Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

cociu - hostsolutions.ro - NETSILVANIA | Move your services! - Page 76
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

cociu - hostsolutions.ro - NETSILVANIA | Move your services!

Comments

• msattmsatt Member

Great to hear it will be Monday - So I assume this is the same Monday as before...... that just came and went. cociu has a proven record of failing to meet targets so don't hold your breath.

• defaultdefault Veteran

@FAT32 said:

@LTniger said:
    Wanna bet? :D

Can I bet?

Where?

• AlwaysSkintAlwaysSkint Member
    edited June 2021

LMFTFY, otherwise things could get sticky/messy:

@serv_ee said: Can't wait 'til jsg comes and says "I told you so".

Hmm..

@FAT32 said: Can I bet?

It's a swizz!

Thanked by 2FAT32 BlaZe
  • @default said:

@FAT32 said:

@LTniger said:

Can I bet?

Where?

Welcome back. Guess Borta kicked your ass after all for getting paid but not posting on this thread. Do remember to find popcorn gifs to reply to my accusations :lol:

• mikewazarmikewazar Member
    edited June 2021

@cociu said:
    2) some people acuse us for sell 193 prefix ... yes i sell it in order to get money

You sold the range my VPS was hosted on without any notification or acknowledgement of any kind and continued to invoice me for it.

You really didn't care enough to even put a notice up (backdated or not) lol

Only ±640 IPs on your ASN respond to a ping... I'm guessing those are the dedicated server customers you mentioned having no downtime.

• @rcy026 said: We must have a seriously different definition of the word unprofessional.

I'm not saying that cociu is professional by any stretch of the imagination, and I don't expect exemplary professionalism from him. What I'm saying is it's unprofessional for providers to be "speculating" on another provider in their offer/drama thread while the provider is still very much alive, just not active at all in the conversation.

edited June 2021

@stevewatson301 said:

@cociu said: some people acuse us for sell 193 prefix ... yes i sell it in order to get money to buy new hdd

Can you at least confirm if the users from these IP ranges were migrated, because I hear some of your customers were kept with the same IPs during the time of the sale?

My server on 193.148.70.x is still down. The panel says everything is fine and does not show an IP change. This @cociu dude rugged his customers and then followed up with

so we have plenty ips unused

So why the fuck did you sell the ranges in use? @cociu

Thanked by 2wions dystopia
  • bulbasaurbulbasaur Member
    edited June 2021

@dahartigan said: What I'm saying is it's unprofessional for providers to be "speculating"

The providers commented as they see it. This is business -- maybe you don't care about providing equivalent value to what your customers pay for, but for any semi-decent provider, this is a cardinal sin.

And it's not as if any of the speculation was incorrect. If you feel otherwise, read the thread, including the comment above mine, and see if selling off what customers are using right now and have paid for is okay with you.

Thanked by 1iKeyZ
  • momkinmomkin Member

44> @mikewazar said:
    He needs cash , that's why !

• pikepike Veteran

@mikewazar said:

He stated that he sold "spammed" IPs, that were abused in the past. That indicates clients will be moved to different IPs that are clean(er).

Thanked by 1skorous
  • his new IPs will be power by renewable invulnerable energy?

• LeviLevi Member

@pike said:

@mikewazar said:

He stated that he sold "spammed" IPs, that were abused in the past. That indicates clients will be moved to different IPs that are clean(er).

And if those IPs also will be tainted? He will sell them to provide "clean" ones? Probably it was his biggest subnet to bank on.

Thanked by 1mikewazar
    edited June 2021

@pike said:

@mikewazar said:

I call BS on his claim. He understands his target market and giving a fresh range to Tor nodes, pirates, C2's and other crap makes no sense. If he wanted money, he would have sold fresh, unused ranges for market price and not sold blacklisted in use ranges for whatever he sold it for.

He claims to have unused IPs, if you're cash strapped you sell THOSE, not the ones clients are actually using.

• defaultdefault Veteran
    edited June 2021

@stevewatson301 said:

@default said:

@FAT32 said:

@LTniger said:

Can I bet?

Where?

Welcome back. Guess Borta kicked your ass after all for getting paid but not posting on this thread. Do remember to find popcorn gifs to reply to my accusations :lol:

I am not paid by cociu. My only relation with HostSolutions is that I have 2 servers with that company.

If it's a bet, yes, I'm back. If someone organizes a betting for/against HostSolutions, I'm in. People are talking, and talking, and accusing. I am willing to put my money where my mouth is.

• LeviLevi Member

@default said:

@stevewatson301 said:

@default said:

@FAT32 said:

@LTniger said:

Can I bet?

Where?

I am not paid by cociu. My only relation with HostSolutions is that I have 2 servers with that company.

If it's a bet, yes, I'm back. If someone organizes a betting for/against HostSolutions, I'm in. People are talking, and talking, and accusing. I am willing to put my money where my mouth is.

Do you have involucrated services with Borta? If yes, are you satisfied with how it is provided to you?

• AlwaysSkintAlwaysSkint Member
    edited June 2021

^ Ahh, we're moving to a straw poll now. :D

• dedicatserver_rodedicatserver_ro Member, Host Rep

Didn't you understand how the Ponzi scheme works?

• you have to save time, if all the customers ask for their money at once everything is blocked and you don't have time to put anything aside
    • tell customers what they want to hear, HS is the promise champion
  • FalzoFalzo Member

here is my bet: $7 on "nothing is going to happen in the next three days or even on monday (06/21/2021)" - which means, no reprovisioning of service to any affected customer nor any freely given refund to any affected customer.

• bulbasaurbulbasaur Member
    edited June 2021

The problem is that I can't even prove that these IP ranges were actually in use, since it's been deannounced for > 15 days Shodan/ipinfo etc. have wiped all records of anything being there on the IP range.

Well played @cociu.

• @stevewatson301 said: Shodan/ipinfo etc. have wiped all records

Wish someone would do the same to Shodan!

• lentrolentro Member, Host Rep

@msatt said: don't hold your breath

And if you're nearing 180 days for a PayPal dispute, dispute anyways. Don't risk it.

• jsgjsg Member, Resident Benchmarker

@stevewatson301 said:

@smallbibi said: I personally disagree with all the people who talk about how this was bound to happen and about how the business is unsustainable

Except that the business was unsustainable. Limited promotions are fine, but running promos all the time, will lead to a situation where you're simply not making the money that you spend to provide the service.

Was it really? Does anyone here really think that @cociu inserted private money from his other business(es), family, credit again and again just to keep an unsustainable hobby - because that's what it be then - up and running?
    Also, do you really know his costs, his available funds, his companies salary structure, etc? I don't think so.
    => your assertion may sound reasonable but is untenable.

@BlaZe said:
    @jsg - please read:

@BlaZe said:
    You are a smart person, don't get burned in the fire that you did not start.\

STOP DEFENDING HIM. Move on.

EDIT:
    Unless, you are getting paid (in cash or kind) by him to do so, then its a different story.

STOP the "you are defending him" INNUENDO as well as the "you are paid by cociu" allusions.
    BOTH ARE WRONG. If I'm defending anything it's not cociu but discourse culture and logic and reason.

@seriesn said:
    Good stuff brother. Wish ya all the best.

You (and almost everybody here) know that I'm a big NexusBytes as well as seriesn fan - and that hasn't changed, but wrt post of yours: Uhum, sure, 'wish you all the best' as in doing a "refugee" offer right here in this thread ... yeah, right. A true 'brother'.

@serv_ee said:
    Can't wait til jsg comes and "I told you so".

Would that be needed? I don't think so. Those with some sense of fairness left probably understood already. And those who are what my grandma used to call "dirty people" will never get it, but then their game is a different one anyway, one about bashing, slandering, and barking (fwiw I do not count you in the latter).

@cociu

Pardon me but do you have a brain damage? I don't see any other explanation for what you just did. Get it already! you have no basis whatsoever to expect any trust, because you destroyed that basis

So, thank you for finally giving us some statement and explanations, but

• that came way too late
    • that is just words and promises (which are largely worthless around here)

Give us FACTS, facts as in 'the first x customers have got their refund', as in 'our refund capacity is about x customer refunds per day and that's what we work hard to actually do'.

Plus, if you are smart you'll deliver a "done so far" report here each and every day until all refunds are completed and all remaining IP ranges and systems are in good shape and you can rightfully say that HS is up and running again.

Thanked by 2seriesn pike
  • wionswions Member

@cociu my server of six weeks has been down for over a month. It is in the range of IPs you've already sold. I initiated a chargeback through PayPal because you sold the IP address corresponding to my server and completely failed to respond to my tickets regarding the extended downtime. How do I get my data back off the server?

• StrypStryp Member
    edited June 2021

I told you all on Involucrated.com to not panic and open a ticket. Text updated to reflect current state of affairs.

Thanked by 1larmarat
  • @wions said:
    @cociu my server of six weeks has been down for over a month. It is in the range of IPs you've already sold. I initiated a chargeback through PayPal because you sold the IP address corresponding to my server and completely failed to respond to my tickets regarding the extended downtime. How do I get my data back off the server?

Hah! Your data is gone.

• wionswions Member

@drunkendog said:

@wions said:

Hah! Your data is gone.

It's looking that way. And now my tickets have been deleted as well. What a professional businessman @cociu is!

• jsgjsg Member, Resident Benchmarker

@raindog308 said:

@serverian said: He goes around and looks for popular views. Then he goes all the length to say the opposite of what he calls the herd view.

I would say that @jsg takes a "hard empiricist" view of the world. He reminds me of a Fair Witness in Heinlein's "Stranger in a Strange Land". Unless there is documented proof, he is not willing to cede something as fact. While a large majority of people might make jumps from point A to point B based on their experience, what they perceive as inevitably true, or just a high likelihood of the connection being made, @jsg holds to a more precise standard.

That's not criticism, just an observation, and like all humans, he's probably not 100% consistent.

Yes, I'm a human and certainly not 100% consistent. But I try hard, plus fairness is very important to me.
    As for my intellectual approach, yes, you got it, plus there's an additional element: logic. In my field 99.9% isn't worth much more than 1%. Simple reason: if there is a "hole" in some implementation sooner or later it will be detected and all security vanishes into thin air. Funny example: A while ago I re-implemented an AEAD finalist (reference implementation) and found a tiny but absolutely lethal logic error (plus an off by 1 code error) because I, unlike the author it seems, actually did formally verify both the algorithm and the implementation.

There is only one way to secure software and that is rigorous and - verifiably - correct design and implementation. Period.

And yes, of course being subjected to that hard rule every day during work influences ones "private" everyday thinking. But frankly, while I can understand that many experience my way as cumbersome and "fun spoiling", I think that we all profit from having people like me around in the long run.
    Whatever, I can guarantee that my general disposition is generally friendly and I have no interest at all to "rip someone apart" (modulo rare exceptions. I'm a human after all, forgive me).

• @jsg i understand your sentiments here and I like speaking to you because you like to speak facts and not gossips.

I said this before and I will say it again,
    I am pro consumer. My refuge offer was in retaliation to this said providers sales email, while ignoring support communication. A very distasteful behavior.

Let’s look at the time line,

• Some months back, Servers in certain locations suffers 9 hours down time for some “network upgrade” and comes back online with a physics defying 1ms ping between two locations, that are supposed to be 800km apart. Public spokesperson, who said, he is not a techie and this is due to some magic tunnel.
    • Said person gets sued by their direct upstream for unpaid invoice that I recall was close to 60k? Even if 30% of that were “fees” that could be negotiated down, the end balance is close to 40 for settlement. (Speculation. No fucking clue what the true settlement would be).
    • Said person claims 400 hard drives went kapoot, due to ups failure? That’s not how UPS failure works. Webnx had a complete dc that got soaked in water and still didn’t lose half of that many data.
    • Said person comes in after sometime, claiming he is so busy, he couldn’t communicate with anyone. But, a fancy big but, the person has time to create and send sales email, the person has time to create “multiple” advertisements on some e-commerce website, to sell the hardwares, that by his own word were “defective”. Said person can go online, sign NDA, complete escrow process to sell live IP block.
    • If that person isn’t a techie, what is he/she busy with? So busy that can’t respond to billing ticket, that doesn’t require technical skill? Answer forum questions?
    • Person claims 3000 customers were affected. But, didn’t/doesn’t even announce 3000 IP in that location (public data), none the less have them as actively provisioned.
    • Person continues to promise and break promises, as if his words are not a “mans word”
    • This person is a pathological liar and feel free to hate me (anyone) for it, but while host solutions as a brand might be awesome, you guys are publicly defending a pathological liar.

Not a person who doesn’t know how to communicate. Not a person who doesn’t know how to speak English. Not a person who doesn’t have money. Not a person who is doing his best to take care of his customers. No.

You are defending a liar. I repeat myself and feel free to quote me on this when proven wrong and I will eat my own word. This person is a liar.

My response that you just quoted on the above comment is sarcasm.

I am a business man and just like this person, my bread and butter comes from multiple retail stores, that I own and operate across the nation. You don’t see me dicking my customers around. I am pro consumer.

Lowend talk is a consumer forum and seeing consumers getting dicked around is wrong. I don’t care even if it is the lowend god Francisco, that I respect so much and consider a great role model, if he were to fuck with customers, I would have said the same.

• @mikewazar said:

@cociu said:
    2) some people acuse us for sell 193 prefix ... yes i sell it in order to get money

You sold the range my VPS was hosted on without any notification or acknowledgement of any kind and continued to invoice me for it.

You really didn't care enough to even put a notice up (backdated or not) lol

Only ±640 IPs on your ASN respond to a ping... I'm guessing those are the dedicated server customers you mentioned having no downtime.

Really sounds like a very sincere provider that just goes through some problems.

• LeeLee Veteran

When did this stop really being about HS and become a pissing contest between the few? About 72 pages ago..

This discussion has been closed.