Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

@jbiloh
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

@jbiloh

I am sure its all proprietary information but i am interested in the state of the GSP market. What percentage of your company's income comes from Velocity and Summit?

Comments

• Do you really expect a reply on a public forum?

• Why wouldn't I? Jon seems to be a pretty active part of this community even though a lot of you abuse his kindness and badmouth cc. I have nothing but respect for him and honestly believe he will post in this thread.

• netomxnetomx Moderator, Veteran

And why will he answer this? I would never disclose that information to strangers

• @netomx said:
    And why will he answer this? I would never disclose that information to strangers

Its hardly hard hitting data that will change the way he does business if public. I asked him for a percentage. If we do not know his net profits how will that information make any difference other than understanding the hosting market a little better. I do not want to know how big the pie is, I want to know what the slices look like.

• jbilohjbiloh Administrator, Veteran
    edited September 2013

@Sweet said:
    I am sure its all proprietary information but i am interested in the state of the GSP market. What percentage of your company's income comes from Velocity and Summit?

I'm happy to share.

Less than <1% right now of the company's overall revenue is derived directly from game hosting and that percentage is still shrinking.

We haven't focused on Velocity Servers (www.velocityservers.net) in years because we did not want to compete against our customers (we host a TON of gsps). Eventually Velocity's website will be transitioned over to a dedicated server brand in the next 3-5 months.

• @jbiloh said:
    We haven't focused on Velocity Servers (www.velocityservers.net) in years because we did not want to compete against our customers (we host a TON of gsps). Eventually Velocity's website will be transitioned over to a dedicated server brand in the next 3-5 months.

Very interesting information. Thanks jon!

I used to have a summit 1.6 server that was top of the line. Speaks to your current products also.

@Sweet said:
    I used to have a summit 1.6 server that was top of the line. Speaks to your current products also.

Always happy to meet a past customer. Thanks for your business back then!

We're working hard every day to improve our product nationwide. We've got some exciting enhancements in store for later in September/early October which we're looking forward to talking about.

Let me know if you have any other questions and I'll do my best to give you the info you're looking for.

• You should really have made a generic question so you can get responses from others too. The GSP market is still quite big and has some potential.

@concerto49 said:
    You should really have made a generic question so you can get responses from others too. The GSP market is still quite big and has some potential.

Yes it is still large and doing well from all accounts. Just isn't our focus anymore.

• manacitmanacit Member
    edited September 2013

Since this is an ask jbiloh thread - I have a quick question (if you don't mind). If I recall, you guys were planning on dropping Cogent sometime around now in Buffalo, but I still see them in my routes. Is this still the plan to drop them and bring in additional capacity?

Generally I'm a pretty big fan of Cogent (in fact, I usually love to see them for bulk transit), but seeing them in my routes with Comcast is always bad news, especially at peak times.

At any rate, I'm completely happy with my dedicated server in CC Buffalo, despite all the naysayers.

@manacit said:
    Since this is an ask jbiloh thread - I have a quick question (if you don't mind). If I recall, you guys were planning on dropping Cogent sometime around now in Buffalo, but I still see them in my routes. Is this still the plan to drop them and bring in additional capacity?

Generally I'm a pretty big fan of Cogent (in fact, I usually love to see them for bulk transit), but seeing them in my routes with Comcast is always bad news, especially at peak times.

At any rate, I'm completely happy with my dedicated server in CC Buffalo, despite all the naysayers.

The removal of Cogent is part of the enhancements we'll be announcing soon. We'll be bringing in some very high-end additional transit capacity to replace Cogent (plus more).

By the middle of October you'll find that Buffalo will be one of our strongest networks, if not the strongest.

And I'm glad to hear you are happy!