Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

VPS in Montreal outside of OVH datacenter
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

VPS in Montreal outside of OVH datacenter

Looking for VPS providers in Montreal that don't host at OVH's facilities in Beauharnois

Comments

• I think @LittleCreek has some
    Also maybe @freerangecloud

Thanked by 1LobsterFan
  • freerangecloudfreerangecloud Member, Patron Provider

Not Montreal, but we have a POP at Nuday Networks outside of Toronto.

Thanked by 2LobsterFan greentea
  • bruh21bruh21 Member, Host Rep
    edited June 2021

weird, it seems like they use OVH IPs, but they do not use their DC

Thanked by 1LobsterFan
  • brueggusbrueggus Member, IPv6 Advocate

@bruh21 said:

Their Budget KVM line is hosted at HiveDatacenter, Montreal.

Thanked by 2bruh21 LobsterFan
  • edited June 2021

Limewave and the "budget" hosterlabs plans are both pretty good

• mike1smike1s Member

I'm thinking about opening up a location in MTL (non OVH). Will be fairly soon if this happens.

Thanked by 1LobsterFan
  • yoursunnyyoursunny Member, IPv6 Advocate

@bruh21 said:

Be sure to read Terms of Service carefully, especially the second to last section.

• @o_be_one said:
    ServaRICA @servarica_hani

What datacenter?

• servarica_haniservarica_hani Member, Patron Provider

@LobsterFan said:

@o_be_one said:
    ServaRICA @servarica_hani

What datacenter?

We are currently in eStruxture MTL3
    but we only use space and power from them we have our own network

Thanks

Thanked by 2LobsterFan o_be_one
  • brueggusbrueggus Member, IPv6 Advocate

@yoursunny said:

@bruh21 said:

Be sure to read Terms of Service carefully, especially the second to last section.

Ouch... I already forgot about that. Thanks for reminding me.

Thanked by 1NobodyInteresting

@brueggus said:

@bruh21 said:

Their Budget KVM line is hosted at HiveDatacenter, Montreal.

@yoursunny said:

@bruh21 said:

jesus christ. not a good look at all.

• What's wrong with the Terms of Service specifically? Kind of hard to pinpoint which is the "second to last section"

edited June 2021

@LobsterFan

Here it is:

Public Feedback

We have a zero tolerance policy for posting negative feedback on any public locations about our company and/or our employees before submitting a ticket to our "Suggestions & Complaints" Department to discuss your issue, this will result in immediate account termination without any refund.

Although it is your right to post feedback without discussing your issue with us first, it is undoubtedly unfair and unprofessional not to, which is not the type of client that we want to deal with. We have the utmost respect for all of our clients, and are more than fair with all of our clients. We will do anything and everything possible to keep all of our clients satisfied. But in the unlikely event you are not satisfied, all that we ask is to discuss your issue with our Complaints Department first. For example, if you are the type of person to run to the forums at the first chance you get to complain, please DO NOT SIGNUP with hosterlabs.net Inc in the first place.

Furthermore, all of our policies that pertain to keeping information given to us confidential including but not limited to our privacy policy, confidentiality agreement, non-disclose agreement are nullified once you discuss your experience publicly. For example, if you make a negative post in public, then you are waiving your protection of privacy at hosterlabs.net

• edited June 2021

Woah..
    Basically "you say something bad about us - we will release all the information we have on you to the public"...

I take my recommendation back then. Avoid at all costs. Thanks for pointing it out @yoursunny

• mike1smike1s Member
    edited June 2021

I'll be offering in Montreal (not in OVH) here soon. Waiting on hardware to arrive :)

• @SWN_Michael said:
    I'll be offering in Montreal (not in OVH) here soon. Waiting on hardware to arrive :)

Please keep us updated :-)

Thanked by 1mike1s
  • mike1smike1s Member

@NobodyInteresting said:

@SWN_Michael said:

Will do!

• Shot2Shot2 Member
    edited June 2021

@NobodyInteresting said:
    Woah..
    Basically "you say something bad about us - we will release all the information we have on you to the public"...

(Disclosure: I'm one of their customers; nothing to complain about till now; btw IIRC en-us is not their first language which may explain the harsh unusual phrasing of the TOS)

I may be naive or too kind, however I interpret that stance in the TOS as "should you behave like a complete dick on LET as so many before you, we reserve the right to expose you and your actions in return, even though it might involve disclosing some previous email/ticket exchanges".

Not "we will release all", but rather "we may release some" private info.

Even if probably not legal according to the laws of the land I'd still regard it as fair, considering the recurring drama and whining on LET. Wanna play dirty? then let's play dirty.

Thanked by 1LobsterFan
  • @Shot2 said: I'm one of their customers; nothing to complain about

Lulz

Thanked by 2Shot2 bulbasaur
  • @Shot2 said:

@NobodyInteresting said:
    Woah..

(Disclosure: I'm one of their customers; nothing to complain about till now; btw IIRC en-us is not their first language which may explain the harsh unusual phrasing of the TOS)

I may be naive or too kind, however I interpret that stance in the TOS as "should you behave like a complete dick on LET as so many before you, we reserve the right to expose you and your actions in return, even though it might involve disclosing some previous email/ticket exchanges".

Not "we will release all", but rather "we may release some" private info.

Even if probably not legal according to the laws of the land I'd still regard it as fair, considering the recurring drama and whining on LET. Wanna play dirty? then let's play dirty.

This exact kind of language is in a lot of ToS, so its likely they copied it from elsewhere

• Shot2Shot2 Member

@LobsterFan said:

@Shot2 said: I'm one of their customers; nothing to complain about

Lulz

(No, really, no jokin')
    (Please don't expose my private parts, dear host)

• mike1smike1s Member
    edited June 2021

@NobodyInteresting said:

@SWN_Michael said:

It's coming within the next 24-48 hours :) 3Tbps of DDoS filtering via Path (Tampa will be getting DDoS protection within the next week or two). Cogent and Zayo are the carriers for Montreal. Also we're doing Ryzen 9 3900X nodes in this location! This location is currently rented, with plans to move to owned hardware within the next few months if it does as well as Tampa has done for us.

• @SWN_Michael said:

@NobodyInteresting said:

@SWN_Michael said:

It's coming within the next 24-48 hours :) 3Tbps of DDoS filtering via Path (Tampa will be getting DDoS protection within the next week or two). Cogent and Zayo are the carriers for Montreal. Also we're doing Ryzen 9 3900X nodes in this location! This location is currently rented, with plans to move to owned hardware within the next few months if it does as well as Tampa has done for us.

Ohhh shiiiiit

Got a test IP? You can PM me :-)

• mike1smike1s Member
    edited June 2021

@NobodyInteresting said:

@SWN_Michael said:

@NobodyInteresting said:

@SWN_Michael said:

Ohhh shiiiiit

104.152.143.1 = DDoS Protection on this IP
    104.152.142.1 = UNFILTERED

• edited June 2021

@SWN_Michael said:

@NobodyInteresting said:

@SWN_Michael said:

@NobodyInteresting said:

@SWN_Michael said:

Ohhh shiiiiit

104.152.143.1 = DDoS Protection on this IP
    104.152.142.1 = UNFILTERED

Edit:
    Moved question to dedicated thread :-)

• skidsskids Member

@SWN_Michael said: UNFILTERED

This is banned user (and ddos skid/swatter) curtisg's next host after his last one was banned from here. I would take great care over going near this.