Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What software do you use to manage your inventory, office resources etc...?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

What software do you use to manage your inventory, office resources etc...?

Wondering what software do you use to keep track and manage your resources?

Thanks

Comments

• aquaaqua Member, Patron Provider

I'd recommend Netbox if you're in the hosting business. But otherwise I think Excel/Google Sheets should do the trick.

• yoursunnyyoursunny Member, IPv6 Advocate

Office resources? Like meeting rooms?
    You can add them to your Active Directory, and then everyone in your organization can reserve them through Outlook.

Thanked by 1webcraft
  • iKeyZiKeyZ Veteran

If you mean inventory/assets we have started using Lansweeper at work which is nice for creating reports of assets. If you mean meeting rooms/office resources - what @yoursunny said is the easiest way

• bdlbdl Member

Tinder

• I mean like servers, spare hardware, racks, office computers, spare hardware and etc..

Thanked by 1tjn
  • yoursunnyyoursunny Member, IPv6 Advocate

We have Sunflower Asset Management System for everything that worth more than a few hundred dollars.
    It creates a asset tag on each item.
    Any time an item is moved to a different room or transferred to another responsible person, it must be logged in Sunflower.

• D-manD-man Member

Check out Snipe IT. Open source.

Thanked by 1o_be_one
  • PeterPPeterP Member, Host Rep

For IP space monitoring and tracking, we're currently using phpIPAM which works well for our needs. For all of the other stuff, we're currently not using anything to keep track of hardware and other assets but we probably should.

• AdvinAdvin Member, Patron Provider
    edited June 2021

I mainly use Excel/Google Sheets, but I plan on just making my own dashboard from scratch as a replacement for Excel/Google Sheets.