Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

My VMHaus VPS got suspended
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

My VMHaus VPS got suspended

My VMhaus instance got suspended today and I didn't get any reply from the support yet.

That's strange. We're running there only a subscription-based web that barely gets any visits.

Anybody experienced such a situation with VMhaus?

Comments

• deankdeank Member, Troll

Thank you for contacting low end drama support department.

Your ticket has been queued, and somebody will reply soon.

• @ckissi said:
    My VMhaus instance got suspended today and I didn't get any reply from the support yet.

That's strange. We're running there only a subscription-based web that barely gets any visits.

Anybody experienced such a situation with VMhaus?

If you run out of money in your account - your instance will get suspended.

Mine are running just fine.

• yoursunnyyoursunny Member, IPv6 Advocate

Hey @ckissi,

I do suspect that there is an ongoing abuse case associated with your server as this is the only circumstance in which a server would be suspended without prior warning.

Please contact the abuse team directly by sending an email to [email protected] for further assistance with your inquiry. Please note in your message that you wish to retrieve your data, and the abuse team will get in touch with further information as soon as possible.

• ckissickissi Member

Yes, it's because of:

"Abusive network activity has been detected originating from the server."

I asked them to activate it so I can investigate what's going on there and also get some more information on what they mean about "Abusive network activity". I just need access and more information

Thanked by 1yoursunny
  • @ckissi said:
    Yes, it's because of:

"Abusive network activity has been detected originating from the server."

I asked them to activate it so I can investigate what's going on there and also get some more information on what they mean about "Abusive network activity". I just need access and more information

you were running wordpress by any chance ?

Thanked by 1CConner
  • @yoursunny said:
    Hey @ckissi,
    I do suspect that there is an ongoing abuse case associated with your server as this is the only circumstance in which a server would be suspended without prior warning.

How did you guess that correctly? You work for VMHaus?

Thanked by 3yoursunny Ympker benj0x
  • I mean we can all ask @Basil - he can shed some light on the subject

• JarryJarry Member

Question for all hosters: Is it really such a big problem to create screenshot of relevant system utility output (netstat, htop, iotop, pstree, etc) BEFORE you turn vps off? How is customer supposed to fix it if all you disclose is "we detected abusive activity"?

• jackbjackb Member, Host Rep
    edited June 2021

@Jarry said:
    Question for all hosters: Is it really such a big problem to create screenshot of relevant system utility output (netstat, htop, iotop, pstree, etc) BEFORE you turn vps off? How is customer supposed to fix it if all you disclose is "we detected abusive activity"?

On most virtualization you won't have access to that information from the customers VM, and if you did I'd consider it a breach of trust viewing it without explicit permission.

Usually a problem present before suspension will still be there when the system gets booted back up for the customer to investigate.

I'm not sure what VMHaus were looking at, but for us usually abuse detection comes from firewall alerts on the host, or IO/CPU activity visible from the host. So we would have some indication of what the problem was, but not any specific data from the system like you would prefer.