Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Custom ISO mount - Soyoustart
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Custom ISO mount - Soyoustart

Hello ,

I would like to know if there are people among you who use the services of Soyoustart.

Is it possible from the Rescue mode to install a custom ISO without going through the KVM that sells us since it is impossible to mount a virtual ISO from their KVM.

Comments

• Any one have any idea ?

• Following! been trying to figure this out, although,I'm pretty sure it's somehow connected to the ftp backup.

• jmgcaguiclajmgcaguicla Member
    edited July 2021

Run the install from a qemu instance with the raw drive attached

• angstromangstrom Moderator

@burkely001 said:
    Following! been trying to figure this out, although,I'm pretty sure it's somehow connected to the ftp backup.

Congrats on your first post

• AllHost_RepAllHost_Rep Member, Patron Provider
    edited July 2021

What KVM access are they providing these days?

A couple of years ago I was provided with IPMI which allowed me to attach virtual media through the Java console or using the supermicro CLI to mount it locally from my machine in conjuction with the HTML5 viewer.

• aquaaqua Member, Patron Provider

@AllHost_Ben said:
    What KVM access are they providing these days?

A couple of years ago I was provided with IPMI which allowed me to attach virtual media through the Java console or using the supermicro CLI to mount it locally from my machine in conjuction with the HTML5 viewer.

I believe they have some KVM such thing that you can access through their Java Applet. Have never tried, so I wouldn't really know.

• @waffleuncle said: Soyoustart

My host provided me with IPMI KVM and it works pretty good for me.

• The prob is now on they IPMI they not providing any access into ISO mounting.
    It's now just display and allowed keyboard and mouse in-put that's it

• I remember in the past with Kimsufi i've just boostrapped the OS i wanted. Also if you can boot on iPXE you can just load netboot.xyz from there.

• waffleunclewaffleuncle Member
    edited July 2021

They have NetBoot!
    Here

• Oh if they support netboot.xyz, and you are not talking about the possibility to netboot on their GRE kernel or on rescue, then it's the route to go :). My memories reminds me "NetBoot" with those caps is more about booting dedi on rescue mode or on their pre-compiled kernel. I may be wrong.

• I did it :D Qemu is life

• angstromangstrom Moderator

@o_be_one said:
    Oh if they support netboot.xyz, and you are not talking about the possibility to netboot on their GRE kernel or on rescue, then it's the route to go :). My memories reminds me "NetBoot" with those caps is more about booting dedi on rescue mode or on their pre-compiled kernel. I may be wrong.

But you may be right: it's not clear (based on what @waffleuncle presented) that they really support netboot.xyz

Thanked by 1o_be_one
  • Who loves waffles

Thanked by 1waffleuncle