Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

AX51-NVMe - Helsinki for Transfer
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

AX51-NVMe - Helsinki for Transfer

Hi All,

I am about to cancel the server as today is the last day. I can transfer it, and so you can save 50% of the setup price.

Asking: 25 euro , 59 euro actual setup price.

Comments

• MannDudeMannDude Host Rep, Veteran

PMed

• yokowasisyokowasis Member
    edited June 2021

Just asking the question here, how exactly hetzner server works. how is the invoice ?

lets assume you transfer the server to me. Do I have to pay your usage for this month ?

• @yokowasis said:
    Just asking the question here, how exactly hetzner server works. how is the invoice ?

lets assume you transfer the server to me. Do I have to pay your usage for this month ?

I don't think so you have to pay for the usage.

• skorupionskorupion Member, Host Rep

@yokowasis said:

Well, he has paid it until x day let's say the 10th. If he transfers it now to you and he paid the last invoice on the 10th of May, then you don't have to pay the invoice until the 10th.

• FalzoFalzo Member
    edited June 2021

billing with hetzner consist of two dates. one is your individual billing date aka the day you get your invoice each month. and the second is the renewal of the specific service.

every new invoice you get will cover one renewal for that service, so if you get your invoice on let's say 20th of each month, but the service renewal is 10th, then you will postpay for 10th to 20th and prepay for 20th to 10th (of next month).

for the service here only OP can tell, as you can have the case as just described and the service would be paid for so nothing falls on you. but it could also be, that his billing date is the 10th and the service renews on 15th. then we would have paid on 10th last month till 15th of last month only and the usage till today would be open and only on the next invoice.

it is important to know that Hetzner does not split the amounts if a transfer occurs but instead the one who has the service in his account on billing date will have to pay for whatever may be open.

@imgmoney said: I don't think so you have to pay for the usage.

that's not reassuring. you should know exactly till when your server is already been paid for. look at your last invoice.

• Mr_TomMr_Tom Member, Host Rep
    edited June 2021

What @Falzo said.

I've transferred a server before but had to make the person receiving it aware that the current month HADN'T been billed due to date difference between when the service renewed and my invoice date.

Best for OP to look on their last invoice with Hetzner which will show when the service is paid up until.

Edit, if today is the last day to cancel that would suggest the service renewal date is today (note service renewal isn't always the same as your invoice date)

Thanked by 1Falzo