Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Looking for 3 VPSes to replace my Hostsolution servers
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Looking for 3 VPSes to replace my Hostsolution servers

I'm looking for 3 VPSes to replace my current servers with HS.
The disk can be SSD no need to be NVME, will frequently reinstall the OS, so no limit on reinstallation would be nice.
Yearly payment via Paypal preferred.
The location is not relevant but I have a pool connection to Australia.

I'm looking for
1 or 2 (v)Cores,
2Gb RAM,
50 Gb of Storage
Network Speed: 200M
Bandwidth: 2000GB
IP (v4): 1
Budget: no more than 20 a year preferred, but adjustable.
Billing: Yearly

Thanks.

Comments

• Why any host will limit the number of times an OS is reinstalled? It's upto the customer if i'm not wrong.

Thanked by 1webcraft
  • NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran

@vladimirlenin said:
    Why any host will limit the number of times an OS is reinstalled? It's upto the customer if i'm not wrong.

Well, you could limit the I/O and cpu usage that is going to be used on a reinstall, maybe they can't so they limit that instead.

In general a reinstall is causing some CPU and I/O spikes and can impact the Node performance.

• yoursunnyyoursunny Member, IPv6 Advocate
    edited July 2021

@delimiter said:
    2Gb RAM,

Wait for Black Friday @VirMach thread, if they didn't collapse by then.
    If you stay up all day all night for a week, you'll get gems like:

2 vCPU
    1920MB RAM
    45GB SSD
    $8.88/year
    Los Angeles location

@vladimirlenin said:
    Why any host will limit the number of times an OS is reinstalled?

VirMach Black Friday plans limit to 1 reinstall, but only enforced in WHMCS.
    You can reinstall all you want in SolusVM.

Moreover, if you reinstall manually via netboot.xyz, it's virtually indistinguishable from normal usage.

HostHongKong NAT plans limit to 1 reinstall per month, which can be enforced because they are OpenVZ.
    I don't have one though, so this is based on my reading.

• HostSlickHostSlick Member, Patron Provider

Can help you out and do as above 18 Euro/ year

KVM VPS
    1 vcore
    2Gb RAM,
    50 Gb of Storage
    Network Speed: 1gbit shared port.
    Ipv6: 1 (/64 if requested)

Order: DM me

Thanked by 2webcraft delimiter
  • his website is still up and running though

• @notarobo said:
    his website is still up and running though

lol, pretty sure by now everyone has given up all hope on a return. He's been banned from here now, so there's that too.

• hostnamastehostnamaste Member, Patron Provider

@delimiter said:
    The disk can be SSD no need to be NVME, will frequently reinstall the OS, so no limit on reinstallation would be nice.

I'm looking for
    1 or 2 (v)Cores,
    2Gb RAM,
    50 Gb of Storage

Thanks.

We have $20/year OpenVZ 7 VPS offers available in France and Canada, but with slightly lower configuration. However, we can offer the custom server as well, please send PM or open a sales ticket from our site.

Thanked by 1delimiter
  • VirMachVirMach Member, Patron Provider

We're posting a similar offer soon. It was planned to be $21 but I've increased the disk a little bit so right now it's looking like $25 a year instead. We may be doing one-time discount to bring it lower than that for the first year, so it'll be very close to your asking price.

If you (as in you, @delimiter) do end up ordering it then tag me here with your order number and I can add 10GB to it for you, and also make the price $20 a year recurring (and refund the difference.*)

2 GB RAM
    40 GB SSD
    2 vCORE
    4TB Bandwidth @ 1Gbps
    1 IPv4

$25/YR

*Crypto is non-refundable, so if you use that it'll go to store credits instead.

Thanked by 2delimiter kkrajk
  • ofitofit Member

@VirMach said:
    We're posting a similar offer soon. It was planned to be $21 but I've increased the disk a little bit so right now it's looking like $25 a year instead. We may be doing one-time discount to bring it lower than that for the first year, so it'll be very close to your asking price.

If you (as in you, @delimiter) do end up ordering it then tag me here with your order number and I can add 10GB to it for you, and also make the price $20 a year recurring (and refund the difference.*)

2 GB RAM
    40 GB SSD
    2 vCORE
    4TB Bandwidth @ 1Gbps
    1 IPv4

$25/YR

*Crypto is non-refundable, so if you use that it'll go to store credits instead.

What locations?

• If OP is intending to replace a HS box, my instinct is to assume it's for nothing more than downloading torrents. I don't think there's many providers on here who would be willing to match HS's policy of not responding to any copyright claims, etc.

Is that a fair assumption?

@VirMach could I for instance use your $21 box to download "hot" torrents from public trackers without getting any infringement claims?

• hyperblasthyperblast Member
    edited July 2021

@VirMach said:

2 GB RAM
    40 GB SSD
    2 vCORE
    4TB Bandwidth @ 1Gbps
    1 IPv4

$25/YR

sir. @VirMach
    did pm you. no response.
    question: is this offer still availible?
    https://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/comment/3246017#Comment_3246003

@ofit said:

@VirMach said:

2 GB RAM
    40 GB SSD
    2 vCORE
    4TB Bandwidth @ 1Gbps
    1 IPv4

$25/YR

What locations?

Pretty much all of them except Phoenix and Frankfurt. If you want Phoenix and Frankfurt we can technically do that as well, maybe comment on the offer thread with your order number but as long as you understand that it will eventually be moved to Amsterdam Ryzen or Los Angeles Ryzen. We mighttttt bring back one or both of these locations later if there's more demand but not at this time.

@dahartigan said: @VirMach could I for instance use your $21 box to download "hot" torrents from public trackers without getting any infringement claims?

I don't think we have ever received copyright/infringement claims for torrents that ask us to do anything more than just forward it to the customer and tell them to stop, mostly from HBO.

Our standard procedure is to forward the message and tell you to remove the content.

Most copyright infringement claims are from people directly hosting copyrighted material on their websites.

Thanked by 1dahartigan
  • @VirMach said:

@ofit said:

@VirMach said:

2 GB RAM
    40 GB SSD
    2 vCORE
    4TB Bandwidth @ 1Gbps
    1 IPv4

$25/YR

What locations?

Pretty much all of them except Phoenix and Frankfurt. If you want Phoenix and Frankfurt we can technically do that as well, maybe comment on the offer thread with your order number but as long as you understand that it will eventually be moved to Amsterdam Ryzen or Los Angeles Ryzen. We mighttttt bring back one or both of these locations later if there's more demand but not at this time.

@dahartigan said: @VirMach could I for instance use your $21 box to download "hot" torrents from public trackers without getting any infringement claims?

I don't think we have ever received copyright/infringement claims for torrents that ask us to do anything more than just forward it to the customer and tell them to stop, mostly from HBO.

Our standard procedure is to forward the message and tell you to remove the content.

Most copyright infringement claims are from people directly hosting copyrighted material on their websites.

Hmm.. sir @VirMach - THANK YOU for that perfect answer :)

• @VirMach storage offers please

• mikewazarmikewazar Member
    edited July 2021

@notarobo said:
    his website is still up and running though

It's hosted on Hetzner lol (88.198.25.70)

• ofitofit Member

@VirMach said:

@ofit said:

@VirMach said:

2 GB RAM
    40 GB SSD
    2 vCORE
    4TB Bandwidth @ 1Gbps
    1 IPv4

$25/YR

What locations?

That mean that you will transfer my current intel NL VPS to Ryzen NL VPS? Will performance be better on AMD then Intel ?

• @dahartigan said:
    If OP is intending to replace a HS box, my instinct is to assume it's for nothing more than downloading torrents. I don't think there's many providers on here who would be willing to match HS's policy of not responding to any copyright claims, etc.

Is that a fair assumption?

@VirMach could I for instance use your $21 box to download "hot" torrents from public trackers without getting any infringement claims?

All my torrents are on feralhosting, using other than seedbox will mostly cause me and the provider into some kind of trouble which I do want to.

Needs these servers for testing my projects before putting them in the work envirnment and some random pieces of stuff that come up to my mind.

Thanked by 1dahartigan
  • @HostSlick Thanks for the offer, will take it into consideration.
    @hostnamaste Sorry not to be clear, I mostly using Docker, I knew that OVZ7 supports it, but KVM is what I familiars.
    @VirMach Looking forward, I do have 3 VPSes with you now and more than happy with it so far.

• hostnamastehostnamaste Member, Patron Provider

@delimiter said:
    @hostnamaste Sorry not to be clear, I mostly using Docker, I knew that OVZ7 supports it, but KVM is what I familiars.

I got it, we have posted on our 1GB RAM KVM VPS offer however it is at $24/year in Dallas and NYC, check if it under your budget - https://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/172446/4th-of-july-offer-kvm-vps-at-24-year-in-dallas-texas-buffalo-nyc-usa-hostnamaste/

• georgedatacentergeorgedatacenter Member, Patron Provider

@delimiter said:

I'm looking for
    1 or 2 (v)Cores,
    2Gb RAM,
    50 Gb of Storage

Thanks.

I can help you with this in Amsterdam

• You want 50GB of NVME for less than $20/year it is crazy?

• dfroedfroe Member, Host Rep

@livenletlive said:
    You want 50GB of NVME for less than $20/year it is crazy?

Nope, he doesn't.

@delimiter said:
    The disk can be SSD no need to be NVME

• @VirMach said:

2 GB RAM
    40 GB SSD
    2 vCORE
    4TB Bandwidth @ 1Gbps
    1 IPv4

$25/YR

my rock hard cowboy cock throbs for virmach offers

Thanked by 2VirMach dahartigan
  • @VirMach said:

Well, that's about to change.

• @TimboJones said:

@VirMach said:

Hasn't it, already ?

• @rahulks said:

@TimboJones said:

@VirMach said:

Hasn't it, already ?

No, Virmach just said as much. My joke was that now there'll be a bunch of new signups that now cause the majority of DMCA notices to come from using public trackers.

• @VirMach said:

2 GB RAM
    40 GB SSD
    2 vCORE
    4TB Bandwidth @ 1Gbps
    1 IPv4

$25/YR

Thanks to every who give the offer, I end up going with @VirMach .

@VirMach Thanks for the offer, my order id is 7528724098.

@delimiter said:

@VirMach said:

2 GB RAM
    40 GB SSD
    2 vCORE
    4TB Bandwidth @ 1Gbps
    1 IPv4

$25/YR

We've re-doubled your auto doubled double bandwidth! You now have 16TB bandwidth on all 3 services instead of the original 2TB requested. Please reboot for the quarter-doubled disk to take effect, and remember that we've doubled down on the discount and it's recurring now.

• @VirMach said:

@delimiter said:

@VirMach said:

2 GB RAM
    40 GB SSD
    2 vCORE
    4TB Bandwidth @ 1Gbps
    1 IPv4

$25/YR

We've re-doubled your auto doubled double bandwidth! You now have 16TB bandwidth on all 3 services instead of the original 2TB requested. Please reboot for the quarter-doubled disk to take effect, and remember that we've doubled down on the discount and it's recurring now.

Jesus that's a hell of a deal!!