Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Boomer.host Launch - Free Boomer sticker - Page 5
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Boomer.host Launch - Free Boomer sticker

Comments

• ezethezeth Member, Patron Provider
    edited July 2021

@JustPfff said:

@databoss said: You do realize the copyright and the terms of service don't mean shit when you dont even have the right company name? ie not enforceable as you do not represent the entity in the tos or copyright?

Is it required official company registrations to sell webhosting ?
    I thought there is legal term that allow individuals to act as registered company if they having selling platform(the website) and the brand name(I'm not sure if it limited to .com domain only or not) , can someone please remind me what that term called, since I use it when I register my first hosting service with 2co ~6 Yrs ago .

I don't even know what this guy @databoss is talking about. Don't have the right company name? The company name is DFDB LLC, and you do not need to have the same domain as company name lol

• redcatredcat Member

coomers mean you host adult content?

• JustPfffJustPfff Member
    edited July 2021

@ezeth said: Don't have the right company name?

He was talking about TOS page, it legal terms are not correctly referring to your company name(responsibility) in relationship with your client (these are serious shit man)

ie not enforceable as you do not represent the entity in the tos or copyright?

I spend week just to get my TOS page setup correctly (Privacy page were less painful though )

and you do not need to have the same domain as company name lol

OG sure you don't but that could help you with legal suits, gov's agencies , foreign intel know how to deal with you as identity, not as individual (e.g this it's not your personal blog )

• databossdataboss Member
    edited July 2021

@ezeth said:

@JustPfff said:

@databoss said: You do realize the copyright and the terms of service don't mean shit when you dont even have the right company name? ie not enforceable as you do not represent the entity in the tos or copyright?

I thought there is legal term that allow individuals to act as registered company if they having selling platform(the website) and the brand name(I'm not sure if it limited to .com domain only or not) , can someone please remind me what that term called, since I use it when I register my first hosting service with 2co ~6 Yrs ago .

I don't even know what this guy @databoss is talking about. Don't have the right company name? The company name is DFDB LLC, and you do not need to have the same domain as company name lol

Dude first it was hostup llc then boomer.host showed dfdb llc. Thinks didnt match until everyone questioned you and you then said hostup changed to generic dfdb llc and you rebranded as boomer.host . Totally legit when its clear people know who the fuck you are and what fucking name you are selling under.

By the way your whois is still private in violation of LET rules.

• @JustPfff said:

sole proprietorship is fine - but the guy is playing musical LLC's. Lives in NY, server in Dallas, One LLC is in Wyoming. Gonna love those tax returns- if he ever files them. His website needed to be more clear and it wasn't.

Thanked by 1Daniel15
  • JustPfffJustPfff Member
    edited July 2021

@databoss said: but the guy is playing musical LLC's. Lives in NY, server in Dallas, One LLC is in Wyoming

Ok than, me talking about florigen Intel in my last reply were not needed :D

• databossdataboss Member
    edited July 2021

@ezeth 8AM-10AM Expert Hosting Support Our Customers Love

Is that 2 hour support window EST where you live, CST where the server is, or MST where the LLC is registered?

Cloud Hosing - is that a wash and rinse of my site?

Just What the Fuck is this?
    Authoritatively transform functionalized information without cross-platform convergence. Quickly reconceptualize cross-unit e-markets without superior products. Appropriately foster timely collaboration and idea-sharing rather than magnetic potentialities. Authoritatively restore high standards in outsourcing whereas vertical meta-services. Compellingly reconceptualize out-of-the-box outsourcing through plug-and-play synergy.

Holy shit, WTF?
    Objectively innovate high standards in methodologies vis-a-vis sustainable compellingly maintain multidisciplinary process proactively streamline mission-critical information via quality imperatives.

Efficiently productivate reliable paradigms before ubiquitous models. Continually utilize frictionless expertise whereas tactical relationships. Still have questions? Contact us

• dfroedfroe Member, Host Rep
    edited July 2021

@ezeth said:
    I don't want someone to create 10s of thousands of IPs with their own /64 block and crash the switch.

Why should it make any difference at all to your switch whether I use 1 single or 1k IPv6 addresses?
    You usually simply route each customer's IP block to its MAC address.
    Your L3 routing table doesn't care whether it's /128 or /64 - and your L2 FDB even less.

Or are you using NDP so everybody can simply use any address they want to (including others)?

Do you operate your own L3 network gear?
    Otherwise it's your provider's job to properly configure and monitor it, not yours.
    In case you should at least operate an L2 switch (which I doubt at this price) your switch wouldn't even know what IPv6 is.

edited July 2021

@dfroe said:

@ezeth said:
    I don't want someone to create 10s of thousands of IPs with their own /64 block and crash the switch.

Why should it make any difference at all to your switch whether I use 1 single or 1k IPv6 addresses?
    You usually simply route each customer's IP block to its MAC address.
    Your L3 routing table doesn't care whether it's /128 or /64 - and your L2 FDB even less.

Or are you using NDP so everybody can simply use any address they want to (including others)?

Do you operate your own L3 network gear?
    Otherwise it's your provider's job to properly configure and monitor it, not yours.
    In case you should at least operate an L2 switch (which I doubt at this price) your switch wouldn't even know what IPv6 is.

The networking gear can only handle so much. I am not talking 1k IP addresses. A /64 contains 18,446,744,073,709,551,616 IPv6 addresses. You can easily see how one abuser can use this to crash the switch, router and whatever else comes down the line that decides to go out first. Believe me, it has happened

Monitor it, seriously? There's a few dollars profit and the wage for dealing with abuse, and the potential cost for the datacenter with their networking crashing is way above that. If it cannot be automated then it's not worth it. Instead of whining and complaining just take it or leave it

• serious question. what does boomer mean?

edited July 2021

@notarobo said:
    serious question. what does boomer mean?

Watch this from the begining, It explains it pretty well. Boomer = baby boomer https://youtu.be/bJlcNOS_TNc?t=101

edited July 2021

@ezeth said:
    You can easily see how one abuser can use this to crash the switch. Believe me, it has happened

Then you'll find the keywords in my last message how to properly configure your switch(es) to prevent this.

L2 doesn't care about IPs at all and at L3 you must not use NDP but statically routed subnets. It's really as simple as that but if you leave everything at default configuration and use NDP (like ARP with IPv4) your neighbor table will easily explode.

@ezeth said:
    Monitor it, seriously? There's a few dollars profit and the wage for dealing with abuse is way above that. If it cannot be automated then it's not worth it

Well, have you ever thought about whether maybe your prices could be a little bit too low?
    I mean, without monitoring how will you ever notice if something is broken? You cannot force this down to your customers. They cannot scream if one HDD of your RAID, one PSU or one fiber in an aggregate fails. They cannot watch out for neighbors running bot nets.

By the way, you are lucky if you are allowed to operate such an attempt of a business in the U.S. On the other side of the pond certain countries require public service providers to get audited by federal agencies where you must provide documenta with your security and redundancy concepts.

So, good luck that nothing ever happens.

• @dfroe said: good luck that nothing ever happens

It doesn't look like he's going to be around for long :)

• @databoss said:

@JustPfff said:

sole proprietorship is fine - but the guy is playing musical LLC's. Lives in NY, server in Dallas, One LLC is in Wyoming. Gonna love those tax returns- if he ever files them. His website needed to be more clear and it wasn't.

That's usually how it works in the United States, single member LLC, pass through on taxes, works like a sole prop without the liability.

Doesn't really mean he's shady, he already said he's budget, don't expect too much.

• @redcat said:
    coomers mean you host adult content?

MILF Only.

• rahulksrahulks Member
    edited July 2021

@ezeth said: Monitor it, seriously? There's a few dollars profit and the wage for dealing with abuse, and the potential cost for the datacenter with their networking crashing is way above that. If it cannot be automated then it's not worth it. Instead of whining and complaining just take it or leave it

OK boomer.

• The end is nigh.

• drizbodrizbo Member

This just shows that "Provider" doesnt mean anything here. I hope you get some buyers for nice drama in couple months

Thanked by 1JasonM
  • No PayPal? I smell a scam.

edited July 2021

@alexvolk said:
    No PayPal? I smell a scam.

We use stripe checkout. You enter your cc on their site, we dont store them.

Paypal is not used because of their risng fees and fraud concerns. With stripe we can use RADARhttps://stripe.com/radar https://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/172495/paypal-increasing-fees-for-online-transactions-from-august-2nd

• @ezeth said: fraud concerns

Maybe you're a fraud that's why they've blocked your account?

Rising fees lol.

edited July 2021

@ezeth said: With stripe we can use RADAR

And you can enforce credit card payments with 3DS (protecting the merchant from chargebacks) in contrast to PayPal (with 180 days buyer protection).

• nvmenvme Member

@ezeth said:

@alexvolk said:

Paypal is not used because of their risng fees and fraud concerns. With stripe we can use RADARhttps://stripe.com/radar https://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/172495/paypal-increasing-fees-for-online-transactions-from-august-2nd

Why not offer PayPal by adding extra $1.5 - $2 to product prices, for those who are interested? That should cover transaction fees.

Thanked by 2ezeth JustPfff
    edited July 2021

@nvme said:

@ezeth said:

@alexvolk said:

Why not offer PayPal by adding extra $1.5 - $2 to product prices, for those who are interested? That should cover transaction fees.

I would do this if there was an automated way to do it for Clientexec. So far I only know this is possible on WHMCS

Although it's also against their terms
    4.5 No Surcharges. You agree that you will not impose a surcharge or any other fee for accepting PayPal as a payment method. You may charge a handling fee in connection with the sale of goods or services as long as the handling fee does not operate as a surcharge and is not higher than the handling fee you charge for non-PayPal transactions.

I'm aware of the payment gateway. I meant automated way of adding an extra fee when someone uses that particular payment gateway

• Sure violate Paypal TOS. An awesome way to keep your account

• YmpkerYmpker Member
    edited July 2021

@ezeth said:

I'm aware of the payment gateway. I meant automated way of adding an extra fee when someone uses that particular payment gateway

Isn't an extra fee for PayPal as a payment method against there ToS and if reported can get you in trouble, though? Not entirely sure though, but I remember reading something like this a while ago.

• HostSlickHostSlick Member, Patron Provider
    edited July 2021

@Ympker said:

@ezeth said:

Isn't an extra fee for PayPal as a payment method against there ToS and if reported can get you in trouble, though? Not entirely sure though, but I remember reading something like this a while ago.

Confirmed, its against their ToS/AGB.

Thanked by 1Ympker
    edited July 2021

@Ympker said:

@ezeth said:

Yep. If you scroll up to my comment before you'll see their terms

Although it's also against their terms
    4.5 No Surcharges. You agree that you will not impose a surcharge or any other fee for >accepting PayPal as a payment method. You may charge a handling fee in connection with the >sale of goods or services as long as the handling fee does not operate as a surcharge and is >not higher than the handling fee you charge for non-PayPal transactions.