Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

BREAKING: Multiple global websites shown as offline, including Amazon Web Services and Reddit
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

BREAKING: Multiple global websites shown as offline, including Amazon Web Services and Reddit

Comments

• kwaralalakwaralala Member
    edited June 2021

Seems to be fastly
    Fastly status monitor

Thanked by 1Tony40
  • aliletalilet Member

Even Paypal seems to have issue.

• The other half of the internet that isn't using Cloudflare must be using Fastly

• The great reset begun

• aliletalilet Member

stackoverflow is also down. coding all over the world has stopped!

• jsgjsg Member, Resident Benchmarker
    edited June 2021

@kwaralala said:
    Seems to be fastly
    Fastly status monitor

Fastly status said:
    Investigating - We're currently investigating potential impact to performance with our CDN services. Jun 8, 09:58 UTC

"potential impact to performance"? Seriously? Very major sites are down (as in "floating belly up") and those a__holes call that a "potential impact to performance"?

But don't worry, there is a series of

Update - We are continuing to investigate this issue.

"Updates". Without any tangible info. At all.

But I have to give them one point. Over 30 minutes of downtime and no "it was the evil [Russians|Chinese]!!!" yet. Or maybe it's just that the cyber-sakkurity FBI derps guys are still sleepy.

Thanked by 1darkimmortal
  • NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran

• aliletalilet Member

@jsg said:

@kwaralala said:
    Seems to be fastly
    Fastly status monitor

Fastly status said:
    Investigating - We're currently investigating potential impact to performance with our CDN services. Jun 8, 09:58 UTC

"potential impact to performance"? Seriously? Very major sites are down (as in "floating belly up") and those a__holes call that a "potential impact to performance"?

But don't worry, there is a series of

Update - We are continuing to investigate this issue.

"Updates". Without any tangible info. At all.

But I have to give them one point. Over 30 minutes of downtime and no "it was the evil [Russians|Chinese]!!!" yet. Or maybe it's just that the cyber-sakkurity FBI derps guys are still sleepy.

At least their communication is better than cociu

• valkvalk Member

Welp half of the internet is dead

@alilet said:
    At least their communication is better than cociu

Not really. @cociu informs/updates us extremely rarely and what he says can't be really trusted anymore. Those guys otoh "update" frequently but without telling us anything (other than an insane marketing drones fart).

But hey, let's do a poll who's the worst. Whoever wins the competition gets a HostSolutions storage VPS CDN'd by Fastly, hehe.

• serv_eeserv_ee Member
    edited June 2021

@jsg said: But I have to give them one point. Over 30 minutes of downtime and no "it was the evil [Russians|Chinese]!!!" yet. Or maybe it's just that the cyber-sakkurity FBI derps guys are still sleepy.

And you still decided to stir the pot.

It's actually funny how you think it's perfectly fine to make fun of everything and anything US but if someone says even one thing about Russia or China all hell breaks loose.

Thanked by 2TimboJones Demindiro
  • aliletalilet Member

Fastly - The issue has been identified and a fix is being implemented.
    Jun 8, 10:44 UTC

@serv_ee said:

@jsg said: But I have to give them one point. Over 30 minutes of downtime and no "it was the evil [Russians|Chinese]!!!" yet. Or maybe it's just that the cyber-sakkurity FBI derps guys are still sleepy.

As if I could do anything, no matter what, that you wouldn't bash. Other than dropping dead maybe.

Btw., at least I commented on the matter while you commented, negatively of course, on me, the person. So much for "stir the pot".

• serv_eeserv_ee Member
    edited June 2021

@jsg said:

@serv_ee said:

As if I could do anything, no matter what, that you wouldn't bash. Other than dropping dead maybe.

Btw., at least I commented on the matter while you commented, negatively of course, on me, the person. So much for "stir the pot".

No one here mentioned anything about Russia or china. You did. So yes, you stirred the pot with that. And it has nothing to do with the topic on hand.

• aliletalilet Member

Fastly - The issue has been identified and a fix has been applied. Customers may experience increased origin load as global services return.
    Jun 8, 10:57 UTC

@serv_ee said:

@jsg said:

@serv_ee said:

No one here mentioned anything about Russia or china. You did. So yes, you stirred the pot with that. And it has nothing to do with the topic on hand.

Don't you get it? I do not care about your opinion on me. Have a nice day.

• @jsg said:

@serv_ee said:

@jsg said:

@serv_ee said:

I really couldn't give a flying fuck if you did. Just don't stir up some random shit if you can't take the heat for it

Thanked by 3iKeyZ rcy026 TimboJones
  • pbxpbx Member

FASTLY HAS BEEN INVOLUCRATED.

(they found a fix quickly)

• @serv_ee said:

@jsg said:

@serv_ee said:

@jsg said:

@serv_ee said:

I really couldn't give a flying fuck if you did. Just don't stir up some random shit if you can't take the heat for it

Calm down CCP shill ;)

@dahartigan said:

@serv_ee said:

@jsg said:

@serv_ee said:

@jsg said:

@serv_ee said:

Calm down CCP shill ;)

Actually he makes me laugh. "Thinking" himself to be in a position to dictate his funny rules to me is really funny. And so is his wet dream that he somehow could produce "heat" I'm supposedly fearing (in his wet dreams).

And now be prepared to take some "heat" too, hehehe

Thanked by 1dahartigan
  • serv_eeserv_ee Member
    edited June 2021

@jsg said:

@dahartigan said:

@serv_ee said:

@jsg said:

@serv_ee said:

@jsg said:

@serv_ee said:

Calm down CCP shill ;)

Actually he makes me laugh. "Thinking" himself to be in a position to dictate his funny rules to me is really funny. And so is his wet dream that he somehow could produce "heat" I'm supposedly fearing (in his wet dreams).

Nah, not at all. And that "heat" is because of lack of vocabulary. The only one who "thinks" anything in this forum is...well not you

As for me shilling, now that's funny as hell tho. Even further being an CCP shill, that's just hilarious.

All things considered I suggest any mod or admin to just ban me from here. It's getting ridiculous in here, one calling hosts pedos or helping/supporting pedos, one just stirring his russian propagandist bullshit up out of nowhere. Eh, got better shit to do with my time.

• This is the quote I've been waiting for!

@pbx said:
    FASTLY HAS BEEN INVOLUCRATED.

(they found a fix quickly)

Thanked by 1dahartigan
  • @jsg it seems @serv_ee is the one who can't take "the heat".. lol

Thanked by 1jsg
  • @dahartigan said: @jsg it seems @serv_ee is the one who can't take "the heat".. lol

What a surprise, the cociu shills are now friends.

Thanked by 1dahartigan
  • @stevewatson301 said:

@dahartigan said: @jsg it seems @serv_ee is the one who can't take "the heat".. lol

Who would have thought that like-minded people could find themselves agreeing on something? Hmm.. lol

@stevewatson301 said:

@dahartigan said: @jsg it seems @serv_ee is the one who can't take "the heat".. lol

Funny how your perception is bent.

Disliking mob "justice" != shilling.

My point was not at all "HostSolutions is acting well". My point was that @cocius clusterf_ck - which I clearly called out and condemned - is not a carte blanche for people disliking him to drop all decency and to pile sh_t on him based on speculation and rumours.

TL;DR One can condemn cociu's behaviour yet still stay rational and halfway decent.

@dahartigan said:

@stevewatson301 said:

Who would have thought that like-minded people could find themselves agreeing on something? Hmm.. lol

Other surprising and troubling news: 2 x 2 has been discovered to likely be less than 11 but more than 3!

Thanked by 1dahartigan
  • @jsg said:
    My point was not at all "HostSolutions is acting well". My point was that @cocius clusterf_ck - which I clearly called out and condemned - is not a carte blanche for people disliking him to drop all decency and to pile sh_t on him based on speculation and rumours.

He brought that to himself. When you don't provide people with facts (or he comes up with random shitty excuses) - that is all that the people have to work with - speculations and rumors. So he made his own bed, now he has to sleep in it.

TL;DR One can condemn cociu's behaviour yet still stay rational and halfway decent.

This is the internet. Ever since it has been around - decency on it has been severely amputated. So not sure what exactly is it that you're expecting, or fighting for/against. But you must by now realize that nobody will change their opinion based on your walls of text, as much as I am sure nobody will change your opinion as well.

But in the end of the day - he is one provider in an ocean of other providers on LET, so we really need to stop bringing his fuckups to every thread.

• @jsg said:

In cociu's head, "damnit, why didn't I just say it was the Russians and Chinese?"

• @jsg said:

@dahartigan said:

@serv_ee said:

@jsg said:

@serv_ee said:

@jsg said:

@serv_ee said:

Calm down CCP shill ;)

Weirdest escalation, ever.

• PeterPPeterP Member, Host Rep

To bring this thread back on-topic, has Fastly mentioned anything yet as to what caused the outage this morning? I'm yet to see anything as I just got home for the night, but I'm sure I'll come across something if not here.

Thanked by 1MannDude