursunny said:
    I'll have a migration special: if you sign up for South Pole colocation before 2029, you'll get an opportunity to colo on Jupiter when my datacenter is ready.

I'd sign up, so that I can finally have one backup on another continent, one backup on the moon and one on another planet - Jupiter. But be careful, the data center on Mars could be up first.

And I could offer solar system wide anycast :-)

Thanked by 1yoursunny
  • @imok said:

Imagine them deadpooling while you are up there. You are stuck there for 2 months without communication and they can't bring you back because rocket prices have skyrocket.

Thanked by 1imok
  • @jetchirag said:

@imok said:

Imagine them deadpooling while you are up there. You are stuck there for 2 months without communication and they can't bring you back because rocket prices have skyrocket.

Yes please! Finally a good night's rest.

Thanked by 1that_guy
  • Shot2Shot2 Member

OVHabovethecloud of course.

Wooden rockets all the way

• @jetchirag said:
    because rocket prices have skyrocket.

Thanked by 1that_guy
  • In the future, they may have a lowendSpaceship. Let me choose the providers there.

• CybrCybr Member

I'd go to space with Elon Musk, since it would be most interesting to strike up a conversation with him in a rare situation where he has time to kill.

Oh you mean which company... Well I'd wait until one of them has a good enough track record with space travel before making that decision.

• NASA

• I would wait for LowEndX to launch their own space shuttle to go with @deank

• Ian_Dot_TechIan_Dot_Tech Member, Patron Provider

@zafouhar said:
    I would wait for LowEndX to launch their own space shuttle to go with @deank

To get to Orbit that would require 100% uptime, I am not sure that is possible with LowEndX.

• @Ian_Dot_Tech said:

@zafouhar said:

To get to Orbit that would require 100% uptime, I am not sure that is possible with LowEndX.

I'm sure that @cociu has already figured this out!!!!

• deankdeank Member, Troll
    edited July 2021

I ain't going to the Space in a pod with a bunch of guys.

I want girls instead. Spinning 69, here we go!

@elwebmaster said:
    With LowEndRocket of course. It comes with unlimited fuel but the engines may not be used continuously.

10% average usage maximum of course! And if you want oxygen for the spacecraft that is going to be additional!

• CybrCybr Member

@Ian_Dot_Tech said:

@elwebmaster said:
    With LowEndRocket of course. It comes with unlimited fuel but the engines may not be used continuously.

10% average usage maximum of course! And if you want oxygen for the spacecraft that is going to be additional!

Like our Facebook page, subscribe on YouTube, follow on Instagram, install our mobile app, then comment your order number in this thread, and your oxygen will be doubled!

• @Cybr said:

@Ian_Dot_Tech said:

@elwebmaster said:

Like our Facebook page, subscribe on YouTube, follow on Instagram, install our mobile app, then comment your order number in this thread, and your oxygen will be doubled!

Actually it comes with just CO2 if you want O2 you need to either use Cloudflare or stick your head in a shared spacesuit.

Thanked by 1Cybr
  • yoursunnyyoursunny Member, IPv6 Advocate

@tomazu said:

@yoursunny said:

I'd sign up, so that I can finally have one backup on another continent, one backup on the moon and one on another planet - Jupiter. But be careful, the data center on Mars could be up first.

And I could offer solar system wide anycast :-)

We don't want backups.
    10x10x10 in South Pole when?
    Colo is free so your operational cost would be near zero.

@jetchirag said:

@imok said:

Don't worry, Her Majesty would take care of you.
    https://www.npr.org/2019/09/23/763355554/thomas-cook-airline-collapse-triggers-largest-peacetime-repatriation-in-u-k-hist

@zafouhar said:

@Ian_Dot_Tech said:

@zafouhar said:

I'm sure that @cociu has already figured this out!!!!

He has teleportation system of 608km distance.
    You can reach the Hubble Space Telescope and take a selfie.

• NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran

The earth is the middle point of the universe, flying on the back of a giant tortoise.
    I mean you can fly up for the lols and watch his head turning and thinking again, fucking humans.

Well, you need to be close to insane, to be strapped to a fucking giant bomb, let you fire up to space. Sounds fun of course, I guess the feeling pays off if you don't blow up.

• CybrCybr Member

@elwebmaster said:

@Cybr said:

@Ian_Dot_Tech said:

@elwebmaster said:

Actually it comes with just CO2 if you want O2 you need to either use Cloudflare or stick your head in a shared spacesuit.

The shared spacesuit oxygen would be burstable, so you should be fine as long as you can hold your breath for a few minutes at a time.

@Cybr said:

@elwebmaster said:

@Cybr said:

@Ian_Dot_Tech said:

@elwebmaster said:

The shared spacesuit oxygen would be burstable, so you should be fine as long as you can hold your breath for a few minutes at a time.

I bet even with it being burstable it's still heavily oversold.

Thanked by 1Cybr
  • ezethezeth Member, Patron Provider

Why. The chance of the rocket exploding is 1/100..

• i fuck with musk & branson, musk most definitely has better technology. fuck bezo's.

• I'm bringing @SirFoxy so we can be the first civilians to get high in outer space.

Thanked by 1SirFoxy