Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Do providers have APIs that serve lists of offers?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Do providers have APIs that serve lists of offers?

Most of the providers appear to use WHMCMS or similar. Do these have API's which allow you to get a full list of offers and specs? ( If so can any responders link to relevant documentation. )

Or do you need to write a web scraping tool?

Comments

• It can be done, here's an example: https://dah85.com/lists/myracknerdcom.html

• Did you have to write a scraping tool or does WHMCMS have an api?

• lentrolentro Member, Host Rep

Providers have to create their own APIs, WHMCS doesn't provide one by default and there doesn't seem to be a module for that.

At FluidStack, I recently helped to create one (and helped to create the whole custom client area too):
    https://docs.fluidstack.io/plans/

But for pretty much all providers, you need your own web scraping tool.

• It's a bit of both, really. I'll give you fair warning, it's a road paved with trouble.

• skorupionskorupion Member, Host Rep

@dahartigan said:
    It's a bit of both, really. I'll give you fair warning, it's a road paved with trouble.

its just scraping of all pid

• raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

@trycatchthis said: Most of the providers appear to use WHMCMS or similar. Do these have API's which allow you to get a full list of offers and specs? ( If so can any responders link to relevant documentation. )

I'm thinking this doesn't exist because it's highly undesirable for providers.

It's just a race to the bottom then...whoever has the cheapest sorts the highest. Anything special about the provider (reputation, free add-ons, etc.) is lost when people are looking at a big table of sorted prices.

• NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran

Basically most of them don't.
    Some do, in some cases the API sucks ass, so you better of be scraping it anyway.