Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

YABS Disconnecting SSH
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

YABS Disconnecting SSH

Anyone have any experience with yabs.sh killing an ssh session? there is a particular vps I run it on where it will kill my ssh session at random intervals when it goes to do iperf tests.

Is it possible that the VPS provider has a script that is set to interrupt networking to a vps when there is high bandwidth usage? This is a KVM vps.. and sometimes yabs successfully finishes and sometimes it doesn't.

Comments

• hnzlethnzlet Member

I've had that happen to me, too.

You could try running it inside tmux (or screen). Then if you have to reconnect you can just run tmux a to reattach to that session. Or use mosh

Or if your provider has a VNC-based web console you could try it in that.

• @JoeMerit said:
    Anyone have any experience with yabs.sh killing an ssh session? there is a particular vps I run it on where it will kill my ssh session at random intervals when it goes to do iperf tests.

Is it possible that the VPS provider has a script that is set to interrupt networking to a vps when there is high bandwidth usage?

Yes.

• drizbodrizbo Member

Are you running out of ram maybe?

• @hnzlet said:
    I've had that happen to me, too.

You could try running it inside tmux (or screen). Then if you have to reconnect you can just run tmux a to reattach to that session. Or use mosh

Or if your provider has a VNC-based web console you could try it in that.

So I have run the full yabs 4x in a row inside of screen and it has not stopped or disconnected. So that would indicate some sort of communication problem between my ssh client and the server I suppose.

• NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran

AntiDDoS if you blow 1gig+, its going to terminate you.
    Machina has sensitive personality.