Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Dedicated Server starting at 2.99 EUR / month - Page 99
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Dedicated Server starting at 2.99 EUR / month

Comments

• @trexos For a period I were, yes. CSGO/CSS/TF2, that is.. not anymore.

• marrcomarrco Member
    edited September 2013

my KS 2g is configured correct (debian 7, ovh standard template)

root@ovh:~# dmesg | grep -i duplex

e1000e: eth0 NIC Link is Up 100 Mbps Full Duplex, Flow Control: None

Hosted by TestDebit.info (Massy) [304.35 km]: 118.971 ms

Testing download speed........................................

Download: 93.00 Mbit/s

Testing upload speed..................................................

Upload: 10.66 Mbit/s

• I have a question? all KS packages still exclusively for residents of the EU only?

• @vinhomn said:
    I have a question? all KS packages still exclusively for residents of the EU only?

don't take it personally, but this question appeared a few times already. I suggest you put a little bit of effort and check OVH website.

• @Mati said:
    don't take it personally, but this question appeared a few times already. I suggest you put a little bit of effort and check OVH website.

oh sorry I dont have enough attention to follow all words. I read somewhere that restriction will be removed in september, so just ask to be sure about it. still keep renew my old KS 2G :( , but want to change to the newer and cheaper soon :)

• @DomainBop said:

Is that 65 MB/s or 64 Mbits/s ?

If its 200 Mbps... it cant be 65 MB/s... its 200 Mbps shaped in Ovh-ovh network as well

• rm_rm_ IPv6 Advocate, Veteran
    edited September 2013

I read somewhere that restriction will be removed in september

Go here http://www.kimsufi.com/fr/ and do a search for "Europ".

Also 3 of 4 models are now out of stock even for the EU.

• @xset said:

it could be 65MB/s (I know of other people on the mSP who aren't properly shaped and get full gbit up/down)

• Did anyone get their Kimisufi recently? I' still waiting for mine with order number. 21808XXX

• still waiting I' hoping it wont be long now as a few days ago the posted on their forum that orders where the payment was validated on 2nd August are being delivered. http://forum.ovh.co.uk/showthread.php?t=7337

• still waiting I' hoping it wont be long now as a few days ago the posted on their forum that orders where the payment was validated on 2nd August are being delivered. http://forum.ovh.co.uk/showthread.php?t=7337

• lumaluma Member
    edited September 2013

Yep, I got lucky with one of my servers.
    mSP

Internet ---> server = gigabit.
    OVH <--> gigabit.
    Server ---> Internet 200mbps (~22MB/s).

@texteditor said:
    it could be 65MB/s (I know of other people on the mSP who aren't properly shaped and get full gbit up/down)

• rds100rds100 Member
    edited September 2013

Seems some changes are pending at OVH, they are not taking new orders for now.
    (sorry for the bad english, it's not mine)

Hello, 
    The server offerings we provide are based
    on certain principles that make rental
    very interesting servers: No setup fee No commitment Monthly payment Very regular innovation Up to 100,000 servers in our DCs we did not
    had particular problems with these principles.
    Sometimes manage growth, should be added
    a limitation to two new servers per month. Sometimes
    we added during installation costs
    few months. But overall the model works very
    good. Between 100,000 servers and 150,000 servers we
    felt that these principles began to cause problems
    level of turnover. What is the turnover? The turn-over is when our
    customer who rents a server we decided to take a new
    always in our server to replace the old. This
    is not a problem if the old server was leased
    for 2-3 years and you can rent the Oldest in OVH
    2-3 more years. But with 150,000 servers, the number
    customers that we relouent a new server after
    March-June month became the majority. And older servers
    find themselves too obsolete for sale. Today we have 170,000 servers and from the implementation
    updates the range in early August, the turnover is still
    accelerated to become too large. The majority of
    deliveries not serve to make the turnover. It is
    enough book servers for new projects or
    for new customers. The delivery time for all
    became too much and we can say that the mechanics are
    longer works. 170K on all servers already rent there
    no problems at all and no change expected.
    Everything runs smoothly and you do not change anything especially
    The problem is only for new orders
    new servers. How to fix the turnover? We think it is possible to find a mechanical
    allowing us to deliver all the servers in 1H
    managing 200,000 and maybe 300,000 servers. But this
    mechanics must be questioned. We started to tinker with a few
    elements such as IP Failover, but clearly must
    go deeper. It has dozens of trails
    but if we start to change every day, an end here
    and by the end there, no one will understand anything. So even if we do not have 10,000 servers loans
    be delivered (all lines combined together and all DCs)
    so we decided to make a "sold out" on all
    offers dedicated servers in France, subsidiaries in Europe
    as well as Canada and the USA. Orders that have been passed
    be delivered but we no longer taking new orders. This "sold out" will allow us to take the time to analyze
    so deep sales in recent months and
    understand the behavior of each customer generated
    the turnover. Then we will relist servers
    with a limited amount (lot 100 servers)
    and new principles and then rescan
    what happened. And so on until you find
    principles that will help: To deliver fast servers Offer very competitive offers Better customer loyalty to its server In parallel, we are accelerating the rewrite API
    to v6 level domain names, emails
    the web hosting and dedicated servers. The same
    ManagerV6 level that will replace the V3 and V5
    before the end of the year. Our order system
    will be reviewed before the end of the year for all
    services that we offer. We can
    propose a self-renew with the CB in Europe and Canada.
    In short, we take the "sold out" to put
    not the internal resources on growth but
    the consolidation of our back office and delivery
    involved in the mechanics of our offerings. Meanwhile, if you have any new projects that you
    forced to lease new servers, do not hesitate to
    contact so that you can make an order to
    hand. We stock servers, but we do not want
    deliver it to continue to the turnover. We rely on your feedback to help us refine
    mechanics that should suit you and which will enable us
    to do our job without having to change the rules
    game every 6 months because it was 200K or 300K
    servers in our DCs. In short, this is a good time to
    discuss and exchange information and get the idea that no one has
    had previously ... Regards
    Octave
  • rm_rm_ IPv6 Advocate, Veteran
    edited September 2013

Sooo, they put out new offers where a server costs 3 EUR with about the same specs as those for which old customers are paying 15 EUR currently, and say that the only way to get new pricing is to cancel the old server and order the new one? And then look surprised at "all that turnover"? Riiiiiiiiiiight. I was thinking they must at least somewhat know what they're doing, and probably have some larger plan in place. But more and more I am starting to doubt that. :D

• I was wondering about this too. Customers come and go, mostly they get newish servers but with this influx lately OVH will stuck with thousands and thousands older low end servers no one will want in less than a year.

• prometeusprometeus Member, Host Rep
    edited September 2013

I can see a big smile on the face of M :P

• SpiritSpirit Member
    edited September 2013

@prometeus said:
    I can see a big smile on the face of M :P

I can see extensive essay of M following your comment :P

• @Spirit said:

No need, a simple "i told you" would suffice ;-)

• MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran

Yeah, I told you this is not sustainable. Ppl were inventing incredible discounts on large orders etc.
    I told you the servers cant pay for themselves in many years (not even two) because they will be obsolete. OVH found out about that too...
    I think this means they cut the losses and keep the same pool rotating. I was beginning to doubt their sanity when they kept saying they will continue this, but it seems that something happened, maybe the banks analyzed the balance sheets (whatever is called in English) and realized some indicators are completely out of place.
    I am glad OVH will still be around, though, people need a lot of choice and they are definitely good at that. I especially have high hopes for their DDoS protection that will suck out the magnets from other providers.
    All in all, it ends up well, OVH survives, learned a lesson, the scene is still rich and lively, I was right. Hopefully they will also start treating their customers better, maybe that is one of the reason for high turnover too ? Nobody seems to grasp it yet, they think it is the fault of the products and pricing, at least that seems to be the theme.
    Treat your customers like dirt, kick them for imaginary reasons then take a break and wonder why you have turnover... At least they paused and are reflecting. Hopefully it is not too late and they didnt finish the money they raised yet.

• I guess now is the time to post our new dedicated servers offer (evil grin).
    Nah, i'll wait ;-)

edited September 2013

We cannot compete making similar products with people sitting on hundreds of millions. At least not in price.
    However, our atoms have IPMI and are in supermicro cases, are customizable, have some support and I hope a bit of a human touch.
    The capitalism is wrongly understood in both US and as of late in EU also. The small guys (both people and companies) cannot continue to subsidize the big guys that can force the governments to do what they want. But even if we continue to do that, we can still make a living by providing decent products, with a decent price, even innovative in places. Carrefour and Real (big hypermarket chains) are struggling here after a start that pushed back the small corner shops, but now the trend is turning. There is place for everyone as long as they adapt to their niches.

• prometeusprometeus Member, Host Rep

@rds100 said:
    I guess now is the time to post our new dedicated servers offer (evil grin).
    Nah, i'll wait ;-)

I suggest you to sell the same servers at a fraction of the previous offer :-)

• SpiritSpirit Member
    edited September 2013

@Spirit said:

@rds100 said:
    No need, a simple "i told you" would suffice ;-)

@rds100 I told you.

• @prometeus i will, i also intend to lower the price for the current customers who use these servers. However this will be after the servers have been used for a year - which for us would mean the hardware is paid off already :)

@Spirit said:
    rds100 I told you.

Well, feel free to make it shorter :P

• @Maounique never say something what you don't mean it! :)

• @rds100 said:
    Seems some changes are pending at OVH, they are not taking new orders for now.

In other words - When marketing hits reality.

• No, actually it could have been a good marketing trick. But it wasn't planned and executed properly.

• Anyone still waiting on one of these? <3 this deal xD

This discussion has been closed.