Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

★ VirMach ★ Dedicated Servers★ From ~$27/MO ★ Transfers To 2 x 1TB SSD ★ Transfers To More Locations
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

★ VirMach ★ Dedicated Servers★ From ~$27/MO ★ Transfers To 2 x 1TB SSD ★ Transfers To More Locations

VirMachVirMach Member, Patron Provider
edited July 2021 in Offers

It's been 10 days and we can post another thread, so VirMach is back again after being back again last week, to provide some dedicated server migration deals.

Just like the last set of offerings, these servers are set to be migrated, but it may be a little bit less exciting as they're going to be migrated into other E3 nodes and not Ryzens. You will still get a few perks though, as all newer set of nodes you're migrated into will at the very least have an upgrade to the disk configuration. To keep it simple: expect to have to migrate (which may be inconveniencing) and you'll essentially have a service that's similar or better in most cases. But if you'd like to dig in to the details, scroll down further.

DEDICATED MIGRATION SPECIALS

ORDER LINK: https://virmach.com/vds-dedicated-servers/

E3-HDL Multiple Locations
Processor// Intel E3-1240v1/Equivalent
Memory// 16GB DDR3 RAM
Storage// 1x 1TB HDD
Bandwidth// 10TB @ 1Gbps
IPv4// 4 Usable IPs + IPMI

$39/MO $27.30/MO
COUPON CODE: E3HDLMIGRATE (30% OFF, RECURRING)

E3-HD New York
Processor// Intel E3-1240v2/E3-1270v1
Memory// 32GB DDR3 RAM
Storage// 2x 1TB HDD
Bandwidth// 10TB @ 1Gbps

$49/MO $31.85/MO
COUPON CODE: E3HDMIGRATE (35% OFF, RECURRING)

E3-HD+ New York
Memory// 32GB DDR3 RAM
Storage// 1x 2TB HDD
Bandwidth// 10TB @ 1Gbps

$49/MO $34.30/MO
COUPON CODE: E3HDPLUSMIGRATE (30% OFF, RECURRING)

E3-SD+ New York
Memory// 32GB DDR3 RAM
Storage// 1x 240GB SSD
Bandwidth// 10TB @ 1Gbps

$49/MO $36.75/MO
COUPON CODE: E3SDPLUSMIGRATE (25% OFF, RECURRING)

E3-SD New York
Memory// 32GB DDR3 RAM
Storage// 2x 120GB SSD
Bandwidth// 10TB @ 1Gbps

$49/MO $36.75/MO
COUPON CODE: E3SDMIGRATE (25% OFF, RECURRING)

POST-MIGRATION SPECIFICATIONS

E3 Multiple Locations
Processor// Intel E3-1270v2 (Some E3-1245v2*)
Memory// 16-32GB** DDR3 RAM
Storage// 2x 1TB*** SSD
Bandwidth// 10TB @ 1Gbps
IPv6// Available

*With integrated graphics. This will be offered as available if requested.
**If your existing server has 32GB, you can request that if needed. Otherwise, further discount will be applied to your package for the downgrade (you decide.)
***This may end up being 960GB or similar instead.

FURTHER INFO

That's right, whether you pick up a 1TB HDD server, 2TB HDD, 2x 1TB HDD, 2x 120GB SSD, or 1x 240GB SSD right now, your new server will have 2 x 1TB SSD.

We will also allow you to select your new location, regardless of where you select it now, as available (we will most likely just ask everyone to pick first and then allocate servers accordingly, so we do not anticipate anyone getting a location they do not desire.) Please note though, worst case scenario, you may end up being moved to the same location.

Some people will technically be downgraded if they receive, for example, an E3-1270v3, but the majority of what's left over is E3-1240v1 and E3-1240v2 so for most people it will be an upgrade. As for memory, we are currently short on that, but if your package comes with 32GB RAM and you actually require 32GB RAM, you can let us know. Otherwise, you will be able to opt in for a small amount of additional saving instead (TBD.)

This migration is expected to happen sometime between 09/30/2021 and 04/30/2022, but is not guaranteed. You can of course decide to discontinue renewal if you wish, before the migration happens (at end of term, as usual.)

LOCATIONS:
The following locations are planned to be offered, but may change.

• NYC Metro
  • Los Angeles
  • Amsterdam
  • Chicago
  • Dallas
  • Atlanta
  • Seattle
  • Phoenix
  • San Jose
  • Other*

*If at least 10 customers elect to move to a new location, we will expand there, provided that colocation cost in the region is similar to others. Unfortunately, this means a location such as Japan would not be available since it would cost several times more.

OPTIONAL RYZEN UPGRADE

There's no reason for us to set up older hardware if you would prefer to pay an additional amount to upgrade to a Ryzen server instead. We will allow anyone to upgrade their service if desired, when migrating. This must be selected/arranged before migration occurs and cannot be altered at a later time. We will have a set deadline, at a future time per our communication.

Switch to Ryzen 3700X/5600X or Equivalent + NVMe

• We will decide on a suitable Ryzen processor. This may range from 6 to 8 cores and generally be in the $200 to $300 price range, with 65W TDP.
  • Your 2x1TB SSD option will change from SATA to 2x 1TB NVMe SSD.
  • RAM amount will most likely be 32GB DDR4 but we may provide 64GB DDR4 at an additional cost to be determined based on RAM pricing at time of deployment (+$10-15/MO.)

Additional Cost:
+$350 ONE-TIME | OR | +$200/YR | OR | +$40/MO

These are not meant to be an "upsell" so please do not feel obligated. In fact, this ends up costing us more money so we discourage it ;)

Example:
E3-HDL purchased for $27.30/MO or $273/YR becomes $67.30/MO or $473/YR with no setup fees. Or, optionally remain at $27.30/MO or $273/YR with $350 one-time fee.

LOOKING FOR A VPS?

Check out our other thread: https://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/172467/virmach-s-u-m-m-e-r-h-o-s-t-s-a-l-e-from-9-yr-1gb-15-yr-transfers-to-ryzen-easter-eggs

SUPPORT LEVEL

We have decided to provide these migration specials with a standard level of support (excluding one-time limited term offers.) This means that the migration plans are not limited support specials, but please understand that due to the pricing of the package, we do still expect customers to take some time to review knowledgebase articles to ensure they only contact us when necessary. This also does not mean we will provide full management, so please do not create a ticket asking us to set up your website/software for you.

In addition, for dedicated servers, this means being reasonable: currently, password resets and OS re-installs are still manual, if you make excessive requests we reserve the right to refuse them.

REFUND

There are no refunds on dedicated servers, as usual.

Please read our refund policy first before ordering: https://virmach.com/terms-conditions/

OTHER TERMS/DISCLAIMER

We reserve the right to cancel and refund any service and opt not to render it instead (this will usually be reserved in case of major issues with the package or estimated delivery times, typos, or our ability to deliver the product should it be sold out.) All promotion/coupon codes for this offer are one-time use only per household, and non-recurring. See "REFUNDS" section above for the refund terms.

DOUBLE BANDWIDTH

No

Comments

• Pertamax..

Those dedi look delicious...

Thanked by 1Ganonk
  • FAT32FAT32 Administrator, Deal Compiler Extraordinaire

Eggs? :wink:

Thanked by 1dahartigan
  • Really an amazing offer. Too bad for the 80$ setup fee in amsterdam because this would be a sweet sweet deal.

• VirMachVirMach Member, Patron Provider

@FAT32 said:
    Eggs? :wink:

If requested, I'll place a decorated easter egg inside the chassis in place of your second SSD in honor of the first server. Request it by using the correct coupon code. I hope you understand what that implies, but I would assume this would be quite an unpopular configuration, like where it resides.

You have until Friday. Get the location wrong and your order will be cancelled, even if you get the coupon right.

@danielcardosopt said: Really an amazing offer. Too bad for the 80$ setup fee in amsterdam because this would be a sweet sweet deal.

It's to partially cover shipping it there. Should this change, I'll let everyone know. It may be possible to include some servers in a shipment that would have gone out anyway without much cost.

Actually, let's just go for it, changing it to free.

@VirMach said:
    You have until Friday. Get the location wrong and your order will be cancelled, even if you get the coupon right.

Egg hunting starts again... hope I get it this time unlike the FFL code :joy:

• @VirMach said:
    Actually, let's just go for it, changing it to free.

Thank you so so much!!! Order created!!! :smiley:

• Holy crap @VirMach has gone nuclear :-)

• sanvitsanvit Member
    edited July 2021

If I buy an SSD server now, will the price match to the HDD one after the transition and vice versa? and will I be able to upgrade E3-HDL to 32GB after the migration?

@VirMach said:
    All promotion/coupon codes for this offer are one-time use only per household, and non-recurring.

Wait a second... I just found out that the promo code are non-recurring? :open_mouth:

• JabJabJabJab Member

Those are outside of my budget 7$ per year, but VirMach selling dedis on LET - woah.

• GanonkGanonk Member
    edited July 2021

@chocolateshirt said:
    Pertamax..

Those dedi look delicious...

i'm failed to get pertamax :( congrats for you :#

• edited July 2021

@FAT32 said:
    I just found out that the promo code are non-recurring? :open_mouth:

Must be a mistake.
    It says on each server that is recurring, and it's specified on my invoice that the promotional code is recurring.

@danielcardosopt said:
    It says on each server that is recurring, and it's specified on my invoice that the promotional code is recurring.

You never know how many times I re-read each of VirMach's comments ever since VirMach's easter egg culture :joy: I have to read very carefully and check every links / words / styles / italic / underline / bold afraid it might be intentional.

I still remember the comment regarding the FFL deal... I checked that comment at least a hundred times...

Thanked by 2nyamenk dahartigan
  • @FAT32 said:

You never know how many times I re-read each of VirMach's comments ever since VirMach's easter egg culture :joy: I have to read very carefully and check every links / words / styles / italic / underline / bold afraid it might be intentional.

Found it yet? Waiting for you to spend some money :D

@Salomon123 said:
    Found it yet? Waiting for you to spend some money :D

Sadly no... it feels harder this time and there isn't too many logical moves but rather guessing. If I found the code I will buy it.

• It's Buffalo. It's always Buffalo.

Thanked by 1yoursunny
  • miumiu Member

great offer, BUT: BW is very little.. (i know, yes, many ppl begin write "it's depend on use".. but i say for myself)

@miu said:
    great offer, BUT: BW is very little.. (i know, yes, many ppl begin write "it's depend on use".. but i say for myself)

I don't even think I used 10TB in 1 year all my servers combined... But ya I understand it matters for some people

Thanked by 1miu
  • DPDP Administrator, The Domain Guy

These dedis should come with complimentary Wings.

Thanked by 2dahartigan bulbasaur
  • miumiu Member

@FAT32 said:

@miu said:

I don't even think I used 10TB in 1 year all my servers combined... But ya I understand it matters for some people

I believe, BUT I have clients/or websites, who are able eat 10TB stand alone monthly :'(

Thanked by 1FAT32
  • @VirMach said:

DOUBLE BANDWIDTH

No

That hurts

Thanked by 2yoursunny o_be_one
  • wahyanwahyan Member

Will my server suspended after 10TB? Or will it automatic charge by usage afterwards?

• CybrCybr Member

Some nice offers here.

It's a shame that most locations are limited to 16GB ram. Any chance of being able to pay more to upgrade the ram after the migration if we require more ram?

• @VirMach said:
    DOUBLE BANDWIDTH

No

Why not?

Thanked by 1bdl

@Cybr said:
    Some nice offers here.

It's a shame that most locations are limited to 16GB ram. Any chance of being able to pay more to upgrade the ram after the migration if we require more ram?

Hi, if you mean pre-migration, all E3-HDL will only have 16GB. Post-migration, if you pick a Buffalo server (E3-SD, E3-HD, E3-HD+, E3-SD+) then you can change locations and you can also request to keep 32GB RAM.

If you really want to add 16GB RAM pre-migration, it's possible but it'll be hands fee + cost of the RAM. Could end up being around $100 setup.

@wahyan said:
    Will my server suspended after 10TB? Or will it automatic charge by usage afterwards?

Suspended which just means network port gets turned off.

Thanked by 1Cybr
  • @VirMach said:

@wahyan said:

So it'll still be accessible through VNC (albeit without network access)?

edited July 2021

@stevewatson301 said:

@VirMach said:

@wahyan said:

So it'll still be accessible through VNC (albeit without network access)?

I believe all of these use the 1x 1Gigabit network port for IPMI so it would also break IPMI functionality. Therefore it's effectively the same as a suspension but it's just not a suspension.

(Edit) On our end it will also say suspended.

Sorry, I don't know why I didn't just say yes. I was answering this too specifically. Let's call it a suspension, yes.

• GayRunGayRun Member

Approximately when will it be deployed?

@GayRun said:
    Approximately when will it be deployed?

First batch of orders will go out by the afternoon (it's 6:40AM right now.)