Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Need Windows VPS
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Need Windows VPS

kristalkristal Banned
edited September 2011 in General

Hello,
id like to rent Windows VPS, MINIMUM SPECS: 512mb ram, 5gb hdd, half cpu core, 5gb monthly transfer, port speed 10mbps.
any win os, 1 ip, no support
Please make me an offer with prices, thank You

Comments

• Maybe you go to lowendbox.com and do a quick search. That has the advantage that you also get an idea about the reputation of the provider due to the comments next to the respective offers.

• yes sir been there did that, obviously, but none of the offers match my requirements and most of win vps are not so recent, therefore i decided to post, thanks

Thanked by 1Shadiq
  • get one from burrstnet :D
    I had one there, and they work quite good

• Yes BurstNET windows box i had was quite reasonable.

Ive currently got one from Zazoomvps, but i dont know if they have any stock at the moment.

• CurlHost offer $6.50 512MB Xen HVM VPS in Seattle (come with win2003) on lowendbox.com.

http://www.lowendbox.com/blog/curlhost-6-50-512mb-xen-hvm-vps-in-seattle/

order link still valid:
    https://my.curlhost.com/cart.php?pid=36&carttpl=ajaxcart

It is good. (one man shop and has been there for awhile).
    I used it before I got VPSPORT 1g ram 20g window for 6.99 offer on LEB.

• Go59954Go59954 Member
    edited September 2011

Also check in lowendbox.com use search box or tags.

• kristalkristal Banned
    edited September 2011

yeah thanks but their coupons are not working, therefore the offer hunt continues :D
    and curl requires domain name, too bad ;p

• kristalkristal Banned
    edited September 2011

its ok, no rush :)

• kristal said: curl requires domain name, too bad

That's certainly a weird form they have on their order page... maybe a ploy to get people to purchase a domain name from them. I don't see how they could possibly require a domain name. I would just choose "I will use my existing domain and update my nameservers" and put in example.com or something.

• Most (if not all) Windows VPS on LEB have expired. I've been looking at it for the past month.

• yeah so there r 2 of us, what specs u looking for ? :)

• Email a host with a xen or kvm plan you like. If you have a legit windows licence then they will probably load it on the vps for you. I did this with the host house and now have a very cheap windows vps

• PhotonVPSPhotonVPS Member, Host Rep

What's your budget for this?

• kristalkristal Banned
    edited September 2011

there was an offer last time on lowendbox:
    VPSPort – $6.99 1GB Windows VPS in Jacksonville
    and thats ideally what im after.
    as i stated, ram is important, other resources can be very limited.
    i can provide my own windows legit serial: xp, vista 32, vista 64, whichever is best for u.
    thanks

• @ Raise yo hand up lets do some sort of a waiting list :-)

• my spec requirements are similar to yours. I'm wanting to learn MS-SQL (T-SQL) along with hosting some of my other websites - some php, python and C# ASP.NET.

• BUMP :D

• +1. I'm looking for Window deals as well, about krystal's specs too. I'm using it mainly for personal use so I'm not looking to spend a lot.

I did search for offers on LEB but most of the offers either expired or did not match my reqs. Was about to go for Burst.net at the normal price but after reading their thread at LEB, I've decided to avoid that company.

So I'm still looking~

• message daimonb for price quote on new upcoming windows vps

• kristalkristal Banned
    edited September 2011

OK GUYS, i was able to work out a deal with a very kind Mr Ken from UPTIMEVPS.com.

the specs are:

Windows 2008 Virtuozzo - UV-1024 Windows 2008 Special.

5GB Disk Space

5GB Bandwidth (per month)

1024MB Memory

Price: 4 euro per month. (~5,61$)

ORDER LINK: https://secure.uptimevps.com/cart.php?a=add&pid=12

That is an excellent price and exactly the specs i require therefore im on it even tho its pre-order and server will launch in next couple of days. You can wait till then, but its too hot im on it now :-> I got 2 linux vpses at uptime and i am very happy with them so far. Thank You and Enjoy

• @kristal

5GB HDD - Windows 2008 requires 10GB http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/windowsserver/bb414778

And only 5GB of bandwidth?

• The virtuozzo containers share the same Windows installation, so, the 5GB are almost for your own usage

• kristalkristal Banned
    edited September 2011

@kuro: yes 5gb should be for your own use not including windows. 5gb bandwidth thats all i asked for so thats how much i got. feel free to contact them and negotiate your own conditions.

• yomero said: The virtuozzo containers share the same Windows installation, so, the 5GB are almost for your own usage

Ah, couldn't remember if it was like that or not, the only Virtuozzo Windows VPS i had was from the failrail, and that was far from usable.

• Uptime VPS just released a deal 1GB memory 50GB storage windows 2008 r2 for 7euro/month.

• ztec said: Uptime VPS just released a deal 1GB memory 50GB storage windows 2008 r2 for 7euro/month.

That is what we are talking about

• Hmm so anyone bought that? Let us know how it performs :)

• kristalkristal Banned
    edited September 2011

My Vps is up n runnin now, im impressed :->

If theres any specific way u want me to test it, let me know

@yomero: Out of my 5gb space i got 4,75gb free :-)

• Yep, that is the idea :P

• @kristal Can you run the geekbench benchmark on it? :)