Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Core i7 Dedicated Server with 500GB SSD + 16TB HDD in Norway! Limited stock!
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Core i7 Dedicated Server with 500GB SSD + 16TB HDD in Norway! Limited stock!

terrahostterrahost Member, Patron Provider
edited June 2021 in Offers

Looking for an unmetered dedicated server with a lot of storage? Look no further! :)

Who are we?

Terrahost is a hosting provider founded in 2006 located in Sandefjord, Norway. We own and operate our own datacenters. The newest datacenter DC2 was completed in Q2 2018 and is built within a bunker. We also have DC1 rebuilt in 2018-2019 which is our Colocation facilities.

Check out our latest datacenter DC2: The Bunker here: https://terrahost.no/datasenter

LG: http://lg.terrahost.no/
AS Info: https://bgp.he.net/AS56655
BGP session: Yes, free
Prefix announcements: Yes, free
Recurring: Yes

Transits
Altibox (AS29695)
Telia Norway (AS25400)
Blix Solutions (AS50304)

IX
NIX1 - Oslo
FIXO - Oslo
DATAIX - Stockholm
Global-IX - Stockholm
FSIX - Locally in our facilities, free 1G / 10G ports (https://fsix.no)

XO to IXes in Oslo is available upon request.

Stock: 5
Intel Core i7-3770
8GB RAM
500GB SSD
2 x 8TB HDD
Port: 1 Gbps (Semi-dedicated, ratio 3.2:1)
Bandwidth: Unmetered
IPv4: 1
IPv6: 1 + /48 Routed

69 EUR / month
Involucrated: No
Order here: https://terrahost.no/bestilling?pid=3745

Friendly reminders!

Order must be paid within 2 hours or it will be cancelled for others to buy.
Chia plotting is not allowed.
Chia farming is allowed.

Comments

• LeviLevi Member

@terrahost said: Chia plotting is not allowed. Farming or hosting plots is not an issue.

Is this some sort of riddle?

• terrahostterrahost Member, Patron Provider

@LTniger said:
    Is this some sort of riddle?

Made it more clear :)

Thanked by 1Levi
  • FAT32FAT32 Administrator, Deal Compiler Extraordinaire

@terrahost said:

Thanked by 1dahartigan
  • rm_rm_ IPv6 Advocate, Veteran
    edited June 2021

@terrahost said: Chia plotting is not allowed.

Chia farming is allowed.

How do you figure what customer is doing inside their dedicated server?

I mean, until after they ask for SSD replacement due to failure.

• NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran
    edited June 2021

@rm_ said:

@terrahost said: Chia plotting is not allowed.

Chia farming is allowed.

My disk broke suddenly after 2 weeks, now its broke again.
    Please replace.

@rm_ said:

We don't. But we will look into it should we receive requests for replacements. These servers have brand new drives all around so it's easy to figure out :)

They also can run it into over 9000 TBW burnt but still not failed, and then just cancel the server. So the next customer gets a worn out disk and possibly a failure pretty soon.

What I mean is this squarely looks like an attempt to profit from the mining craze, while taking precautions against the associated risks. And my point is it might be not possible to take those precautions to any workable degree, when providing dedicated servers.

If you wanted to make this unfit for "plotting" anyway, better off just removing the SSD.

• is this available ?? i gonna use it as file sharing/stream etc

@fayaz90 said:
    is this available ?? i gonna use it as file sharing/stream etc

Yes we have a few more available :) Will be delivered over the weekend.

• pbxpbx Member
    edited June 2021

@terrahost said: Involucrated: No

Well, we do remember that some of the last non-involucrated HS nodes are hosted in your datacenter.

Their potential involucration in a close future could bring this involucration thing out of control, if it spreads as easily as the "Delta" Covid-19 variant. Be extra careful!

@pbx said:

Well, we do remember that some of the last non-involucrated HS nodes are hosted in your datacenter.

Their potential involucration in a close future could bring this involucration thing out of control, if it spreads as easily as the "Delta" Covid-19 variant. Be extra careful!

Just put this up in the DC at strategic locations. No involucration will happen here to any drive!

• Kinda wanna buy it just for the memes posted here :P

Thanked by 2Falzo dfroe
  • MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran

@rm_ said: If you wanted to make this unfit for "plotting" anyway, better off just removing the SSD.

I have done some experiments at home, I am able to plot even by using an external usb disk as temp, so anything is fit, IMO.

edited June 2021

@Maounique said: I am able to plot even by using an external usb disk as temp, so anything is fit, IMO.

Yeah I know a few people who just plot using HDDs. So it's workable and in case of renting wouldn't wear out other people's (= hoster's) SSD. While HDDs are not being worn out nearly as much by continuous writing.

• @terrahost said:

@pbx said:

Just put this up in the DC at strategic locations. No involucration will happen here to any drive!

That is pretty interesting that you would make fun of a (possibly still) paying customer.
    But who needs integrity, when you can get a few extra sales, am I right? :-)

• dynamodynamo Member

@NobodyInteresting said: But who needs integrity, when you can get a few extra sales

Who needs sense of humour when NobodyInteresting

Terrahost are awesome folks. Unlike your HS joker, they aren't scrambling for sales.

Thanked by 1wions
  • @dynamo said:

@NobodyInteresting said: But who needs integrity, when you can get a few extra sales

Terrahost are awesome folks. Unlike your HS joker, they aren't scrambling for sales.

Don't get me wrong, cociu fucked up majorly and deserves everything coming to him.

But when their upstream are profiting on his fuckups - that looks very distasteful.

• mike1smike1s Member

@NobodyInteresting said:

@dynamo said:

Don't get me wrong, cociu fucked up majorly and deserves everything coming to him.

But when their upstream are profiting on his fuckups - that looks very distasteful.

Agreed, this isn't cool at all.

Thanked by 1NobodyInteresting
  • FAT32FAT32 Administrator, Deal Compiler Extraordinaire

@NobodyInteresting said:

I don't look at it this way, it is both entertaining and also implies they are trying their best to ensure all drives are up to a certain standard.

For me, this is a lot better than providers who just copy-and-paste their deals every time. It shows that a provider involved in the community to come up with such marketing.

If you look at their website, they are selling about the exact same dedicated server minus the 16TB HDD at the same price, so this is throwing in 16TB HDD for free. It might be profiting but they are also providing a solution for people who might have lost their servers to store their stuff.

• wionswions Member

@SWN_Michael said:

@NobodyInteresting said:

@dynamo said:

The blame lies entirely with the scammer known as @cociu. He has provided so little guidance or even basic communication people must draw their own conclusions. When you create that information vacuum, well, you reap the whirlwind.

• @wions said:

@SWN_Michael said:

@NobodyInteresting said:

@dynamo said:

The blame lies entirely with the scammer known as @cociu. He has provided so little guidance or even basic communication people must draw their own conclusions. When you create that information vacuum, well, you reap the whirlwind.

No person in their right mind would defend him.

But his upstream doing low blows is also not a great look, is what I am saying.

• @NobodyInteresting said: But his upstream doing low blows.

Maybe 'there's more to this than meets the eye?

• edited June 2021

@seriesn said:

@NobodyInteresting said: But his upstream doing low blows.

They take his money for services provided, yet they do this, and try to poach his customers..
    Doesn't look professional, to say the least.
    Now if they haven't been paid - thats a whole different story. But considering that his servers with them are up (or were up last few days I think) - nah, not cool.

Thanked by 2seriesn default
  • @NobodyInteresting said:

@seriesn said:

They take his money for services provided, yet they do this, and try to poach his customers..
    Now if they weren't getting paid by him - by all means - it would have been hilarious.

Agreed on the professionalism bit.

But we don’t know the true story and in my years of experience in the industry, no wholesaler/supplier likes to badmouth their retail clients, regardless of their size and pretty HS was/is a decent volume.

Hence I said, maybe there’s more to this story that obviously we won’t know and we can’t know because this shouldn’t be discussed publicly. Maybe Terahost is just bad at memes? Maybe there’s an unhappy divorce? Who knows.

But seeing how the whole thing is going on, the magic tunnel that some how travels 800KM under 1ms, after a 9 hour long down time, I wouldn’t be shocked.

Thanked by 1NobodyInteresting
  • edited June 2021

@seriesn said:

@NobodyInteresting said:

@seriesn said:

Now if they weren't getting paid by him - by all means - it would have been hilarious.

Agreed on the professionalism bit.

But we don’t know the true story and in my years of experience in the industry, no wholesaler/supplier likes to badmouth their retail clients, regardless of their size and pretty HS was/is a decent volume.

Hence I said, maybe there’s more to this story that obviously we won’t know and we can’t know because this shouldn’t be discussed publicly. Maybe Terahost is just bad at memes? Maybe there’s an unhappy divorce? Who knows.

But seeing how the whole thing is going on, the magic tunnel that some how travels 800KM under 1ms, after a 9 hour long down time, I wouldn’t be shocked.

Thats true.
    I didn't mean to come and bash Terra, I do have servers with them and like their service.
    But I wanted to let them know how it looks from a customer standpoint.

Hello,

It was never our intent to bash or hurt someone. We've been following the other thread for a long while now and while I've wanted to add a comment from time to time I've refrained from it since we need to be the professional part.

The picture was to add a bit of humor, which I know most of this forum will understand. We have nothing bad to say about HS, but in the spirit of this forum, this is what we came up with. I know some do not get it.

• @terrahost said:
    I know some do not get it.

Even I got that joke. It was fun indeed.

Thanked by 1wions
  • donkodonko Member

people cries for nothing :D nice meme offer

Thanked by 1wions
  • defaultdefault Veteran
    edited June 2021

@terrahost said:

[...] We have nothing bad to say about HS [...]

This is the important part which interests me the most.

Thank you for the meme offer too :smiley:

Thanked by 1pbx
  • @terrahost said:

LOL!

Thanked by 1pbx